January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

You're due the day after me Soph :)
What does your husband do? Be lovely if you get to spend the whole month with him with a new baby. Hope it all works out time wise.

Jessy - Jealous your tree is up! I love Christmas!! I went to the local butcher today and I could see lots of people bringing trees home, getting them out of the garage etc. I have to wait till after Adam's birthday so might put it up next Sunday evening.

Post a tree pic and I can live my life through you for the next week :)

He works offshore doing wind farm installations. At least I know I won't go past about the 12th before they do section so he won't miss too much.

We've had scans almost exactly the same days too Londonkiwi I think!

Is anyone starting to get nervous about the birth? I wasn't until right now when I thought about another c section lol. I know it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I'm still nervous about another one. At least ive never laboured before so I'm not as scared about that!! Although I know I probably should be...

You must miss not having him around all the time...

Yes we have had matching dates haven't we! :)

I am so intrigued by labour, I am looking forward to seeing what it feels like... I'm sure ill regret saying that!! haha

Evening all!
Been the most stressful weekend ever and I wasn't even at work!

Today was the baby shower and it was lovely! Ever so grateful for all the gifts. Planning on taking photos of them all tomorrow so I can remember who got what. Then I need to try find a home for it all! I think hubby needs to put some shelves up in the baby room soon.we don't have a wardrobe just a chest of three drawers and some pretty boxes and baskets. So either need a wardrobe or come up with another storage solution??? Hmmm!

Finally the living room is back to pre baby shower life and I feel a lot calmer about my two weeks off now! Got some washing up to do tomorrow and Christmas shopping online....I should go to sleep but I cant! Mum life is on my mind and so I'm freaking out a bit about it which is silly! It's all suddenly getting very scary to think about the baby growing up.....Oh My! It also didn't help that the house was left in a tip when everyone left and no one offered to clean up. Lovely husband came and we turned it into a 2 hour job instead of 4!

Same here soph 6 more shifts but its still technically 2 weeks. Is anyone else terrified of slipping on the ice. I am and its making me freak out getting to work for the next two weeks!

Today is your last day Sarah! Woohoo i am well jel :haha:

London i eill try post a pic but i have no idea how to do it so may be a disaster.

My DD has gymnastics today then she has a visit to her new nursery (is starting school nursery when i go on mat leave in January) so busy afternoon.

Who has already or is planning when to buy and pack their bag? I went out today to buy my toiletry bits aside from the maternity briefs which are way too small at a size 16! That was annoying and now I can't return them as I opened one to try on! They're crud...perhaps I need to buy some big knickers I can throw away! I wasn't impressed with that.

I wanted to see when you all start your washing too...I'm tempted to do it this week (32 weeks) purely because I have some time off work now and don't want to rush and do it when I'm 37 weeks! With Christmas the week before it feels like thing will be too hectic and busy and leaving it to 37 weeks is a bit risky and could instill panic in me lol.

So, how are bag packing and baby clothing washing working for everyone????

Just did a massive clean and I’m exhausted!! Well needed hot bath now. I’m obsessed with the smell of cleaning products and soaps just now. Love the smell of bleach!

I have started washing things already marriedlaydee! I think I started about 32 weeks. So far I’ve just done the sheets for Moses basket and a few blankets. I haven’t thought about a hospital bag yet! I don’t think you are too early to start and no harm having it ready.

Soph i currently have all the white and light greys in the wash nervously waiting for them to come out soft dry and no running colours ha! Blankets I'll do tomorrow then all the colours. I thought about it for a while and realised that if I don't do it while I'm off now it means waiting until 37 weeks when it's a bit late. Also I'm struggling already to bend and lift just clothes! In 5 weeks I can't imagine what use I am to anyone! :) thanks for the input I just didn't wanna be crazy lady starting something too soon!

I decided over the weekend that I should start washing a few bits... i'll just do it bit by bit. I did the sheets for moses basket in the weekend and will prob do all the baby grows this week.
I feel like I have so much time (34 weeks today) but I know that its going to fly by.
As for bits for me.... I think as I think of things ill probably put bits to the side for my bag.
We go away to the Christmas Markets this weekend then will need to look at putting the Isofix car seat base in the car after we are back.

