January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

28 weeks today.
Scan done... measuring normal size head, long legs and weighs 2 pound 8 ounces.

Just had the sugar drink for the GTT and now a two hour wait...

Well that didn't go as planned....

I had my sugar drink at 10am and they asked me to wait in the corridor for two hours. The waiting room is being renovated so I sat out in the corridor as asked.
About 45mins into the wait I started to feel a bit off so I called my father In law and asked him to bring me a bottle of water. He works at the hospital which is handy.
He sat with me for a few mins and about an hour after the drink I said to him that I didn't feel well, my eyesight started to get blurry so we decided to head back in the ward to tell the nurse.

Well I didn't make it that far, the last thing I remember is taking about 2 or 3 steps then waking up on the floor with a bunch of people looking over me and giving me glucose to drink immediately.
I had fainted, first time for everything and I guess I was in the right place for it to happen.

Ive now spent the past 3+ hours hooked up to machines and seeing doctors, nurses. I hit my arm, head and back on my way down but thankfully I didn't land on my stomach.
Baby was hooked up to a machine to monitor any contractions incase of premature labour. All a bit of a scare.
I have just left now, baby seems fine but I have a badly bruised coccyx which is going to be painful for a good while I think!

I feel a bit emotional and awfully guilty that ive hurt her, cant seem to shake that feeling. Wondering if I should book a private scan later in the week for peace of mind or am I being silly?

Just a bit of a fright really. and the worst part, I couldn't do the 2nd part of the test so I have to go back on Thursday to do It all over again :( I really am not looking forward to it.

On another note, anyone noticed how crazy the sun is today? Its like orange / pink!

Oh my goodness that is scary. Nothing for you to feel guilty about.

Did they say what they thought caused it? If baby is fine probably wont need another scan but only you know how you really feel and i always say do whatevet you feel is right for you.

Hope the rest if the week picks up for you. X

Thanks Jessy. I have had quite a fright from it x

They said lack of food... just doesn't work well with some people. I had to fast from last night and wouldn't have been able to eat until 12pm as test was 10am.
I'm used to getting up in the morning, going for a swim and eating before 8am... just didn't work with my normal daily routine I guess.
Thursday appointment is 8.30am. I hope it goes much better!

That must have been frightening Londonkiwi ! Glad you are both OK.

Oh bless you that sounds awful :( please don't feel guilty, you could not have helped that happening. Some people really do just react badly to no food, especially if their routine is so established. I'm sure she is absolutely fine in there, our bodies are made of strong stuff, and baby has a nice amount of amniotic fluid as well as muscles and fat tissue to keep her protected :) as long as she sounded ok and she is moving as usual I would say that she is alright. I'm sorry this happened to you though, must have been so scary :( xxx

I know I shouldn't feel guilty but I do. Absolutely nothing I could've done to stop it from happening. Very frightening. I literally just hit the ground and don't remember anything.
I def need food in the mornings. God, I'm so not looking forward to going through this again on Thursday.
Ive been thinking tonight that they should've opened a temporary waiting room to keep an eye on everyone. Yes I know they were getting renovations but having pregnant woman fasting for 12+ hours and making them sit outside the ward in the corridor is just not safe.
However they were amazing after I fainted so I am grateful for that.

My coccyx is killing me!! going to be a painful sleep tonight.

Thanks for your kind words ladies x

Soph, do you have a scan tomorrow or am I making that up?

Wills, good luck for yours on Weds!

Oh London thats horrible so glad you had a familiar face with you! Must have been super scary for him! If you feel it happening again this time try alert someone without you needing to get up if you can...and I would probably tell them to stuff the test for a third attempt as that isn't a good sign to me! Then again hopefully this slightly earlier time will help.

I actually had my glucose tolerance test this morning too at 9.30am. Most boring two hours wait of my life! I felt fine all morning it wasn't until about 10.30 that I felt gross and unwell with the start of a headache. That gross drink just doesn't help at all! I now have two charming bruises on both arms for my efforts! Lol

The glucose test sounds horrible!!!

Londonkiwi have got 28 week midwife appointment today but well remembered lol. Scan on 31st! Hope you are feeling better today.

My SPD has been so much better since I've been on holiday! Think I'll get a shock going back to work.

Thanks for all your support ladies.
I feel much better today. My lower back is VERY sore, I am moving around quite slowly and its sore to sit down so I'm couch bound working from home kinda sitting on an angle trying to put little to no pressure on it.

Married - Glad to hear your GTT went a lot better than mine!! It doesn't make you feel the best does it? As my father in law works in the hospital he said that he will come sit with me on Thursday for the full two hours but I am going to insist that they keep me on the ward (not send me to the corridor this time!) and yes you're right... if I feel awful again I will get help sooner and I certainly wont be doing the test for a 3rd time. Don't even want to do it a 2nd time!!

For all you ladies still to take the GTT I hope I haven't put you off too much, but I would def recommend you asking if you can have it first thing in the morning, fasting at 28 weeks pregnant isn't ideal... I need food as soon as I begin to feel hungry.

Hope you're all having a good week!

aww London that sounds terrible! FX Thursday goes better for you and mine goes ahead on 31st Oct without incident!

I'm looking forward to my scan tomorrow but am then dreading tomorrow night as I still haven't packed for our holiday so I will have to do it tomorrow as we fly at 6am on Thursday morning!! Love holidays but hate packing lol

I didn't get glucose test last time so guessing (or hoping now) I won't this time. How do they decide whether to give it to you!?

Soph I believe its for a variety of reasons:
** Family history of diabetes
** High BMI
** Ethnic background
** If you had it the last time you were pregnant
So wish I didn't have to go through it again on Thurs. Positive thinking, I'm sure it will be fine this time!

Wills - Good luck with the scan tomorrow... and the packing! ;)

London that's so scary. I'm sure baby is totally fine, there's lots of padding between bubs and the outside world, and I hope you feel much less achey soon! Fingers crossed for a smoother re-test.

Hope you enjoy the scan tomorrow wills and enjoy your holiday! Packing really is awful, but it will all be worth it once you're there!

Ill come and pack for you wills! I love packing, its the unpacking when you get home i hate!

How are you feeling today london kiwi?

I was having a complete stress yesterday cause the trains were goosed abd although i dont work tuesdays i had a fear it would be the same today and i wouldnt get into work. Thankfully all was ok getting in today. I so cannot wait to be finished up work. Not for the working aspect purely the commute is horrible and likely to get worse as the weeks go on.

I'm still walking around like an 80-year old woman.
My back is so sore!
I'm trying to limit how much paracetamol I take but it def helps relive some of the pain.

Test attempt number 2 is tomorrow morning...

Wills - hope the scan went well!

Jessy - I hate when I'm working in London, the trains are always delayed and packed. I try and go before peak time just to avoid the crowds. I have a baby on board badge in my bag... I've never worn it but it's there if I was ever to Need it. The underground is vile during peak times so I imagine I'll have to get it out at some stage...

Hope tomorrow goes better londonkiwi!

Heartburn is just awful :( . I've been going through a bottle of Gaviscon every two nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->