January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Time is not flying by. Still 30 mins til i leave for the school run and an hour and 6 mins til my appointment. I'm going crazy here!!!!

-AussieBub

OMG THEY DON'T CHECK FOR THE HEARTBEAT AT 16 WEEKS ANYMORE! She had a quick look anyway but said because there's still too much room to hide, they dont look until after 20 weeks. She tried anyway but said if they dont find it, they dont send you off for a scan because they're not supposed to check this early. She apparently found it (i couldnt hear it) but baby would move away and she'd only hear it for a couple seconds each time. She supposedly found it 4 times though. I'm relieved the heart is still beating though a little disappointed I didn't get to hear it for myself. Oh well, we'll see baby in a week at the gender scan anyway. I'm just happy to know the heart is still beating.

-AussieBub

Yay Aussie - delighted for you!
what hospital do you go to?
The reason I ask is because at my hospital they def listen for the heartbeat. I wasn't sure what they did at the 16 week appointment and whether my husband needed time off work to come with me so when I got the letter I called them and asked them what the appointment was for to see if he needed to come.
They specifically said it was to listen to the heartbeat and do some quick tests like blood pressure etc.
Seems very strange to me that they do it at some and not others.
But despite all this - I'm so glad that all is great with your baby!! :)

In scotland you dont even get a 16 week app for your 2nd+ baby. Next time i see midwife ill be 22 weeks eeeek. Defo gonna book that gender scan tonight!

I look massive. I am definitely as big at 3 months with number 1 as i was 5/6 months with my DD.

When do you girls plan on buying stuff? I waited until aftet the 20 weeks scan last time but was thinking of starting sooner as we have less money now so need to spread the cost!

That's so strange that they don't do it where you are. I have a specific 16 week appointment booked which is solely to hear the heartbeat and it was the midwife who booked that not me that suggested it.

I'm glad they managed to find baby though and your feeling a little more reassured :) a week isn't long to wait now and you have that lovely bit of positivity to keep you going til then, I'm so excited for your gender scan!

I get just as excited when you ladies have scans and appointments as I do when it's my own haha x

Sarah I'm the same as you. The midwife booked the 16 week appointment.

Jessy I'll probably start buying odd bits when we find out the sex. I also want to spread the costs out so will buy a few things every so often.

I also get excited about other peoples scans and appointments!! 😊

I'm in Nottingham but my midwife is located at my gp's. At my booking appointment the midwife mentioned heartbeat would be checked at 16 weeks. So i went in expecting that to happen. It was a different midwife with a training midwife and they explained they're not meant to do it anymore. I had actually read that but it was an older post so figured it was just location specific but apparently not. Baby's heart is beating though so that's all that really matters to me.

-AussieBub

Exactly! You have a healthy baby in there which is fantastic! Have the nervs gone now?

Guess I'll find out at my appt later in the month but mine is at the hospital not midwife and when I called they told me what they do on the day and they def said listen to the heartbeat. I shall just wait and see!

My appointment is at my gp surgery and it's written in my book as the heartbeat appointment so I'm intrigued to see if they will go back on that come the time now.

Random tangent, but if any of you have little boys and girls who love the Cars films, take them to see 3, it's really good! Logan enjoyed it as did we!

Yeah nerves were gone as soon as i got to my gp's lol. Knew they would. Dreading my GTT on Tuesday now. Not because I'm scared or worried or anything, just because the whole ordeal sucks. I remember last pregnancy it left me so exhausted and in the 2 hour wait I just wanted to sleep but was so uncomfortable that I couldn't. Have to do this stupid GTT twice this pregnancy too. Can't wait for that to be over, it's gonna suck, and then I can look forward and impatiently wait for my gender scan on the Saturday lol.

-AussieBub

Glad things went as well as they could have on your scan, aussie.

Jessy, yes I feel like I'm showing all of a sudden too!

Was at the store yesterday buying some new shirts and I felt none of them fit right because my belly was hanging out too much!
Im just hoping my bump doesn't get toooo big in next month as I have a wedding to go too and Im one of the bridesmaids and I already bought my dress! Im either gonna suck my gut in for photos or just say hell with it and pose with my arms around bump in the classic maternity pose. :rofl:

20170714_204254.png

I think it's sensible to not check at 16 weeks...it can be so nerve wracking and if it's not 100% I'd probably rather not try because it'll send me on a crazy spiral! Plus I think if for any reason they do it at mine then I will ask to not hear it because my DH won't be there and I'd wanna hear it for the very first time with him :) I'm soppy I know :haha:

I'm so consumed with paranoia....taking a lot of deep breaths and reminding myself that the next 7 weeks will go quick....i think I'll feel better after 24 weeks...when I know if something bad happens that they'll do something about it....i dunno that point in pregnancy feels good to me.

