January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

ah Sarah, I know what you mean with the tiredness...I'm literally sat at my desk yawning for most of the day lol but am looking forward to the fact it was 4 weeks yesterday until my finish date! That said, the lady covering my maternity leave is starting on Monday and I have to train her up so will have to try and reign in the yawns a bit and try and at least look professional!!!

Jessy - glad all went well :) Its a shame they don't actually tell you much though isn't it.

Yeah for 4 weeks to go. I have 5 but also have one more holiday i can take so so could finish on 7th so that will be 4 weeks and 2 days left of work.....or....14 more shifts!!! I cannot tell you how glad i will be to be finished with work.

I keep putting off buying the car seat and base thinking ill get it next month but i have the money there waiting so not sure why maybe its because i dont want to have nothing fun to wait for while i am on mat leave or having the space to store stuff but the car seat and base are both reduced at the moment so no idea why i dont just buy it

5 more for me too JessyG!! Starting to panic about money right enough.

Got my cancelled scan on Tue now and my 32 week midwife appointment the week after. Time is starting to go quickly.

I have a few friends who are 5 and 7 weeks and I'm so glad to be almost done. It's such a long journey!

I've still not bought a thing! Will definitely start at 32 weeks lol. We do have things leftover from DS.

We had our 3D scan today! Let me tell you, that was not an easy thing! She was being all kinds of awkward! The appointment was 20 minutes but he had us in there for an hour trying everything - dancing, shaking my butt, jumping, jogging ext to get her to shift. She eventually did and we got some really nice pictures. She looks just like my son did when he was born, scary how similar actually!

She is measuring good and is currently 2lb 7oz!!

Attachments

• SC_29.jpg
    SC_29.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 12
Wow such a good scan pic there Sarah! Gorgeous.

Hope everyone is well, such a nice day outside today definitely need to get out and do something instead of sitting in bed with my laptop working! I'm so busy at the moment, I find I'm working a bit on the weekends just to catch up.

My friends threw me a baby shower yesterday, the baby was totally spoilt and I got lots of nice things too. Felt very loved!

I have my 32 week scan this Friday and midwife next week too. Time is flying!

Omg 32 weeks already! I forget that you ladies are ahead of me sometimes! 28 weeks tommorrow for me, GTT 8:00am in the morning, then a full day at work, hopefully it goes ok!

Aww I'm glad that your baby shower was nice, did you get anything that you needed or was it all cute clothes and things?

It was really clear once we managed to get her to shift position. She either liked cuddling her face into my placenta, or holding her arms up to her head! She has gained some chunk too, she's 2lb 7oz now and I can believe it because she's really thudding around in there now!

Baby isn't thudding around as much as it did last week for me....i don't know why but a few kicks everyday the last 5 days and just trying to not be paranoid about it.

I'm 29 weeks on Tuesday and also money is yet gain panicking me.... :(

I hope the GTT goes well Sarah. My sore back is a constant reminder of that day 😩
You're measuring about the same as me... at my 28 week scan she weighed 2 pound 8 ounces. 32 week scan Friday, wonder how much she will weigh then! I feel like I'm popping quite a bit more now, looked in the mirror before and was surprised.

I got some lovely bits from the baby shower. The standard baby gifts of gorgeous clothes but my friends were also very generous and I received a few nice bits for myself too. Very spoilt!

Married I'm sure that she's fine in there but I totally relate... when I don't feel her I always wonder. Mine wee one is very active at night and very rarely moves during the day so I'm quite used to that pattern now. Do you have another appointment soon?

My girl is the same London, she's very active in the night, as soon as I lay down in bed she's off but I rarely feel her during the day. I've been told it's because I have such an active job that I rock her to sleep during the day and then nighttime she comes alive haha! I wonder if it's like that for you too married?

If your worried however, please don't hesitate to contact the midwives. They truly are brilliant with you x

I'm getting a bit panicky now about my maternity allowance. Work should have sent back my MAT B1 by now and the form to claim maternity allowance but it's not here yet. Really need them to hurry up with that.

GTT drink downed, yuck. Now to wait. Gets me out of work lol

Good luck with GTT Sarahcake!

I'm also feeling baby doesn't move so much during the day but is very lively at night. Hate this stage and constantly worry something will go wrong in there.

Can't wait to see what baby weighs tomorrow. 31 weeks so I'm thinking 3 pounds by then but maybe not.

I would say that 3lb is a good estimate at 31 weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if baby weighed a bit more. So exciting! But yeah your right it is just constant worry isn't it. I'll be glad when this is all over now to be honest.

Sarah my work took TWO MONTHS to get my Matb1 form back even though it says 7 days in the policy.
Posted it all off last week.

I'm constantly on the move all day so find he is more active at night when I've laid down and am no longer "rocking" him to sleep.

Sarah - just To add... I've just had a confirmation text saying they have received my application and a decision can take up to 24 working days. Not to contact them, they will be in touch.

I would have your form & supporting evidence ready to send in so as soon as you get you're MATB1 form you can Put it in the post.

That's a really good idea actually, thank you. It's a certain amount of payslips they need isn't it? I'll get a whole load of them downloaded and printed off tommorrow then in that case, ready and waiting.

Yep! Think I had to provide 4 monthly payslips over the qualifying period.
The original MATB1 form
And I think it's called an SMP1 form... the form back from HR saying why they can't pay you stat maternity pay.
Then filled in the forms, signed and posted :)

Soph all the best for your scan tomorrow!

I didn't realise it was so complicated with the matb1 form. I only handed mine in last week as my midwife didn't even check I needed one the they made it impossible for me to get it. Mine also said 7 days I hope it doesn't take longer! Also it's a bit strange that they want payslips??? I didnt know that. I just switched to salary contract so got a £2k pay rise....i wonder if it affects what I get for my 6 weeks full pay??? Hmmm!

29 weeks today! Baby hasn't moved drastically the last week after acrobatics the start of last week. But it did do a short encore for the first time yesterday. I'm hoping it's just learning over the next few weeks and building more strength to keep it up! It's always a worry wondering why it doesn't kick as ferociously everyday :)

Hi Married,

We might've confused you - apologies :)
Sarah and I are referring to Maternity Allowance not Stat Mat Pay.
We have both started new jobs so don't qualify for Stat, only the Allowance.
So you probably don't need to do much, your HR Should sort it out for you I imagine??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->