January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

I am feeling stronger more regular movements now.
She was proper kicking last night when I was sitting on the couch / in bed.
So those who haven't felt anything yet... it won't be long!

I have never thought about Owen before but now you've said it I love it!!!

I know I need to actually do something about the pain this time. Last time the midwife said she would refer me if I wanted but she didn't believe a pelvic brace worked, so I just took her word for it and left it. I completely hibernated that pregnancy and used to spend weekends in bed watching Netflix. Was wonderful lol! This time with a 2 year old to look after hibernating isn't an option sadly! .

Yeah i saw it on a list and have mulled it over for some time. I dont think my OH will go for it but i think it flows nicely with my DDs name!

I didnt realise you coulf self refer for physio!

THANK YOU HORMONES! For causing me to be a blubbering mess at school drop off today. DD's old friends (who moved out of her class) were outside playing at drop off and ran over to see her. They got in trouble for leaving their play area and taken back. DD tried to follow but i bought her to me. Her best friend then arrived and she ran over and gave her a massive hug. I lost it and started crying my eyes out. Thankfully DD's friends mum is also pregnant (8 days behind me) and understood and sympathized with me. So embarrassing though. The kids just wanted to play together and I lost it. So thank you hormones for robbing me of any dignity at school drop off today lol.

-AussieBub

Oooo I like Owen a lot! I would have defo considered that for myself if I was having a boy. I've been very lucky that we have both loved babies name. His mother however hates it haha

I think it differs by county but for the most part, you can indeed self refer. Google physio self referral and then your town, you should get the enquiry page of your city :) I really feel that the pelvic braces work wonders. I have a big maternity brace on which looks like a medieval torture device but is really very comfortable and pretty much all that is holding my back and hips together currently!

Oh Aussie bless you! It's a hard thing to deal with at the best of times but whilst your hormones are all over the shop, it's just a nightmare!

Still waiting for movement I can't deny. Seems to be taking forever!

Terribly bad back today...all I did was walk a little longer than before (like literally 15 minutes around asda) and I feel like a cripple. Im also feeling pains or aches in my lower stomach so im pretty sure all my lower muscles are just quite literally being tested and torn apart!

I called in sick to work Wednesday as I started to get a headache Tuesday night...and I knew it would happen, I predictably woke Wednesday morning and bright li
Lghts and moving were just miserable. Tonight I'm feeling the headache yet again and I'm so fed up of them now as they always start the same and are worse by morning.

I haven't taken paracetamol as id just rather not...but these headaches seem to be getting more and more frequent so perhaps I need to do something about it.

Laying down in a dark room on my day off Monday is sooooooo appealing right now!

:(

Married, have you got an anterior placenta? I have done both times and with my first it was probably 22 weeks before I was consistently feeling movements. This time I have an anterior placenta again, but felt movement a lot earlier, in the 13th week, but I really think it's just because I know what to expect. Anyhow, I'm sure you'll be feeling bubs loads before you know it!

And Jessy I really like Owen. I can't get my husband on board with it, but I think it's lovely.

I'm still not feeling regular movements too, I was worried but I try not to be now. I feel little bits off and on and she has days which are more active than others but I'm going to ask the sonographer where my placenta is laid on Wednesday as that does make such a big impact on what you feel and when.

My last day at my current job today, an emotional state currently!
The company is a nightmare and the management are assholes but the staff I work with are lovely and I adore my residents so it's an emotional day for me! 5 more hours to stop myself having a emotional meltdown 😂

Aww marriedlaydee headaches are absolutely miserable. I had them bad in first terimester and it's awful. Paracetamol are absolutely fine to take and won't do any harm if you stick to minimum dose. I had horrific headaches before DS was delivered (caused by preeclampsia) and was given cocodamol and codeine, so sure you'll be ok with some paracetamol.

Sarahcake aw I hope you have a nice last day. Preg hormones make everything so much worse. Is that you finished work until after baby?

Just checked and can self refer for ohysio here, but think I'll just see midwife on Tue. I was to make appointment for 24 weeks but 23 is near enough lol.

Paracetamol is indeed ok when taken in accordance to daily limits, if your in pain, don't suffer. They had me on oramorph back along don't forget and she has been fine.

Have a word with the midwife first Soph, but I suspect she will just say to self refer. A good maternity support belt will help though in the meantime, unfortunately you have to pay for those yourself though :(

I'm moving jobs, going back to the hospital, I got this job before I found out I was pregnant so going through with a job change at 20 weeks 😂 I must be mad!

Thanks everyone. Much better today after a bad three days of headaches. I think I'll go buy paracetamol today in preparation for the next attack as I doubt I'll tolerate it the next time!

I love Mondays! Its the start of a new week and always really excited that baby has made it to another milestone. I've got bloody huge this week though! Yikes...im pretty sure I popped overnight...

Dont mind my socks which match in style but don't in colour...lol!

Attachments

• PSX_20170911_101033.jpg
    PSX_20170911_101033.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 9
Lovely bump!!

23 weeks today 😊 Hectic day at work, now I'm on the mission from Derby home to London - tired!

Aww another lovely bump! I feel like I've just popped out now as well. Seems to just happen overnight doesn't it!

23 weeks already, that's going fast! 20 weeks today myself! Halfway there!

Had my first of 4 training days today at the hospital, others start next Monday. I have definitely made the right decision to move jobs, everyone was absolutely lovely there and the course leaders couldn't do enough for me, offering me support and where I can get it from if I need help ect. Very happy girl today and I cant wait to start properly now!

Yay on being half way Sarah.

Great to hear your new job are being so supportive. Makes settling in easier for you.
Pretty sure today my managers were discussing cover for me when I'm off - I dont want anyone to do my work ! Ha. I look after a few Nhs Trusts and manage their expectations etc, I really don't want the role to be neglected when I'm off so I hope they get someone who is willing to put in the hard work.
I won't be off that long anyway with returning next summer but it still worries me that I'll come back to a mess.

I think I've also got a lot bigger in the past couple of days. The dress I'm wearing today is very snug. This will be the last time I wear it I think! Still trying to fit into all my clothes and not have to opt for maternity wear just yet... but it's only a matter of time!

It's made life so much easier by them being as good as they have been. It makes you want to go that extra mile for them doesn't it.

I know what you mean though, you have your own way of looking after your own work and projects and the thought of someone doing things just fills you with a bit of dread. I know it does me!

Give in to the comfort!!! You know you want to ;) I gave in really early to maternity wear and I have no regrets 😂

https://www.ntd.tv/inspiring/life/i...-child-photographed-from-inside-the-womb.html

Guys you have to all look at this incredible work. All real photos inside the womb!!! I'm stunned at the photography especially the images of conception! Amazing!

Those pictures are amazing :O nice to see what is going on in there!

20 week scan tommorrow and I'm doing the obligatory freaking out that I'm going to get there and be told bad news. Still not feeling lots of movement and nothing in the last 12 hours, I'm sure she's probably just toward my back rather than the front but I'm a worrier and I will probably continue to worry even once I've seen a perfectly healthy wriggly baby girl on that screen tommorrow!

I'm sure all will be good at the scan tomorrow Sarah, good luck for it! It's totally normal and natural to worry before scans, I always do. Just think of how lovely it will be walking out with a pic of your little girlie!

I'm going to look at those pictures later on Married, sounds interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->