I am so busy at work this week so now I think I shall start the countdown to finishing, give me something to look forward to! 14 more days after today :)

1 hour and 15 minutes left! I'm actually getting a bit teary about leaving work. It's getting physically harder for me but I have truly found the most amazing set of people in my new work colleagues. My day has been full of people giving me hugs, finding people on Facebook to keep in contact and just fighting back tears to be honest! I love my job and I love the people I work with so leaving it is pretty hard for me.

Glad everyone is doing well :) ive read through but can't reply properly as I'm due back off break but glad you enjoyed your babyshower married :)

As for washing, I'll probably be starting mine next week at 32 weeks as bending to get to the washing machine is getting harder and harder 😂😂

Haha feel your pain Sarah!!! I can't get back up if i sit in front of the machine I may have to do today's load when husband gets home so that I have a hoist to get me up!!! :haha:

Hope you enjoyed your last day!!! Can't believe I still have 5 weeks to go

5 weeks is so long! I admire you for being able to stick it out for that time though, I wish I could but it's so physically demanding and I just don't have anything left in me lol

Haha yeah wait til he gets home! Don't risk getting stuck on the floor 😂😂

I worked until 36 weeks with my DD and it was horrible. I work in an office so you'd think it would be ok but it was a 4 storey townhouse with all the files in the basement 3 floors below me and even the toilet was 2 floors away from me. I hated it. This time i am still in an office but a more purpose built one so its fine from that perspective but the commute is a bitch and i cant do it much longer. 2 more weeks thankfully if i can manage.

You are doing so well to carry on for another 5 weeks i just want to be cuddled up at home over December/January.

Got the car seat arriving today. Still havent ordered the blinking clips or steriliser!

God Jessy, your last work place sounds awful. Glad to hear you're in a much better environment for baby 2.

I will be just shy of 37 weeks when I finish (36 + 4) but I work from home a lot so that helps. I have to go to our head office in the midlands one more time next week then should be in / around London sites for the remainder of the time.

Our work Christmas party is on the 13th Dec (i'll be 36 +2) and is either a 3 1/2 hour drive or train away and my work are seriously put out that I'm not going! The thing is, most of my team are field based so could come closer to London/Kent but nope, they have chosen the East Midlands and expect an 8 month pregnant woman to travel there and then be around a bunch of drunk people. Yes definitely sign me up.... haha

I have so much respect for anyone who can keep going to 37/38/39 weeks!!! Plus anyone with a long commute that must be hell.

I’m only 34 today and it’s been awful. Was sick as soon as I got into work and then had to run out of a class to be sick again later. Can’t wsit to get home and into pjs. Will definitely have a bath too! I could live in baths these days.

Bump 34 weeks!! Think baby has finally dropped slightly. Very uncomfortable today.

Attachments

• F24C070C-0A59-4CBB-86BA-78CA0255B428.jpg
    F24C070C-0A59-4CBB-86BA-78CA0255B428.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 7
wow ladies look at you lot. You all seem so organised!! I've written a list for my hospital bag but that's as far as I've got...only ordered my pram about 10 days ago :haha: will definitely have to pull my finger out a bit when I finish work though.

Married and London - glad you both had lovely baby showers.
Sarah - jealous you've finished work but thankfully ive only got 3 x 9-5 days left and then I'm done until January 2019!

Reading everyone's plans is now making me think maybe I should have left at 35 weeks after all! I thought I'd be bored with these two weeks off I'm on at the moment but yesterday I was shattered after Xmas shopping and some baby bits. All the washing still isn't done but the coloured items go in the wash tomorrow! Then I'm gonna pop out for the paint tomorrow and hubby shall start on that this weekend. Bought some shelves today for the last bits that will look pretty and practical and some hooks too to keep the hooded towels and some muslins hung up in easy reach! I've been a massive fan of Pinterest lately there are some great ideas that look so pretty but make life a bit more practical too!

It's so nice to get the room sorted this week!!! I'm glad it'll all be done before I do my last three week stint at work because I guess I can at least look forward to doing nothing but Netflix! :haha:

I’m envious of everyone finishing work soon, my last day is 20 December when I’ll be 37 + 4. Although I only do 3 days a week so only 9 more working days. Wish I was finishing sooner but it all worked out nice with my holidays to finish then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->