January 2018 babies - 43 BFPs!

I rang vospers to find out and apparently none of the fiestas besides the brand spanking new models have isofix! The focus however, different story they all have it as standard.

Still waiting to see what can be done. I thought my other half would go mad to be honest but he's calmer than me! We can sell it second hand on gumtree or local sites I guess. eBay is no good as the postage on such a heavy item will be really high.

That's normal down here to see the anaesthetist too. It's a group session just going over what options are available to you and what would happen should your labour result in emergency csection. I was booked in for an appointment for 34 weeks but it's not necessary as I'm having a C-section anyway.

When is your c section scheduled for Soph. Wills thats pretty bad they called you back in but hopefully you dont have to be in for long.

I havent seen a midwife since 2nd November and dont see another until 18th December. Crazy how little care you get here in scotland with your 2nd.

I am in work after today only 1.5 more days until i finish for a minimum of 10 months! Woohoo!

Sorry that should have read Sarah not soph. I know you are planning a vbac! My head is up my arse!

Pregnancy will do that to you 😂 I don't get told until I'm 38 weeks annoyingly so 6 weeks left before I find that out! Gutted! Haha!

Over a month between midwife appointments is insane. If you felt like you needed to see them, are you able to ring up and arrange your own appointment though? Can't believe the gap is that long!

Yeah i had my check up at 28+1 and then you see them again according to the booklet at 34 weeks but since they only hold clinics on a monday i am almost 35 weeks. If i had issues i could call the community midwives and go up to triage so its good that i havent felt the need although little lad had a quiet day the other day and i almost did call them.

Itll be before you are due though right. I know if i wanted a c section (which i havent ruled out completely) theyd do it at 38 ish weeks since i went into labour with my DD at 39 weeks exactly.

They do it in the 39th week so it could be the day before my due date so not excitingly early. They told me they would induce me early with my son, was expecting 38 weeks, nope, 39+5 lol so I'm not holding out much hope that it will be much before that this time haha

Kiwi that's a good tip....yea my consultant arranged it too I even got a letter in the post confirming she requested it!

Thanks...I'm wondering how important it is. Havent chased it because it's one more thing on the list I don't need right now lol

Married, the appointment was quite quick... he went through pain relief options with me and said if It was him he would opt for the epidural option, esp after fainting during the GTT and buggering up my back.
But I'm open minded.... whatever happens on the day! (i'll prob be begging for the epidural haha). he gave me a bunch of things to read up on and wished me luck. I'm not sure whether or not its absolutely compulsory to go... I doubt i'll ever see the man again in my life and everything he told me the midwife went through today and is online anyway!

Kiwi I had a feeling it would be something like that! I'm keen to not do the epidural because I get a bad back quite often and worry I'll cause myself problems down the line so fingers crossed I can manage pain in a different way! Could be worth me going to find out other options so I will do some chasing of that appointment tomorrow!

Thanks for filling me in! <3

Woohoo last day tomorrow !!!!! And school is closed for the kids tomorrow (bad weather) so I will have peace to sort my life out lol.

Yeah although I&#8217;m trying for vbac they are doing section anyway on 9th or 10th (will be confirmed about 38 week) so they aren&#8217;t giving me much longer than the elective date would have been.

Yes it will be worth you going then so they can run through all of your options :)

Tomorrow night we have our labour workshop at the hospital - the one and only somewhat ante natal class my husband will attend haha. Seems like I have a bunch of baby related appointments all in one go!

Midwife today was fine... heard baby, she's pottering around in there calmly, head is down. Next midwife appointment is 28th Dec then another one on 3rd Jan. She made it very clear to me which number to call when I go into labour just incase it happens before then.

It really is going by quickly now ladies!

Eek this is all so exciting now! First Tri dragged at a snails pace, second seemed to start slow but end fast and 3rd Tri so far is blink and miss it!! I'm so jealous of you ladies all being ahead of me haha!

