January Babies?

Post your due dates and if you have your first scan post that too. Also what made you test or think you were pregnant?

Im due Jan 14th and I get my first scan May 21st. I tested because I was going to start EPO and wanted to be sure and thank god i did

New Year's Baby expected! I knew when I ovulated so I tested day OF missed period!

Congrats to all the new BFPs :D hope we all have a happy and healthy 9 months :D yesterday I had the blood test I needed to see if I'm immune to slap cheek won't get the results for at least 14 days it may only be 2 weeks but it feels like a life time :S I see my doctor on Tusday so will have pregnancy confined then and if he dose what he did last time he will confirm it by blood test and u/s so may get to see my little bubble (what we are calling bub #2 ATM) by the end of next week :) so excited hehe

So yesterday I was chowing down on a sandwich as a restaurant and realized I was eating lunch meat. Doh! I am not alarmist in the least and I personally believe everything in moderation but I admit, I did feel a little guilty after I ate it.

However, my MIL and SIL, both nurses (one in a Pediatric ICU), say that lunch meat in moderation is really not that big of a concern. Listeria is uncommon and you have a lot more chance of getting it from raw milk and cheeses.

I feel like we're supposed to put ourselves in a bubble. I have not given up all caffeine and inadvertently ate an Italian sandwich. I feel the judgement police glaring at me.

What kinds of things have you heard are bad for pregnant women? What are you eating/drinking in moderation anyway?

I can now joint this thread I got my :bfp: last weekend and I should be due around the 19th jan!!

So yesterday I was chowing down on a sandwich as a restaurant and realized I was eating lunch meat. Doh! I am not alarmist in the least and I personally believe everything in moderation but I admit, I did feel a little guilty after I ate it.

However, my MIL and SIL, both nurses (one in a Pediatric ICU), say that lunch meat in moderation is really not that big of a concern. Listeria is uncommon and you have a lot more chance of getting it from raw milk and cheeses.

I feel like we're supposed to put ourselves in a bubble. I have not given up all caffeine and inadvertently ate an Italian sandwich. I feel the judgement police glaring at me.

What kinds of things have you heard are bad for pregnant women? What are you eating/drinking in moderation anyway?

Well, I've been trying to avoid: hot spicy food, caffeine -cokes, coffee and some tea-, mint, sushi, mexican cheese or non pasteurized cheese, beet, and anything that will make me gassy, because that has been an issue now... I'm sure there is a lot more, but the list keeps growing. Hahaha. I've been eating ham and cheese sandwiches though, didn't know :wacko:

Oh!! And we usually keep away from High Fructose Corn Syrup -i'm very use to real sugar-, but now it's a no no from hubby. And MSG (Monosodium Glutamate)... or any meat preserved to last in just a bag...

I Found out On 12th Of May :) Im Also Due 19th January :D x

I'd say don't be too concerned... The chances of getting listeria is less likely than most other things you may come in contact with. I've been having a ham & cheese sandwich occasionally - typically they want u to reheat the meat before u eat it.
As for sushi, just stick to the rolls with no raw meats. Or chicken teriyaki....
Years ago they didnt even change much of anything or not have the things they say now... I think chances are pretty rare! Just moderation to be safest.
Seriously, don't worry about it - if you catch yourself doing something wrong it's doubtful that would be the cause of any issues.

Hi ladies! I'm new to the site! Just got my BFP this morning! This will be my first pregnancy. I will be 4 weeks on Monday! We are wry excited! Looks like I'm due around January 28, 2013!

Hi ladies! I'm new to the site! Just got my BFP this morning! This will be my first pregnancy. I will be 4 weeks on Monday! We are wry excited! Looks like I'm due around January 28, 2013!

Sorry I meant " we are really excited"

Sorry I meant " we are really excited"

Congratulations and welcome to the group! Getting into January 2013 under the gun! This is an awesome group with some really down-to-earth ladies. We're nearly all a couple of weeks ahead of you so PLEASE pick our brains! :)

Oh!! And we usually keep away from High Fructose Corn Syrup -i'm very use to real sugar-, but now it's a no no from hubby. And MSG (Monosodium Glutamate)... or any meat preserved to last in just a bag...

My hubby won't let me eat anything sweet, even though I'm quite the sweet tooth. :nope:
He means well tho :thumbup:

wow girls, I just need to tell you this..
This night - not sure whether I dreamed it or not - I felt like another heart beat was starting. I probably dreamed it, since there isn't really any chance of feeling the baby's heart beat beginning, yea?
But anyway, just now I checked on countdowntopregnancy and it states that the baby's first heart beat is.... TODAY!

:kiss:

TheEternal-eek maybe you're very in tune with your body :)

I was eating ham, didn't realise you shouldn't. Going to my info session today on what foods to avoid.

Hi guys

I only just found this post! I had my bfp on 8th May! My Edd is 12th Jan woohoo!

I tested because I have been trying for a number of years and it was the first month I had lots of discharge.

Thanks

What sort of symptoms are you all getting at the moment?

I'm not getting any and I'm worried :nope:

Im Peeing Alot , Boobs Are Sore, Slight Nausea AT Times , Mild back ache & Tummy cramps ... Im 5 weeks 1 day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->