January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Some lovely names ladies :) it's the hardest thing finding that perfect name. I may have mine sorted, but I know what I'm like, I may just go NOPE when they are here!

I just saw about the happenings in Barcelona. Shocking. when will it end? :(

I have totally gone off Arthur now with how popular it seems to have gotten! Thanks married i have downloaded that app!

I was pretty sure i was feeling movement a week or two ago and now i hardly feel anything. Its very weird. Cant wait to feel him properly!

Do you like Edie? Its very similar to Evie if you were thinking of an alternative.

Edie is cute...bit I swear I know of an 'old lady with that name' lol! You know how that goes :haha:...

But yes I guess I have an attraction to that sound in the name. I said Evelyn was cute and then it spiralled to Eva, eve, Evie....

Baby will be called Baby T when it's born I reckon. I can totally see how sometimes you don't settle until baby is here and you've seen their face!

I love Evelyn, my nan was that and I loved it from a young age. My partner has noped it though as he said it's too old fashioned.

What about Edith? That could be shorter to Edie day to day and Edith is a lovely name. It is old fashioned but it's facing somewhat of a resurgence lately.

Congrats Koj and welcome to team blue :blue:

Some lovely names there ladies!
London - love Heidi or Matilda (Maddie)
Married - I also love Evie but my DD is Ava so sadly I could never have it as its too similar :wacko: Luckily its a boy for us but still discussing names at the mo. DH likes Ethan and I quite like Theo but we have a bit more time to decide yet thankfully! If it was a girl DH wanted Chloe and I wanted Aria...we never agree :haha:

Am jealous of those feeling movement...I've had the odd little kick/movement but appear to have one lazy baby here, by now DD was always moving! Doesn't help that hes a bit lazy as I find myself reaching for my doppler for reassurance. I've got my 20 week scan on 31st August (will be 20+5 mind!!) so fingers crossed they will reassure me all is well. Hopefully its a sign of a contented baby when he's born lol x

Ethan and Theo are both lovely! Funnily enough Ethan was a name my husband liked and I liked Theo but he wasn't convinced.
I actually think it's because all his mates are Arsenal fans and he thinks of Theo Walcott, yes he is that ridiculous !
Names are tough!
Atleast we still have a few months to decide 😊

I'll be 20+3 at my scan next Thursday. Can't wait now. I too am waiting for another kick! I used my Doppler This morning, was a pretty strong heartbeat, she's moving up higher too!

My husband actually just tried to hijack my phone and read this thread! Who would've thought men would be interested haha.

Quiet night in for us. I made home made burgers and wedges and a night on the couch is on the cards!

Names for girls were easy for us. Boys names have always been tricky but i am pretty keen on Finlay atm so ill see how it feels in a couple of months time!

My feet were all swollen when i got in from work today! I am only 17 weeks! This doesnt bode well on how its gonna be towards the end :haha:

My pizza andbread craving is subsiding now. All i want is frosties and ice cold milk.

Congrats Koj and welcome to team blue :blue:

Some lovely names there ladies!
London - love Heidi or Matilda (Maddie)
Married - I also love Evie but my DD is Ava so sadly I could never have it as its too similar :wacko: Luckily its a boy for us but still discussing names at the mo. DH likes Ethan and I quite like Theo but we have a bit more time to decide yet thankfully! If it was a girl DH wanted Chloe and I wanted Aria...we never agree :haha:

Am jealous of those feeling movement...I've had the odd little kick/movement but appear to have one lazy baby here, by now DD was always moving! Doesn't help that hes a bit lazy as I find myself reaching for my doppler for reassurance. I've got my 20 week scan on 31st August (will be 20+5 mind!!) so fingers crossed they will reassure me all is well. Hopefully its a sign of a contented baby when he's born lol x

Ahhh LOVE Ava too!!! :haha: our last name is only three letters....hummmm

I have a little girl called Matilda and she gets called Tilly.

I say Matilda to people then mention Tilly - but then everyone keeps saying to me it was their dogs name or their neighbours dog....
You can't win can you! There's always something about each name that puts people off...

At the moment it's the top of our list.

Would be so much easier if babies came with a little name tag and you had to name them that. Like a cabbage patch kid :)

Been way too long since I updated here. Had my 20 week scan last week. Baby is absolutely fine and no anomalies were found. Yay! We've named him Flynn and finally today at 21+1 weeks OH got to feel him kicking away. I've been feeling him for almost 4 weeks ao it's nice he can feel Flynn moving now too. That's all there is to report. Here's a photo from my 20 week scan. Hope you're all doing well.

20170816_144410.jpg

Aussie that scan is AMAZING!
Gorgeous Flynn!
It's so clear, how beautiful.

You've made me very excited to have my 20-week scan on Thurs.

Good friends had a baby girl this afternoon and named her Hollie, one of the names we liked... Better cross that one off the list too!

Awww so glad scan went well Aussiebub! Lovely picture

I'm so fed up today. Two year old has been a nightmare. Woke at 5am and still awake now. Tantrums and screaming all day!!! Husband is away for another 4 weeks ��.

Amazing Aussie wondered where you got to but was happy that you didn't need us too much lately so must have been feeling better in yourself :)

You guys going to have a 3D scan later on?

I've been keeping busy lately. DD went away for 2 weeks so OH and I went out a lot. And then I've had my dad visiting from Aus all week as well so I've not been around much for the last 3 weeks. I've been feeling much happier since Flynn started moving but because his movements were so rare and faint for weeks, I did freak out and break down the night before my 20 week scan thinking there could be something wrong. Huge sigh of relief to learn everything is fine and he's just lazy lol. He's wriggling around a lot atm so I'm very happy atm.

-AussieBub

Hi ladies,

I've just caught up, didn't realise how long since I was on.

Loving lots of the names.

We were totally set on Hector for a boy but now I'm not too sure. I quite like Tristan too. I kind of can't imagine having a boy.

20 week scan coming up 1st september when I will be 20 weeks exactly.

Ahhh Aussie that picture is really lovely! Very clear and detailed. Flynn is a gorgeous name too!

Lots of scans coming soon then, 1 week today until my gender scan then our anomaly scan is 13th September when I'm 20 weeks exactly.

Just come back from a surprise weekend away to lift my spirits after getting quite low with my back pain. Back is gradually getting better but this weekend I walked around a farm/zoo and had hands on experiences with meercats (they are the cutest to hold and they love cuddles!) And Lemers, Servals, snakes, hedgehogs ect and it was amazing. Really helped lift me up a bit and seeing friends I hadn't seen for a while helped so much. So things are good here.

Hope youve all had a lovely weekend x

Ahhh anomaly scan on Thu. I can't wait until it's over!! I know babies moving about in there but still terrified there's something wrong. Once that's over then the countdown begins. Still another 4 weeks until I see midwife again.

Pregnancy is basically just wandering from one stressor to another really isn't it. I'm sure all will be fine Soph :)

Mine is Thurs too. Soph I think we had our last scans on the same day too!
I was really excited about it but now I'm a little worried that there will be something wrong. Prob totally over reacting so will just think positively.

My next midwife appointment is on 6th Sept

Next anomoly scan is a week on thurs. I think the same as you wills! I too am freaking a little bit so busy with my DDs birthday tomorrow and we were away at the weekend. I feel i have overdone it but how do you slow down with a child to look after and house to keep!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->