January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

London Kiwi, I'm just popping in because I saw your name on the thread in the main page! We chatted in the TWW board last year, I'm from NZ too. I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your BFP :) I hope everything's going smoothly!

London Kiwi, I'm just popping in because I saw your name on the thread in the main page! We chatted in the TWW board last year, I'm from NZ too. I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your BFP :) I hope everything's going smoothly!

Oh hey Sarah!!
Aww thanks. It's still a bit surreal but I'm starting to get excited now!
Wow you don't have long to go now... Wishing you all the best! And lovely to hear from you X

Hi ladies, just wanted to share my scan picture from Thursday. One very healthy baby!

Attachments

• IMG_2233.jpg
    IMG_2233.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 5
Awww how exciting Anni! Lovely picture.

Girls i have a dilema. The pram i want is on offer with carrycot and carseat with 190 off! I think its too early to buy its black so doesnt matter re gender and my mum would store but seems far tooo early to be buying this! Ahhhhhhh

Ignore me decides against it. Wasnt the exact one i wanted!

Great scan Annio! You must be so pleased.

Jessy funny you mention it I've been looking at prams online this morning, just don't know what I want to get - so many options!

What have you thought so far. I was a black frame this time. I have narrowed it down to 2 but i defo want to wait longer boo! They are soo expensive aswell!

This is our first baby so I'm going in blind really... Have no idea what to get!
I asked a couple of friends and they all have different ones so that didn't help.
I think we might pop into a few shops and have a look.
Will prob go for something neutral like black for the colour.

Decisions decisions!

6 months?! Is that nothing at all for 6 months or the big bits?
I'm constantly looking online at things but haven't decided when to start buying the big bits maybe after the 20 week scan...

I cant stop myself from looking and then i realise even 20 weeks is soo long away. Am hoping to buy some things after our gender scan at which point ill be 16+3. I need to satisfy my need to spend money so i ordered some maternity clothes instead :haha:

Wait until after the baby shower to buy anything, so you know what you'll need. Newborns need very little, especially clothes

For strollers, Id say its all about how you plan to use it. I got the BOB because I hike a lot, go on dirt paths and go for really long walks around town and its wheels are great for all that stuff. But if you think youll mainly just want it for short trips out of car, then youd want a different type of stroller. The City Baby strollers are popular here because they have a ton of storage space and the baby faces you rather than out, but those strollers are only good for like first year wheteas with the BOB not only can it fit toddlers and bigger kids, theres been once or twice I rode in it too while nursing a screaming baby and my husband pushed us! Lol!

Swampmaiden - yes absolutely agree with you. I'm going to wait until after the baby shower for all the little bits.
But will start buying the big bits like furniture, prams etc around 20 weeks. First baby so I literally have nothing! And no idea what I want to get yet either.

We find out the sex on Weds 26th so I will start thinking about the nursery then. We bought a new house last year so I LOVE renovations and DIY so can't wait to get stuck into designing a nursery!!

ah you ladies are all getting so organised! I've not even started looking at stuff yet! Though that said I was on amazon the other day and they had the baby bjorn balance bouncers on a flash sale so I bought one for £69.99 instead of £149.99. I had one with DD and it was a godsend so didn't hesitate buying another. Luckily I've also still got DD's cotbed, jumperoo and many other bits so I only really need a pram, bottles and feeding bits and maybe a few new clothes! Though i'm sure i'll end up buying way more!! We've also got a holiday booked to Lanzarote for October half term so I think i'll have to wait until after that to buy anything major...

So organised! I'm nowhere near thinking about stuff yet.

My in laws are amazing and are buying our pram so it's finding one we like. But we need the rest as all we have left from Logan's infant years is his Silvercross Pop stroller which is lovely once their a toddler not so good for newborn.

Were not having a baby shower to my knowledge so I'll be looking to buy things, or at least price things up, after our gender scan I think. 5 days til my 12 week scan now. :D

I think I'll be borrowing SIL's stroller base that carseat attaches to and buying a nice 3 wheeled stroller that will work well on dirt paths.

I've never done shared care before and have been having anxiety that my GP won't have a Doppler to listen to the heartbeat. They may have one and I really hope they do but am so worried due to my previous loss in my first pregnancy. I think that if they don't I will have to ask to be sent for a scan or go back to my OB instead.

On another note I've still been feeling sick to my stomach off and on. My fatigue has been better but I've been on vacation and going to bed earlier then when I work so that probably has a lot to do with it.

So down syndrome chances came back 1 in 3794
Edwards and Patau syndrome came back 1 in 100,000

Both are considered lower risk....

These tests are obviously great results but don't eliminate fears for other conditions...or even still getting these.

I hope we have a happy healthy baby growing! I'm so impatient I want 20 weeks to come already!

That is really low risk, it may not seem like it but it is. I would be reassured by those results personally. If it does begin to play on your mind however, there is always further testing available if you feel that would help. I'm sure all is well though so please try not to panic yourself x

Great results married :)

My results were good too but doesn't stop you worrying does it...

Great results married :)

My results were good too but doesn't stop you worrying does it...

Oh definitely not! This worry apparently never stops now...it'll just be a whole new batch of things to worry about for the rest of their life when theyre born safe:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->