January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

They're very good photos! Amazing to see hust how much hair is on these little humans too!

Return of the headache today :( if I get then every few days is it still okay to just keep taking paracetamol? I dont have a midwife appointment until 10th October and I'd rather not ask silly questions on the phone lol

They're very good photos! Amazing to see hust how much hair is on these little humans too!

Return of the headache today :( if I get then every few days is it still okay to just keep taking paracetamol? I dont have a midwife appointment until 10th October and I'd rather not ask silly questions on the phone lol

Yeh you're fine to take paracetamol Hun provided you aren't taking more than the recommended dose obviously. Make sure you are drinking plenty too and mention it at your next appointment with your midwife if it continues or gets worse.

married - lovely bump!!! I should start taking bump pics too. I don't think I've taken a single one yet!!

I think you will be just fine to take paracetamol when you need it. So long as you don't go over 8 tabs in 24 hours your fine.

I have a new craving... Pistachio nuts... I bought a bag for a few here and there... Ate the lot. Woops. Could be worse I guess, could be eating kebabs every night lol

Good luck for the scan tomorrow Sarah!
Can't wait to hear about your little girl 💗

Yummm now I feel like nuts.
Had a massive craving for red meat today so I've got a huge steak for dinner tonight!

Thank you <3 I just posted a thread asking for opinions on my 17 week potty shot as I'm so worried their going to tell me it's a boy &#128514;&#128514; I've bought her pram and all sorts haha I'm being a nut job and I know it. Gotta love pregnancy!

Mmm steak, yummy! Enjoy that! I could eat that myself. Just had a big bowl of beef stew and dumplings with way more tiger bread than I probably should be eating &#128514;&#128514;

I've had beef stew & dumplings tonight too, best thing about colder weather - the yummy food!

I love the colder seasons, I'm not one at all for heat and light meals, give me a nice bowl of stew whilst I'm snuggled up in my dressing gown on the sofa and I'm happy!

Marriedlaydee lovely bump! Really popped out now.

Good luck tommorow sarahcake. It's such a big milestone getting that scan over with. Fingers crossed she's stiii a girl lol.

Thank you lovely. I'll be sure to update as soon as I can. We will be having a meeting with the consultant after so will likely be there a few hours lol

Back from my scan and consultant appointments!

One very happy, perfectly healthy baby girl , weighing approx 11oz <3 I adore the 20 week scans, I love seeing the detail in the heart, brain, spine ect. We got a real close up of her face too and she looks a lot like my son currently!

Consultant appointment went well, she's impressed by me as I'm a bit of a medical celebrity &#128514;&#128514; I have something called HSP, it's a form of vasculitis and is kind of like Lupus. I'm one of 17 cases in recorded history of a pregnant adult with this condition. When I was pregnant with my son, I was one of 9 people, so it's increased a bit.

Because of this, this is the upside, a scan in 6 weeks, 10 weeks and 14 weeks time, C-section booked for 39 weeks and regular consultant appointments, the bad news, clexane injections twice a day for the next 4 months :O

But all in all, beautiful scan, lovely consultant and all is well :)

Attachments

• received_10214566760860164.jpg
    received_10214566760860164.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 5
AWW!! great scan!! congrats on the girl confirmation too ;)

Oh yay Sarah, gorgeous picture &#128151;
You must be delighted that you got to see her again today.
My mother had Lupus and my sister also has it, not as bad as my mum had it because they detected it earlier but it caused her a lot of issues during pregnancy, she ended up having Ava at 32 weeks by C-section. I have been surrounded by lupus related illness all my life so I feel your pain.
I hope that it doesn't cause you too much discomfort.
Awww you've made me so excited for my next scan.... 4 1/2 weeks away damn it!! ha.
She's kicking a lot tonight! &#128151;

Brilliant news sarahcake. Glad all is well.
That sounds like you've got a lot going on but good they've got a plan. Sounds like everything's under control...or as much as things can be.

Thanks ladies :)

I'm actually clear of a flare up and have been since I was pregnant last time but it stays in your system unfortunately. I think I'm so rare because Henoch-Schonlein Purpura is generally a paediatric disease, it very very rarely presents itself in adults. But my consultant is wonderful and is playing it on the side of caution so I'm happy. In myself, I actually feel totally fine. The first sign for me that I'm having a flare of it is skin breakdown but it's the renal failure risk that is making her play it safe. As I say, I feel fine but I'm thankful to have a doctor that recognises how serious it can be.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a rife history of it in your family Kiwi :( not nice at all.
Not long til your next scan though :) she's not stopped kicking me since she was poked and prodded either haha

Great to hear that you're doing well. I hope it doesn't flare up and stays away.

My mother was very sick with lupus for a long time, it literally shut her kidneys down and didn't stop until she died really. Although she put up a good fight! She helped out the medical school at our local
University by basically being a guinea pig for them which I thought was great. After she passed away we found all her medical journals she was keeping for the students, was amazing to read but sad at the same time to
Read how much she really did suffer and never really let on to any of us. Awful that my sister has it too but it's more controlled as they detected it much earlier. Although she doesn't help herself with her short temper and her inability to stay out of the sun!!

I've been swimming most mornings and the baby seems to love it, she kicks away the whole time!

It's my birthday next week, normally that would involve a lot of eating and drinking, this year willl be a little different. Trying to think of something to do as it's on a Sunday... will prob end up just going for lunch and will def have to treat myself to a small glass of birthday bubbles I think!

So jealous...thats an amazing scan picture!!! Congrats!!!

Felt baby 'roll' today YAY finally the first time I've felt anything!!!! Took me a while to realise something wasn't prodding me on the outside where I was sitting Lol! Definitely on the inside and hasn't stopped for 6 hours now. Always so far in the exact same spot <3

Your mum sounds like an amazing lady, Kiwi. To selflessly help toward medical research when your in so much pain and discomfort is a wonderful thing and the awful things she went through have not been for nothing as I'm sure that research would have helped so many people and helped to develop different care pathways and treatments. So sorry that this has happened to your family. I've lost both my parents (to cancer so a bit different) so I completely understand just how painful that is.

Book a table at a lovely restaurant and spoil yourself :) get your nearest and dearest there and enjoy each others company. A small glass of something nice isn't going to hurt so I say go for it :) I've got mine next month and I'm going to do the same thing, it's my 30th and I would probably having a few drinks... Not this time so I plan to eat delicious food with the most important people in my life.

Swimming is such a good way to keep active. Exercise with no real strain on the body like a session at the gym would be!

Aww married congrats on feeling the movement! It's lovely isn't it!

Delicious food to make up for the lack of booze sounds good &#128512;

Married you must be so pleased you can feel movement now. Last night this little lady wouldn't stop moving!

How's the new job Sarah?

Im still doing the trust induction things at the moment. Taking a week off between my old job and the training starting. Been up to my ward though and spoke to my ward sister who is wonderful, got my shifts for the next fortnight :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->