January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

My neighbours kids have got electric scooters. One is 6 the other is 7 and they do really well on them. I dont think she is too young and certain its something she will grow with i reckon.

Oh man it is cold today! I am miserable so have put the heating on. My OHs xmas present has arrived at my neighbours so need to pick it up and hide it before he gets home from work!

My neighbours kids have got electric scooters. One is 6 the other is 7 and they do really well on them. I dont think she is too young and certain its something she will grow with i reckon.

Oh man it is cold today! I am miserable so have put the heating on. My OHs xmas present has arrived at my neighbours so need to pick it up and hide it before he gets home from work!

ah that makes me feel a bit better then. Once we are back from hols i'll get looking.

Been looking at prams today and have seen a few other travel systems that I like so I'm really confused! What have you ladies gone for?

I went for the cybex balios m. I wanted a black frame and a pretty simple pram. I love that the the foot rest moves up or down can lie flat had a good side hood and a mesh bit for when they are forward facing. Basket is big and it has a bar handle bar.

What ones have you been looking at. Silver cross wayfarer seem really popular. We had a mamas and papas sola last time and that was pretty good. It was quite big folded if you have a small boot. Babystyle oyster is also pretty to look at and seems to be popular.

I am becoming like a pram a holic even though i already have mine haha.

This is a pic i stole off google of my pram. Its at my mums so still havent pushed it about but getting to see it next week when i visit her. So excited and hope i still love it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171014-180139.jpg
    Screenshot_20171014-180139.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 7
We've got a silver cross wayfarer which we had for ds. I really like it, the only thing is I wish I had gone for the pioneer instead (if they sell that still!). At that time they did and the wheels were bigger and more suited to uneven ground. We didn't bother thinking the normal wheels would be fine, and they are, but I just feel like it would be a smoother ride with the chunkier wheels.

What age did you first take you kids to the cinema? Ds is 2.5 and I'm debating taking him tomorrow as dh is away and I want to do something low effort as I'm so tired! It would be one of the early kids screenings so I guess no great loss if he just gets through eating his popcorn and then wants to leave!

Wills, a holiday sounds amazing. I'm so envious! Having been in a house which we gutted and did loads in I can imagine it will be a great break after having all that going on!

It's been surprisingly warm here today. I went out this afternoon with just jeans and a Tshirt on. The last bit of sun I reckon, it'll probably be freezing tomorrow!

dd Was almost 3 when we first went and we lasted an hour before she wanted to go home. Odeon do kids screenings at 10am sat and sun and the tickets are only 3.25 per person so you dont care about missing a bit. We have seen about 4/5 films now but the only one she didnt get restless at was trolls!

Thanks for sharing your prams ladies :thumbup:

Jessy - I'd never heard of Cybex before!
Daisies - the wayfarer looks great. its one we looked at but reviews seem hit and miss though I've never actually pushed or seen one infront of me so cant comment on actual pram.

I've been looking at 3 in particular at the moment...

1 - Venicci soft denim grey but upgrading to maxi cosi car seat and isofix base. will cost around £770
2. Oyster 2 facelift edition but again upgrading to maxi cosi car seat and base. will cost about £820
3. Ickle bubba stomp v3 package as is which will cost around £500.

Trouble is I feel guilty spending so much on a pram after we've spent around £8000 or £9000 on the extension work we've had done :shrug:

I've still got DD's pram which was a Graco Quattro tour deluxe pram and is in great condition but its soo heavy! Plus its very nearly 6 years old...

Attachments

• Venicci.jpg
    Venicci.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1
  • oyster.jpg
    oyster.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1
  • ickle bubba.jpg
    ickle bubba.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1
Ooh I think I'd go for the Venicci, coz that denim grey is lovely! Never pushed any of them so have no idea, but I love a bit of grey!

I like the oyster. My neighbour has an ickle bubba stomp v2 and it looks lovely. She really likes it and said the only thing she finds annoying is when her wee one fell asleep her knees and legs weren't flat. Its quite often on bounty offers. Have you had a look there. Mamas and papas usually have either their urbo or armadillo flip ob there as a bundle deal. Always looks good.

I had only heard of cybex when it comes to car seats.

Yes I picked up the Mamas and Papas Urbo travel system on Bounty.
We got it for around £650 down from £1200-1300 - bargain!

It comes with the Isofix maxi cosi car seat also.

It's black with light grey on the inside so looks really nice.

A friend has it and recommended it to me, I saw it on sale so purchased it up a while back.

Love it! I did love my mamas and papas last time and sort of wish i had gone for one of the bounty deals as alot of them come with a play mat and isofix base etc.

Thanks ladies :flower:

there does look to be a good deal on the mamas and papas ones so will check out some of the reviews. x

We have our 28 week scan tomorrow, looking forward to seeing baby girl squirming around 💕

Also having the Glucose test... feels like I'll be at the hospital half the day as have to wait two hours Btwn blood tests.

We have our 28 week scan tomorrow, looking forward to seeing baby girl squirming around 💕

Also having the Glucose test... feels like I'll be at the hospital half the day as have to wait two hours Btwn blood tests.

ah London I don't envy you, the 2 hour wait is a pain! Hope it passes quickly for the GTT and that baby behaves for the scan. x

I've got a growth scan Wednesday but thankfully don't have my GTT until 31st Oct when I'm back off hols, I also have my 30 week growth scan then too and then 1 other one 2 weeks later before my birthing plan is decided.

I feel like things are ramping up now with appointments etc. I was at the hospital on Friday for standard blood tests and I'm at the midwife for my 28 week appointment on Thursday. Then I'll next be back to see her at 31 weeks which seems like no time between appointments at all.

Is anyone else on their 2nd (or later) baby and feeling more nervous about the birth than last time? I'm really freaking myself out about it! I think in part because I only got to the hospital 40 mins before I had him, and don't want it to be that close again, but it's on my mind a lot! I was pretty chilled last time (rare for me, I'm a total worrier) and I think that helped me have a fairly simple labour & birth. I feel like I need to calm myself down somehow so I don't make it more difficult for myself, but how?!?!

We started making progress on our little man's room with painting although it's not done yet. He still doesn't have a name yet but have a potential just not 100% on it.

I have to talk to MIL and SIL to see if they would be available for one of them to watch the girls when we go in to have this little man.

So I am born in the worst storm Britain's ever seen (Oct 15 1987) and I turn 30 during storm Ophelia... Coincidence... Haha!

Hope were all doing well! I've got a few appointments coming up in the next few weeks.26 week Scan next week, GTT on the 6th, Midwife on the 10th. Feels like I've not been seen for a while and then I've got a bunch of appointments at once!

I'm freaking out Daisies but because I'm having a C-section. I was induced last time which was awful sorry to say but I'm terrified of the section. It's not so much the procedure it's the 6 weeks recovery afterwards, having to rely on people to help me do things, not being able to drive ect. :S

Off to work, starting to get harder now, long days are knackering me. Not long to go now though!

I am terrified of the birth. Terrified! I had a c section last time and really really dont want an emergency again this time. I am like you sarah and am so worried about the recovery afterwards. Not being able to drive and having 2 children at gome freaks me out!

My mum will hopefully have DD when i have the baby but i guess it all depends on timing and if its in the middle of the night!?!?!

28 weeks tomorrow!! Finally third trimester :) .

I've decided to try for vbac rather than elcs. Is anyone else in same position? Either way baby will arrive on 12th at the latest so it's not much longer to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->