January Babies?

I hate when someone who knows I'm pregnant fuckin smokes around me!

Unknowingly smoking around a pregnant woman is forgivable. Knowingly smoking!?! What a douche.

Wow vtmargaret, you already found out the sex! Thats soo early! Congrats and welcome!

Unknowingly smoking around a pregnant woman is forgivable. Knowingly smoking!?! What a douche.

Exactly. I find that extremely rude when folks do it and they know it. I care about my child's health.

If they know about the pregnancy I would just tell them you want to keep clear of cigarette smoke. I think there are a lot of people (especially those who haven't had children) who wouldn't think about it or realise that it's an issue.

I got mad with OH as he wanted me to sit outside a bar & watch a football match with all his friends who didn't know about the pregnancy smoking around us (also with our 1year old). He was like "we're outside under a canopy, I'm sure you're not gonna inhale much". I wasn't happy though, so took DS to the park. They're his children & even he didn't seem to get it until I put my foot down!

I hate that people do it, but I think a lot of people need to be told that it's not OK x

I think one guy was trying to smoke to annoy me. My friend kept loudly coughing, so he kept lighting up and probably smoked five cigarettes that last half an hour.

I think one guy was trying to smoke to annoy me. My friend kept loudly coughing, so he kept lighting up and probably smoked five cigarettes that last half an hour.

OK... He sounds like an idiot!

Due January the 1st and testest on 25th of april as i was going out that night and i always test before drinking to be safe and was positive had my first scan but cant post picture as i dunno how could anyway else due near me message me please :) xx

He certainly was Blossom, and its frusturating that smoke is particularly dangerous the first trimester, but you can't say anything yet.

I wasn't so bad with MS but wih the last two heat waves I've had trouble keeping hydrated. Does anyone know at what point you should go to the hospital while pregnant if you feel you're dehydrated?

Fingers, are you having trouble keeping water down, or are you just not drinking enough? If your not drinking enough try to carry a water bottle with you and fill it regularly so you know your staying hydrated. If you start feeling dizzy or sick from the dehydration, I would say go to the doctor.

I introduced myself and then dropped off the face of the planet. lol. we just got power back after being out for 26hrs in triple digit temps!! I was totally dying, and felt terrible seeing ds get so hot and sweaty. We live in VA and had some crazy weather on friday. Lost some food out of the fridge, but other than that we made it through. So glad it's over!

I introduced myself and then dropped off the face of the planet. lol. we just got power back after being out for 26hrs in triple digit temps!! I was totally dying, and felt terrible seeing ds get so hot and sweaty. We live in VA and had some crazy weather on friday. Lost some food out of the fridge, but other than that we made it through. So glad it's over!

I just saw it on the news - it looked scary. Glad you're ok x

Glad your ok :) bet it would of been rather scary :S

It really bugs the shit out of me when people think they know shit based off what they see. Because of a "thread" I posted someone got the idea that my child would grow up in a bad living situation. It hurt my feelings because I never talk about anyone's child in a bad way. I never try to disrespect anyone here. I do not live in a ghetto just around dumb young people who will never grow up. But to say "What a lucky child you will have" has crossed the line with me. I work my ass off just about everyday to make sure my I will have a new home by the time my baby gets here. I work to make sure my child will have things I didn't have. I do not want any of you ladies to assume something just to based off something I posted without asking me what's really going on. I love bnb and the ladies here are always helpful, but I will never judge nobody.

Sorry for the rant ladies, just a bit upset..

It really bugs the shit out of me when people think they know shit based off what they see. Because of a "thread" I posted someone got the idea that my child would grow up in a bad living situation. It hurt my feelings because I never talk about anyone's child in a bad way. I never try to disrespect anyone here. I do not live in a ghetto just around dumb young people who will never grow up. But to say "What a lucky child you will have" has crossed the line with me. I work my ass off just about everyday to make sure my I will have a new home by the time my baby gets here. I work to make sure my child will have things I didn't have. I do not want any of you ladies to assume something just to based off something I posted without asking me what's really going on. I love bnb and the ladies here are always helpful, but I will never judge nobody.

Sorry for the rant ladies, just a bit upset..

I know its frustrating just try and pass it off like you would advice you don't think applies to you i got hell with my first pregnancy and told i would be a bad mum/mom and everything all because i decided i did not want to breast feed my first child i had huge personal reasons for not wanting to you will be a fantastic mum/mom know matter what it is your child to bring up how you wish :hugs::hugs:
On another note could you please update my due date on the first page when you get a chance :) it has moved from the 9th to the 16th :D

AFM me and my Little man both had a nice long afternoon nap today after lunch :D i was so tired and just could not keep my eyes open :S i am also a bit disappointed with my employer as i am only on call now because pregnancy for me comes with bad migraines most days so i cant always work and the only time they have called me since i stopped going on the roster was to ask me to do a kids party i was like ahh what?? you want me who is not on the roster because of migraines to come in for 3 hours to do a party for a room full of screaming kids im sorry but i will be on the floor crying within 5 min :S but i told them i would be happy to do something in store while someone else done the party if they like and that was fine then they never called me back to confirm for Thursday and tried to tell me i had agreed to do it on the Saturday when they know i am unavailable every Saturday due to a family commitment :shrug: maybe im just hormonal and all of this is nothing lol

Hunni - Don't let it get to you! I don't really know your situation, but I know that there are good & bad mothers in all walks of life & it sounds like you will do great by them. I've been very lucky with my upbringing - we were quite poor when I was little (& my mum was from a really bad estate) but my parents worked hard & although we never had loads of toys or new clothes, I felt safe with them, had loads of fun, did well at school & wouldn't change anything! You'll do great!

MissMummy - So sorry your employer is being so s**t. I really don't know why so many of them act as though women get pregnant just to piss them off! I don't know much about employment law where you are are, but I'm assuming pregnant women are a protected group, so it wouldn't hurt to do some research about your rights. In the UK employers have to do a risk assessment for each pregnant woman which would look at any aspects of the job you shouldn't be required to do while pregnant (like noisy parties while suffering with migraine!). I really hope it's just a one off, but they do sound like they're discriminating against you. Hope it improves! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->