January Babies?

I called my doctor to ask about my blood work and they said everything thing came back well except for my iron levels. Does this mean that my hcg levels are where they need to be?

I called my doctor to ask about my blood work and they said everything thing came back well except for my iron levels. Does this mean that my hcg levels are where they need to be?

That sounds like its all fine including hcg, except for maybe a little anaemia (low iron levels). :thumbup:

I have my first scan in two weeks :happydance: at 7 weeks pregnant so they can see how baba is doing. Then another at 9, again at 12, 16, 20, 25, 30 and 35 lol. Lots of baby pics :happydance:

I am starting to feel so positive and hopeful. My first scan is on the 21st I'm so excited

I too am due in January (EDD is the 12th) :)
Lots of January babies I see!!! :) :)

I decided to test because I was late and my boobs were (and still are) VERY sore!! I took 3 different tests and it still hasn't quite sunk in yet. First appointment is this Thursday (May 17th). I am so very excited!!

Hey everyone! I'm due January 12. I actually found out on May 1st at just 3w3d! Very early! The day before that I just felt different. I was at work and just staring at the wall for a while. so I tested the next morning at 9dpo and it was positive. I've lost my last two, so this is pretty nerve wracking for me!

I have my first scan a week from today on May 21st! EEEEKKKK!!!

I have to wait until 30 Jan for my first appointment though, I'll be over 7 weeks by then.

I called my Doctor's office only to be informed that I can't come in until I'm 8 weeks, which won't be until June 11th. They were nice enough to offer me a class this Wednesday, though. I just have so many questions about what I can and can't do.. It's frustrating! :dohh:

If you are not a high risk pregnancy, you need to do everything in moderation. You should use common sense. If you have been exercising, keep it up. It's ok to do cardio so long as you don't overheat or feel faint.

This is my personal list:

Do's
  • Have sex
  • Exercise
  • Take a prenatal vitamin
  • Eat responsibly
  • Occasionally indulge a craving
  • Continue with allergy medication like Claritin or Zyrtec
  • Keep hydrated - Drink lots of water
  • Enjoy your pregnancy!

Don't
  • Sweat the small stuff
  • Clean the litter box
  • Eat raw fish
  • Eat lunch meat that's not heated
  • Exceed 200mg caffeine daily (a 20 bottle of Diet Pepsi has 63mg, for reference)
  • Take any pain medications other than Tylenol
  • Take any other medications without first contacting your doctor's office
  • Listen to the horror stories
  • Smoke or do drugs

So many opinions out there about what you can and can't do. Again, everything in moderation. European women routinely have a glass of wine with dinner all through pregnancy. Japanese women still eat sushi during pregnancy. I think every woman needs to do what she thinks is right and best for her pregnancy within medical guidelines! Best wishes!

Thanks, Ditty bird! I'm pretty sure I'm not a high risk pregnancy, but I was working out 4 times a week and that equated to alot of core strengthening and running about 16 miles a week. I think I'll have to scale back on distance and speed, like walking at a brisk pace for 2 miles instead. I'm unsure about the other stuff though. I was doing a weight class, a few core strength classes, and yoga and I'm not sure what's OK and what's probably frowned upon.

Your list was AWESOME though. Let me say it again. AWESOME.:thumbup:

Thanks, Ditty bird! I'm pretty sure I'm not a high risk pregnancy, but I was working out 4 times a week and that equated to alot of core strengthening and running about 16 miles a week. I think I'll have to scale back on distance and speed, like walking at a brisk pace for 2 miles instead. I'm unsure about the other stuff though. I was doing a weight class, a few core strength classes, and yoga and I'm not sure what's OK and what's probably frowned upon.

Your list was AWESOME though. Let me say it again. AWESOME.:thumbup:

Hey, generally the advise is that you can continue doing what you were doing before pregnancy except for certain 'high risk' sports and exercise, as your body is already used to it. The running should be absolutely fine. I run about 14 miles each week. I have reduced distance and speed on the basis of compensating for morning sickness and energy levels. Yoga is probably completely fine. I am unsure about the core strength and weight classes though.

TMI: Anybody else have a new vein map on each boob or is it just me? lol

Hi ladies!

I hope I can join! I am due January 7th. The due date got updated after my first scan tonight. :)

It was so amazing to see a real little bean there I could not believe it and started crying happy tears. :cloud9: They were even able to measure its heart beat and it was 130 BPM. I don't have a digital copy of the photo yet but should scan it soon.

Best wishes and happy pregnancy to everyone!

Hi Ladies!
I am due Jan. 15th! I don't have a scan scheduled yet but I hope to get an early one. I had a couple dreams that I was pregnant and they have been accurate my last two times (which unfortunately both ended in ms). Also, I just felt a little different. So I decided to test and to my surprise BFP!! So excited! Cross your fingers that this one sticks!

Im january 15th too!!! 5 full weeks as of tomorrow i have a scan june 12th and im so flipping excited!!!

Hoping for sticky beans fir us!

Hi all. Just got my bfp yesterday and to my calculations I'm due 13th Jan!

Hi everyone I'm 5 weeks 3 days due jan 12th!!! It's mine and DH 1st and very excited!!!

My only concerns is I have An 11 month old cat and have been reading about Toxoplasmosis which has been making me very anxious as our cat hunts daily!!! I havnt cleaned the litter out for a few months since ttc DH Has been doing that but we have an open plan kitchen Lounge diner which is where his tray is kept. I can't stop him from jumping On the kitchen units either!!!
Does anyone else have cats or can stop me from fretting?! Lol xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"