January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Hopefully I'll be more relaxed at my 20 week scan now! The lady was lovely and did all the measurements to reassure me all was OK. I don't think we ever fully relax until baby is here though! We are all so close to half way now :)

I am guessing girl for you londonkiwi

My husband is convinced a girl... We shall see!
I've been working in the midlands today so making the journey back to London now then off to my scan. Shall let you all know! X

Our gender scan isnt until 12th. Convinced its a girl so will be surprised if it turns out to be a boy. Either way i will be one happy mama if everything is ok. X

Congrats Soph! How old is your little boy? Does he understand he's getting a brother? Glad to hear bubs is all good.

Good luck for yours Kiwi! And Jessy, it'll fly by to the 12th. These weeks are passing so quickly!

Jessy - Mine's not til 16th and I'm also convinced mine's a girl!! was your guess correct for your first?

Congrats Soph! How old is your little boy? Does he understand he's getting a brother? Glad to hear bubs is all good.

Good luck for yours Kiwi! And Jessy, it'll fly by to the 12th. These weeks are passing so quickly!

He turned two last month, so doesn't understand what's happening yet! He did enjoy hearing the babies heartbeat today which was lovely 😊.

Yeah we knew instantly she was a girl. My OHs brother has two girls so for some reason i cant shift the thought that this little one is a girl too. I dont care either way but will be pleasantly surprised if its a boy.

I am due 24th Jan so i feel like i am soo behind everyone haha. Anomly scan is at 19 weeks and thats 5 weeks away.

First tri i felt went quite quickly but can see this one dragging massively!

Same boat as me, Jessy! I'm not die til the 29th and everything seems so far away. My anomaly scan isn't until SEP 13th which is soooo far away. Will be booking our gender scan for 3 weeks time but that still feels like an age away!

I'm so impatient.

congrats to all those with the gender scans...def seems like we have too many team blues so maybe we'll have a bout of team pinks soon!!

London - maybe you'll be kicking off a team pink wave lol

I'm nearly 16 weeks and don't have my 20 week scan until 31st Aug where i'll be nearly 21 weeks...really tempted to book a gender scan for next week but am worried its wasting money as its so early...whats everyones thoughts...can you see clearly by 16/17 weeks?

I've also found my pram...wasn't even looking but have decided on this

https://www.preciouslittleone.com/p...-vento-black-3-in-1-travel-system-denim-grey/

which I absolutely love but am waiting until my 20 week scan before purchasing. Am also paying an extra £50 and upgrading to a maxi cosy car seat. Its really the only thing I'll be purchasing new except for bottles and feeding stuff as I have everything else from dd.

congrats to all those with the gender scans...def seems like we have too many team blues so maybe we'll have a bout of team pinks soon!!

London - maybe you'll be kicking off a team pink wave lol

I'm nearly 16 weeks and don't have my 20 week scan until 31st Aug where i'll be nearly 21 weeks...really tempted to book a gender scan for next week but am worried its wasting money as its so early...whats everyones thoughts...can you see clearly by 16/17 weeks?

I've also found my pram...wasn't even looking but have decided on this

https://www.preciouslittleone.com/p...-vento-black-3-in-1-travel-system-denim-grey/

which I absolutely love but am waiting until my 20 week scan before purchasing. Am also paying an extra £50 and upgrading to a maxi cosy car seat. Its really the only thing I'll be purchasing new except for bottles and feeding stuff as I have everything else from dd.

I'm only 16 +1 today and she saw that he was a boy straight away. I think form 16 weeks they can usually tell.

thanks Soph...I might take a peek at scan appointments then lol

I am hoping so wills. Ours is at 16 weeks 2 days.

Also my anomoly scan is 31st August! But not until 4pm. Boo!

Love the pram too! Good deal.

Wow lush pram Wills!! I wish we could afford one that price as they're the best but our budget is set at top end of £300 as we are first time parents we are bound to buy loads of other bits and get a lot wrong lol!

That pram is very nice and that's a lot for the money to be honest so good deal :D

Married, £300 will get you a decent pram/travel system :) I'd advise looking at local shops rather than chain stores if that makes sense. Like I have a place called stroll on baby in my town and it's opposite a toys r us/ babies r us.

In babies r us there were loads of really beautiful prams that we really liked but we thought we will go along the road to look at the independent store.

The pram we liked (I forget the name now) was £550 for the set.

In the independent place, the same pram set, cot, cot mattress, cot bedding, Moses basket and car seat was £500!! Absolute bargain. Were going back to take another look after we know the sex.

Long story short, make sure you check your local independent shops as you can get some really good deals and your £300 will get you a lot :) x

An uberchild pram is a nice set for less than 300 marriedlaydee. Comes with car seat and carry cot and i think you can even buy an iso fix base for the car seat (i find the base a lifesaver!) They have some really cute designs too.

://uberchild.com/uberchild-evo.html?___store=uk&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr_juyN-n1QIVxbftCh2DvgaxEAAYASAAEgJvuvD_BwE

Thanks for the pram likes ladies :kiss:...as soon as I saw it I knew it was the one for me. TBH I do think its a lot of money and the isofix base is an extra £150 on top of the link price but this time I'm fortunate that I still have nearly everything from DD so all I'm buying new is the pram, a new moses basket mattress and feeding stuff. I have a lot of gender neutral clothes from DD that I can re-use and a lot of other clothes if its another girl (which I'm convinced it is!) plus a jumperoo, mamas and papas cotbed and stuff like that.

Married - on my DD I bought a Graco Quattro deluxe pram in denim grey and black and infact still have it which I'll use around our farm or when out walking our dog. It was around £350 when I had DD nearly 6 years ago and it was amazing. I've just looked online and there's a slightly updated model to the one I had for a bargain price as per the link...

https://www.preciouslittleone.com/p...ONoFizb9glRjwrHoFeM_0S005ELpYJKMaAn3sEALw_wcB

they also have the seat base which again looks a really good price, think mine was £75. Definitely worth a look and I can honestly recommend it. I only changed it for a stroller when DD was about 2 so it had plenty of use :haha:

I also second Sarah's post about the local independent retailers...mine was from a really little shop called Top Image in my local town centre and they were really helpful and after paying a deposit I just paid a few £ each week rather than a huge lump sum. helps when you have everything else to buy too. i'd also recommend joining the Babies R Us club as I had loads of vouchers and money off coupons for things like bottle sets, swing seat....every little helps!

I am hoping so wills. Ours is at 16 weeks 2 days.

Also my anomoly scan is 31st August! But not until 4pm. Boo!

Love the pram too! Good deal.

ahh...scan buddies!! Luckily mine is at 9:30am so I don't have to wait too long but I've just been looking at a private gender scan and for £80 can have a scan, 6 pics, 10 minute video, find out gender, hear the HB and have a verbal pregnancy report so am seriously considering it. Am thinking for 12th August as I'll be approaching 18 weeks so they should def be able to see what it is!

your instinct was right!!!!!! Congrats on your baby girl, London!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->