January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Always something new to worry about, the life of parents eh!

Married - I totally get your concern! mine came back as 1 in 6000 for trisomy 13 and 18. The doctor told us it's low risk and great news but I'm still terrified!!

Probably why people I know say to not bother getting it done as the numbers just make you worry. 1 in a million and we would probably all still panic!

On another note...anyone sneezing, bending or turning in bed and getting sharp shooting pains lower stomach??? I did some googling and it sounds like round ligament pain? I'm still hurting now it's really sore. All I did was do some gardening for 20 minutes. Learned my lesson and im now back on the sofa lol :haha:

Ive not had my results back. My bloods were taken on wednesday last week. How long do they take. I dont remember last time and now starting to panic.

Hey Jessy,
I got mine back last Thursday which was two weeks to the day that the tests were done.
They said they would call within 3 working days if there was something that they were concerned about.
I'm sure your results will arrive soon... It's awful having to wait though isn't it!

Everything is so worrying. I feel i cant relax at all.

I relaxed as soon as my scan was over but the next day was back to worrying. My NT measurement was 1.7mm which she said was normal?

Probably why people I know say to not bother getting it done as the numbers just make you worry. 1 in a million and we would probably all still panic!

On another note...anyone sneezing, bending or turning in bed and getting sharp shooting pains lower stomach??? I did some googling and it sounds like round ligament pain? I'm still hurting now it's really sore. All I did was do some gardening for 20 minutes. Learned my lesson and im now back on the sofa lol :haha:

I get this all the time, sneezing is definitely the worst for it or if I really need a wee :haha: I don't remember it with my girls but it's been a few years!

That's perfectly normal (mine was 1.3mm)

A friend had a measurement of 6mm and has just given birth to a totally healthy baby boy!

I relaxed as soon as my scan was over but the next day was back to worrying. My NT measurement was 1.7mm which she said was normal?

I get this all the time, sneezing is definitely the worst for it or if I really need a wee :haha: I don't remember it with my girls but it's been a few years!

Haha me too ladies! I find I'm grabbing my stomach and hold it when I sneeze :haha:

I hold my stomach when i sneeze even though it has only hurt me once or twice. I find sometimes just standing up i get under the 'bump' (or podge) twinges.

I too get that quite sharp pain when I sneeze, or even sit down too quickly. It's enough to make you jump and wince a bit isn't it!

15 weeks today!!! This pregnancy is going so much quicker than my first. I think having a two year old to distract me helps.

mine was 2mm and i got 1 in 10,000 for downs, 1 in 6700 for Trisomy 13 and 18. apparently anything under 2.5 is normal so you are well under!!

I was going to say I think the normal limit is 2.5mm so you are well within that :)

How is everyone?!!!

Into my 13th week and everyone around me is more excited than me. Even though I've seen the baby and it sunk in that it's there and growing...its funny but as each day passes I don't make the association anymore...its sort of like forgetting or not appreciating there's a tiny human in me...sort of doesn't feel real????

I suspected of feeling this way...and toyed with the idea of when the time comes for movement that it will be the pivotal moment in this journey....but I'm also feeling like I still won't really 'feel' this until a lot later...and I'm sort of worried that I'll freak out in that moment of revelation.

I do try looking at stuff we will buy.. but a massive part stops and thinks 'I'm crazy why am I looking at these things.'

I feel like a right weirdo right now when everyone else around me is so excited and aware of me being pregnant. I still just 95% do not make the association! I never imagined I'd have this silly problem I thought it would all be belly cradling and daydreaming.

Funny how when it happens you don't react emotionally the way you thought! Maybe it's my way of protecting myself from my fears of losing it???

It's totally protecting yourself. I catch myself looking at cribs and then backing off, then not thinking about it for days until someone brings it up. It's easy to forget or not think about being pregnant when you feel normal most of the time.

I know how you feel. I'm having a really hard time connecting/bonding with this pregnancy. It came easier with my first two. I'm not sure why :(

You took the words out of my mouth married!
Everyone around me is so excited for us about the baby but I struggle to see the excitement for myself.
It's still really surreal and as I never had morning sickness or felt anything I struggle to believe there is anything growing in there!
I am just over 15 weeks now and keep thinking maybe when we have our gender scan next week my perception will change. I will be able to say he or she and it may feel more real.
I do want to be excited but it's lacking at the moment.
I think I'm still also a bit worried about telling my work... Need to do that soon!

Anyone else in the UK wide awake because of these crazy storms ⚡️⚡️⚡️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->