January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Sarah, I'm a nurse in the NHS and yes your boss is probably right about mat allowance. You need to have worked at your job for like a week before falling pregnant to get amp. That said I doubt you'll have any other problem starting pregnant. We've had a few people do it on my ward in the last year. It hasn't been a problem for any of them.

Annio, thank you that's really helpful. I wasn't expecting to get maternity pay but I know I'm entitled to maternity allowance from the job center as I've been working for the past 20 weeks so that's ok. My maternity pay at my current place is only 6 weeks full then statutory maternity pay anyway so I'm not missing much. Especially as I'm part time and my full pay isn't much more than mat allowance anyway! Thank you for helping out my mind at ease about how I'll be treated though :)

And thank you for the well wishes about tommorrow ladies. Very excited now! :D

Sarahcake - good luck tomorrow!! I look forward to your scan pics :D

<3 thank you! Can't wait to post a picture! 12 weeks today, it feels like it's been a real slog to get here too haha

Hey ladies,

Just having a quick catch up before heading off for a weekend away with my hubby and DD.

Sarah, on my first DD I was offered a job on the Friday and was given the weekend to think about it...well that Sunday I found out I was pregnant! I rang them on the Monday and told them I would have liked to have accepted the job but that I had found out I was pregnant and so assumed that they would retract the offer - well they didn't! So I went along and started and everyone was fabulous and didn't bat an eyelid when I found out I was already 12 weeks! I ended up on stat mat pay which was then around £154 per week... a lot less than my salary but I coped well enough. So I guess what I'm saying is go for it and tell your old boss to do one!!!
Also looking forward to your scan pic!

In terms of everyone mentioning being disconnected...I feel the same. My MS has gone and apart from my swollen stomach I have no other symptoms. I thought I felt the baby move when I was led down the other night but it could have also been wind!! Only way I seem to satisfy myself that I really am pregnant is by getting my doppler out but even then sometimes baby hides and I'm panicking. I've got my 20week scan on 31st Aug and also my consultant appointment on 15th August so a lot more will soon be happening which I'm hoping will help. Also thinking of booking a private gender scan as 20 week one says DD can only come in at the end and so my hubby would miss the actual scan. (we promised DD she could be with us when we found out gender so I think private scan will make it more enjoyable for her too).

Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

Tell me i am crazy girls. Can you feel movement at 13 weeks. I feel like i am going mad but i feel wriggling very very low down. Is it most likely to be muscles/organs moving or gas (yuck!) 2nd baby but i am a bit chubbier than i was with her.

I wish i felt proper movements already!

Jessy I don't think you're crazy at all. I first felt what I thought was baby at 13 weeks 3 days and since then I've felt something most days, and I'm now convinced it is the baby, and that what I felt then was also baby.

I've heard a lot of people say they felt 2nd and subsequent babies earlier than their first babies as you know what you're feeling for.

Seems totally possible to me that it is baby, if position and everything is just right then seems right to me that you could feel them.

Thank you wills :) I'm seeing a lot more positive experiences than negative right now so that's really helpful.

I've had my scan today, one very very wiggly happy baby. Did not want to start still at all for the neck measurement but we got there eventually! Was 1.2mm and overall I'm at a 1:18000 risk factor so we're all good here.

I've gained back 4 days so I'm now due January 29th so I've sneaked back in to jan... By the skin of my teeth!

I'll pop a picture up later on as apparently the picture I have on my phone is too large.

I'm certain I've been feeling baby move this last week and I was wondering even before that.

I thought I felt something last week as well! but haven't felt anything since then so it was probably gas.. haha!!

Sarah - congrats!!! can't wait to see your wiggly baby!!

Hopefully this will work haha!

Attachments

• Scan 2.jpg
    Scan 2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 10
Seeing them today has just shifted things in my mind a bit, feeling a lot more connected now. That scan was far better than any I had with my son, they really took their time over it and the machinery itself was far superior so we could see so much. Can't wait to book our gender scan now :D

Congrats Sarah! I'm so anxious to see our bubs again too...i just want him or her here asap!

We had a 12 week scan last Tuesday. All well and date stayed 26th January. Gender scan booked for 12th Sept. Feeling more excited now. Nausea is lingering though and tiredness, I'm ready for the 2nd trimester "bloom"!

Attachments

• IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 4
Had my 12 week scan on 10th July which put me to 13 weeks and changed my due date to 15th January instead of the 21st :)

Downs Syndrome risk was 1:14,000 (1.00mm NT)
Trisomy risk was 1:50,000

Everyone is saying he/she looks long!

Attachments

• IMG_20170710_201338_290.jpg
    IMG_20170710_201338_290.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 4
Loving all the scans ladies! &#128156;

Only a few days till our gender scan. Can't wait till Weds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->