January Babies?

Doctor appointment went really good. Heard baby hb even though it took a while to find because baby likes to play hide n go seek and I got a prescription for my nausea

Im bad, i told everyone already. I didnt really have a choice, people started asking questions and i broke under pressure! You guys all have your first ultrasounds really late! With my DD i had one at 5 weeks, and with this little one i had it at 9 wks (although it was supposed to be 8 weeks i just measured ahead) I have another ultrasound at 12 weeks. I still havnt had an opportunity to hear the heartbeat. Ive been told the heartbeat is around 170 but i havnt heard it :(.

Im 9 weeks and i am not showing yet at all either! I havnt gained an ounce! Its wierd! With my DD , people didnt start asking if i was pregnant until about 6 months. I hope its like that this time around! Im trying to stay more active this pregnancy and i work out everyday for about 1/2 hr to and hour, but its soo hard with being soo exhausted!

Welcome everyone!

Twins! Soo exciting!

Had my 11 week appointment today!!! Baby is great. I panicked a little when the doctor couldn't find heartbeat with the doppler. He used the ultrasound and it turns out little bean was somersaulting and jumping around so much the doppler couldn't pick baby up! I could easily tell head from bottom and even saw moving arms and legs.

That is probably the last ultrasound I will have until 20 weeks, as I have now had a transvaginal and brief abdominal.

We are waiting until at least 12 weeks to tell, because we dont get our first scan until then. Im terrified to tell people incase the scan shows nothing, and we'd have to go around un-telling people. That would be horrible. Unfortunately my in-laws are coming to stay next week, before we've had the scan, and we are going to have to tell them so they dont think i've turned into looney since we last saw them....but i feel weird about telling them - sort of premature. Just hope they can keep it to themselves.

We are waiting until at least 12 weeks to tell, because we dont get our first scan until then. Im terrified to tell people incase the scan shows nothing, and we'd have to go around un-telling people. That would be horrible. Unfortunately my in-laws are coming to stay next week, before we've had the scan, and we are going to have to tell them so they dont think i've turned into looney since we last saw them....but i feel weird about telling them - sort of premature. Just hope they can keep it to themselves.

We told both sets of parent at 4-5 weeks. Wanted the support net in case....

We will be telling people after our scan tomorrow afternoon some family know and i have just had my sisters mate ask me over messages on Facebook if i am so kinda glad we will be telling people tomorrow as long as all is ok with Tummy Bug.

Are you lovely ladies planning on breast feeding or formula feeding??? i am sort of debating i would really like to try and breast feed this time as i didn't with my son but at the same time i don't think i would feel comfortable doing so in public :S

I plan on breast feeding since it help knock off this pregnancy weight faster and before I go into public I'm going to pump some into bottles. Round 4 months i plan to switch baba to formula

:) thats an idea to get around my fear breast feeding in public as i dont want people to accidentally see my boobies lol

:) thats an idea to get around my fear breast feeding in public as i dont want people to accidentally see my boobies lol

Hahaha! I felt like that last time around, but you quickly become good at doing it so no one notices. I'd always opt for the seat facing a wall if we were out for a drink or a meal & tended to carry a big lightweight scarf or muslin to drape over my shoulder & the baby if I was feeling self conscious. I also had a sling for the baby, so it could lie in that & feed & no one could tell. The sling was great, meant I could go out for lunch with friends & baby ate while I did & didn't make any fuss! might sound weird, but it was a life saver!

I'm going to breast feed again this time, but maybe not for quite so long at DS didn't sleep through until I stopped breast feeding at 13 months... I got pretty tired! xxx

I plan on breast feeding since it help knock off this pregnancy weight faster and before I go into public I'm going to pump some into bottles. Round 4 months i plan to switch baba to formula

... And it really does help shift the weight! Though mine suddenly dropped of after around 5-6 months of feeding. I actually became slimmer than pre-pregnancy! x

Hahaha! I felt like that last time around, but you quickly become good at doing it so no one notices. I'd always opt for the seat facing a wall if we were out for a drink or a meal & tended to carry a big lightweight scarf or muslin to drape over my shoulder & the baby if I was feeling self conscious. I also had a sling for the baby, so it could lie in that & feed & no one could tell. The sling was great, meant I could go out for lunch with friends & baby ate while I did & didn't make any fuss! might sound weird, but it was a life saver!

I'm going to breast feed again this time, but maybe not for quite so long at DS didn't sleep through until I stopped breast feeding at 13 months... I got pretty tired! xxx

the not sleeping through is what will kill me as my son has slept all night since about one month old :sleep:

Aw... I do know some people with breast fed babies that slept through from 6 weeks or so. I know more that didn't though. I would say give it a go & you can always switch to the bottle of you want. Even if you just manage it for a little while there are benefits to both you & the baby.

I'm not preaching though! I know people get fed up of people harping on about breast feeding & I don't have a problem with people choosing to bottle feed x

I'm hoping to breastfeed but i know it might be a mega challange with twinnies. I have already said if i can't produce enough to express then i will probably switch to formula because i want OH to be able to bond while feeding them and i also don't really like the thought that i would be solely responsible for feeding as in id be up all night and day :( xxx

I'm going to try and breast feed, but someone once said the worst thing you can do is to fixate on and idea and I think thats really good advice. I'm going to try and if he or she doesn't take to it or its difficult then I'll switch and I wont stress about it. I know a couple of people that got really upset when baby didn't take to boob, and i think theres just so much going on that it's the last thing you need. That said, it may be easier said than done! :)

I'm still breastfeeding my son (14 mths) while I'm preggers and have been concerned with how he will deal with the new baby having his "nee nees". I haven't had a full nights sleep in ages and I guess I won't for a couple more years....:wacko:

One thing that gets me now is that everyone in my house is sleeping right now and I can't sleep because my husband snores. He doesn't even snore that badly but I am so sensitive to noise now that I am pregnant. Its really weird. I have even resorted to wearing earplugs at night but they are uncomfortable.

I'm still breastfeeding my son (14 mths) while I'm preggers and have been concerned with how he will deal with the new baby having his "nee nees". I haven't had a full nights sleep in ages and I guess I won't for a couple more years....:wacko:

One thing that gets me now is that everyone in my house is sleeping right now and I can't sleep because my husband snores. He doesn't even snore that badly but I am so sensitive to noise now that I am pregnant. Its really weird. I have even resorted to wearing earplugs at night but they are uncomfortable.

I know a couple of people who were breastfeeding while pregnant & their children went off the milk as it started to change in preparation for a newborn. They actually self weaned. Not saying it happens for everyone, but it might not be an issue.

LOL to no sleep (although I am sorry). My friends mum has 4 kids & said she didn't sleep through for 7 years! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->