January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

Good luck London and Soph for your scans tomorrow...looking forward to seeing pics :)

Married - I've felt a few movements but nothing major just yet sadly! I'm sure once we are all being kicked and punched we'll feel differently lol

Has anyone else had swelling really badly yet? I seem to be suffering with quite bad swelling on my left side but randomly not so much on my right side. Have also had headaches on and off for the last week or so and when googling it, it says it could be a sign of pre-eclampsia?! I did try ringing my midwife for advice but cant get hold of her so will ring the triage centre tomorrow and see what they say if the swelling is still bad. only thing is pre-eclampsia is normally diagnosed with protein in urine and high BP but on 15th my urine was fine and BP 110/60 so don't know if I'm worried for nothing...opinions ladies??!!

I had preeclampsia last time and the first symptom was swelling, then later the protein in urine and slightly raised BP. Headache and uncontrolled BP came later and by then was severe and needed emcs. I had no symptoms until 32 weeks and I think generally it's unlikely to get preeclampsia at 19 weeks ish. It is definitely possible after 20 weeks but I think it's far more likely not to be preeclampsia at this point. However, there is absolutely no harm in being checked out and they woiod much rather do that than take any chances.

I'll be honest I don't know a great deal about preeclampsia but that being said, if you have things going on that you are worried about, you should absolutely ring for advice and it's very sensible of you for already doing so. So many women feel like they can't bother their midwives and sometimes things aren't right and go unnoticed - I'm not at all saying something is wrong here, just that it's sensible to call when your worried.

Give them a call today and see what they say. :)

Is anyone dealing with insomnia here? I had it with Logan but much later on but for the last 3 nights im going bed at 10, not falling asleep until 1am and then am awake constantly moving and shifting. I'm so tired currently.

All the best today Soph!
I'm excited to see her again, roll on 10.30 !

Sarah, I don't sleep well at the best of times... Have never needed a lot of sleep but lately when my husband comes to bed or I wake to go to the toilet I find it hard to get back to sleep, very frustrating !

I hope you both have wonderful scans today! Can't wait to see pictures!

My partner just doesn't move in the night, once he's asleep, he's asleep so luckily he's not bugging me at night but I just can't seem to settle and I'm tired at the time because I'm yawning ect just can't drop off and stay there!

Scan done!
20.8 cm long (with long legs apparently!)
Confirmed she's 100% a girl 💗
Everything seemed normal which is great.
The sonographer commented on how much she is moving, said it's great to see such a wriggly baby!
Photos were pretty crap to be honest... She was moving so much but the lady managed to get a pic of her featuring her arms etc. Not amazing but have attached anyway!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 3
I'm so glad it all went well for you! I always find the 12 week pictures are much better than 20 weeks as they are so much bigger and can't always fit into the picture!

I'm so glad it all went well for you! I always find the 12 week pictures are much better than 20 weeks as they are so much bigger and can't always fit into the picture!

Yes I think you're probably right. She's too big now.
Soph hope all goes well with your scan, only an hour to go!

Lovely scan londonkiwi glad it all went well. ��

Mine was good and everything looks completely normal! Still definitely a boy too lol. Such a relief when it's over and can relax a little.

Glad to see that these babies haven't decided to change their mind on what sex they are 😂

Glad all went well with you too Soph :D

Ah delighted for you Soph!
Definitely happy everything looks normal and now we can focus on the next 20 weeks before they arrive.

My next scan is a growth scan at 32 weeks, seems forever away!

aww London great pic and great she's still a girl lol

Also good to hear about yours Soph and thanks for your comments regarding pre-eclampsia. I didn't get chance to ring the midwife unit today cos work has been manic especially as I'm going away to St Ives in Cornwall for the weekend tomorrow so needed to get tomorrows work done today too. will see how I feel in the morning but might ring before we leave if I'm worried. headaches are still periodic and swelling is there but has subsided...

I'm told.St Ives is beautiful! I've not been there myself and it's criminal really as I'm only in Plymouth so not too far away. I hope you have a wonderful time :)
Take your pregnancy notes with you and if your still not feeling great, find the walk in center nearest there and go and see them lovely. Just coz your on holiday doesn't mean you won't be able to get medical help should you need it :)

Midwife appointment for me tommorrow, check MSUs, bloods and listen to baby's heartbeat :D

Yay congrats kiwi! Our 16 week scan didn't produce great pics either so I'm prepared for an equally blurry baby in a few weeks! Lol

london - great pic!! and congrats on definitely having a girl! haha My tech also commented on how wiggly our little guy was too and how it's a good thing and that they get worried if they aren't very active. so movement apparently is a great thing!!

soph - congrats on definite boy to you!!

Midwife went well today :) she used the Doppler without me asking her if she could so seems its still pretty standard here.

Baby kept hitting it and wriggling away but she got there in the end. Good strong heartbeat and lots of movement so I'm happy.

GTT booked in for the 6th Nov then my next midwife visit is booked for the 10th.

Hope we've all had a good day today :)

Great to hear Sarah!!
So good to hear that heart beat isn't it!

I've had a hectic day at work today, well working from home but it was non stop! Normally I try to get a few chores done also but didn't happen today.

I chatted to my direct boss about maternity leave etc today. He said he will fully support me in whatever it takes not to lose me but I get the feeling he's not overly thrilled ! Oh well... Nothing I can do now!

Delighted it's a long weekend, much needed!

My other half is on a long weekend now and he's very smug about it as I'm on a 12 hour shift Saturday and Monday haha!

It's so reassuring isn't it, I've been having a kind of crisis lately thinking I hope baby is ok as I'd not felt a movement for a few days - obviously it's too early for anything regular but I panic about everything in general so it really helped me.

It's good that you have his support but you are right, can't do nothing about it now anyway if he had a problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->