Soph, good luck for your last day! Enjoy it :)

Aww Sarah it will also fly by for you. Knowing my luck ill go ten days over!* Although baby is moving like mad tonight, feel like she wants out!

It really is flying by now, I’ve always said Christmas is the final hurdle to the baby coming and that is less than 3 weeks away, crazy!

Sarah, when we had ds we had a 2009 plate focus that didn’t already have isofix fitted. Apparently at that time it was offered as a free upgrade, so if people asked for it on a new car then they fitted it before the new car was collected, but if it wasn’t asked for they didn’t. However it can be fitted afterwards. We got a kit off amazon for less than £20 and my husband fitted it. It was just a case of screwing the bracket onto the car. Wasn’t difficult as such, just fiddly but can definitely be done and is exactly the same as how it would be fitted at a garage.

Enjoy your last day Soph <3

It's rage central in my house this morning. Fiance was supposed to be away to an IT course - a very expensive one at that starting today and coming home Sunday. He's had a call today to say where are you? Turns out it started last night. It's a 4-5 hour drive away so it's not like he can just... Appear there.

He had an email with the header stating course commencing 7th December but inside it - which he didn't get a chance to read it said the 6th. His course facilitators came and met with him a few days ago and told him the 7th and his online portfolio notification also says the 7th.

Despite this, he's just headed into work after being told he's going to face a disciplinary for that and will be seated with the bill for the course which is in excess of £1000. Merry Christmas &#128557;&#128557;

Sorry, bit of a rant but I needed to get that out of my system. Part of me wants to yell at him for not checking the email, but I also know he's an onsite engineer that doesn't have time for lunch 9 times out of 10 let alone time to read an email out of the 100s he gets a day. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Annnd relax a bit &#128514;

He's been told he has to get to his course by 3pm or he has to pay £2.5k for it. So he's currently driving to get there. Sat nav says he will get there at 2:30. Ugh. Fun times eh!

Oh god, I hope he makes it on time... £2.5K not exactly what you need at this time of the year!!

So far so good. He's insisted on ringing me on his journey so far... I'm falling asleep... Lol not what either of us needed this morning!

aww Sarah that sucks, fingers crossed he gets there with time to spare! Just note though that many companies say they charge for missed courses ( my own employer included) but unless there is something in his contract saying the charges will be passed on it should be the company who would pay them...if that makes sense! That's why in work my department (accounts) always book the courses and deal with HR and stuff...

As for work yesterday I was only in for 2 hours to do payroll so wasn't so bad! The person they've hired to cover me isn't doing too well though so think they may be re-advertising it...I def wont be going back to do any training lol

I'm now currently trying to sort out my mess of a house! We knocked through a 3ft wall and added a dormer to create an upstairs bathroom and bedroom in an unused part of the house and have been doing it since end of October. The bathroom is now complete after the electricians and plumber came yesterday and we are in the final stages with the spare room as its literally the walls to be painted and carpet to be fitted next Friday and we're done. The worst part is whilst upstairs is looking lovely all the Latham plaster (sp?) has created a hell of a lot of dust downstairs where it came through the floorboards :-( I've told my hubby rather than exhaust myself (which doesn't take much lately) I'm just gonna to 1 room a day until its all sorted. I'm on the first room and have another 4 to go....wish me luck and willpower to do it all lol xx

Oh Sarah that's horrifying!!! It's a bit of a man thing to not read every detail though...when it comes to trips away I read and re-read the details to make sure I know where I'm going and what time as I'm sure you would have too! So it's a real shame it wasn't also verbally communicated because I've seen mistake before such as wrong hotel name etc. Hope he gets there in time I'd be super grumpy if I were him as it's not nice being unprepared and threatened that massive bill! Give him a big hug when he's back home!!!

He got there on time thank god :) he's in a far better mood now, as am I that I don't have that bill to look forward to lol apparently it is in his contract that the fees would be passed on to him.

The course providers have taken into account however that in all but the content of the email it says today and not yesterday so have apologised :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->