I can't wait to feel movement. At the moment I've nearly forgotten what it looked like seeing our bubs move around....im tempted to ask DH if we should have a 16 weeks scan and then we can keep a little video! I found a place for £50 for 15 minutes then u just pay £15 for a video...i think if u pay £70 you get a USB stick of every photo they get plus printouts and HDLive viewing....

I know I'll wanna do it again after our 20 week scan though....i just can't get enough and it makes me feel good knowing it's doing alright in there! It's all such a mystery...

Aw marriedlaydee, hang in there... the first healthy pregnancy with the first baby is so nerve wracking, if another scan would reassure you, go right ahead and do it. We were TTC for 5 years before we got our rainbow baby and after so many losses it was downright agonizing at some points. Keep busy to keep your mind off things and follow your own good advice you gave some of us a few weeks ago concerning anxiety. Youll be fine hon, you already made it to 12 weeks, and that's a huge milestone!

Ahhh Aussie you look amazing, check out that bump!

I'm starting to get that familiar 'fullness' feeling now and the feeling that everything is shifting up a bit. I remember my first sign last time of that happening was I sat down too hard and I got a shooting pain in my lower abdomen. I was so worried I rang the midwife and she told me not to panic it's just everything moving. Just had that this same feeling this morning. Sadly though I won't pop and look pregnant for a while yet as I'm a UK 18-20 so not a small girl to start with. I have given up now and am wearing maternity trousers to work as 12 hours of discomfort can sod off lol

I agree with swampmaiden, you absolutely should go and get that scan if you feel it would make a difference to your mental health throughout pregnancy. Looking after yourself is so important and part of that is keeping unnecessary stress and anxiety away. £50-70 is a small price to pay in the long run to help you feel better about what is happening with baby x

Well thats me booked our gender scan for 12th August so 4 weeks today we should know what we are having yeah!!!!

Yeah nerves were gone as soon as i got to my gp's lol. Knew they would. Dreading my GTT on Tuesday now. Not because I'm scared or worried or anything, just because the whole ordeal sucks. I remember last pregnancy it left me so exhausted and in the 2 hour wait I just wanted to sleep but was so uncomfortable that I couldn't. Have to do this stupid GTT twice this pregnancy too. Can't wait for that to be over, it's gonna suck, and then I can look forward and impatiently wait for my gender scan on the Saturday lol.

-AussieBub

Just catching up on everything as not been on for a while!

Aussie, why do you have to have 2 GTT's? Glad to hear all was well at your midwife appointment and very jealous of your scan next weekend!!

I've got my 16 week appointment with my midwife at my GP surgery on 31 July so am intrigued as to whether she will attempt to find the HB! I was also told it would be to give me a flu and whooping cough vaccine but I'm currently undecided if I want them?! I've also received my 20 week scan appointment for 31st of August...seems so far away so I might book a private gender scan for early August!

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well :flower:

Hmm somehow missed page 94 so a bit more to catch up on! :haha:

Swampmaiden – I would embrace the bump! Afterall you do have a miracle going on in there.

Aussie – nice bump, so neat and tidy looking!

Married – Although I already have a DD I’m very similar to you with the worrying. Weirdly, with my DD I just accepted I was pregnant and had no doubts I wouldn’t have a baby at the end of the pregnancy whereas this time I think I literally did a pregnancy test daily from when I found out (week 5) until roughly week 9! Then I had a private scan to confirm there was really a baby and then went on checking with my Doppler almost daily!!
To explain a bit of my background, it took us exactly 12 months to conceive DD and when I’d practically given up ovulation testing etc we had our BFP. Then when DD was 2 we decided to NTNP which resulted in 1 false positive in Feb 2016 on a CBFM but other than that nothing. I was convinced that my traumatic birth on DD1 was to blame (EMCS and a tear to the Uterus) but we’d never been debriefed as to what happened…The BAM out of nowhere in May was this BFP…I only tested to prove the girls in work wrong that I wasn’t pregnant and it was positive!! Since then I’ve had a really hard time convincing myself im pregnant and just have a huge fear something will go wrong but so far so good. Hopefully once I can feel baby moving and kicking etc it’ll go but until then I continue with my daily worries…doesn’t help that I couldn’t find babies HB yesterday on my doppler, I think I found it briefly today but my battery has run out :sad1:
£70 seems a good price…see if you have a place called Precious Moments Baby Scans near you…they have really reasonable prices too x

Sarah – I’m the same size as you and I too am embracing maternity trousers! Although I am generally a bigger lady I have noticed that my stomach seems fuller a bit higher up if that makes sense! I’ll try and take an updated pic later!

Jessy – look forward to seeing your scan!

Sarah and Wills - I'm also the same size! I'm just wearing a lot of dresses and skirts. I can still manage to get into my work skirts but they are getting tighter...

Aussie - GORGEOUS!!! love that bump!!

Aussie out of interest: where abouts are you from?
I'm from New Zealand all the way down in Dunedin but left in 2005 so have been in Europe for a while now 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->