January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Feeling very crampy this morning, my mom is here to help out, so I am about to try to take a nap in a bit as I am exhausted! The contractions have started up again but they're 15 mins apart.

Thanks midnight.

Greats - I hope they get more regular soon, but that you can sneak in a nap first!

Ali- thank you for sharing, you did amazing and he sounds adorable and glad he is feeding so well!

Greats- that's so frustrating, I'm sorry they fizzled out! Although now I see your post about them starting back up so FX this is the real deal!!

Kksy- I'm sorry the contractions didn't turn into anything, I hope it's not long for you and you'll have baby in your arms

Literati- yay for last week of work! And as for being at the end of the month, it just means we have babies ALL month to look forward to!

I've had more cramping the past week, actually thought contractions were starting last night...turns out it was just gas :haha:
39 week appointment tomorrow and I'm REALLY hoping more has happened with my cervix especially because my doctor doesn't like to go much over due date and I am trying to avoid being induced. Hopefully those cramps have done something!

Hi ladies,

Thanks for l&d story Ali, sounds like u did fab hon, sorry about the tear..I'm def gonna consider epi, I just hope I get the chance , last 2 births have just progressed so quickly once waters have broke...I dilated so quick last time once they got going.. I really like to avoid that if possible.. I felt it was too much for me and im not that bad with pain..but last was off the scale compared to others ��..

Sorry things fizzled out Greats.. So frustrating for you. Hope they start again soon ️xx

WDWjess.. My ds is def more clingy lately.. I also have to tell him to mind my bump, he is asking for loads of cuddles latey bless him.. Must be really confusing for them, me and oh have discussed this for after the birth and im going to try and stick to my routine with ds as much as practically poss.. Or oh give him extra attention if I'm feeding.. I'm hoping to breast feed but don't think ds is gonna be happy with amount of time that is gonna take ����.. I'm sure he will get used to it soon enough..

I went to midwife this morning for final check up appt.. I was really hoping she would check me n possible sweep but she didn't even check my cervics. Felt stomach, heart rate and did my obs.. She said she thought little one was back to back , I do seem to get lots of back pain in recent days which apparently is a sign of this..big baby back to back just what u want lol..I'm due for induction next Tuesday so she said there was no point in doing internal����

I was a little peed off as she was running quite late and had a medical student there I know there were women waiting after me so I think I was rushed a bit.. I wasn't in mood to protest really.. Ive bought a pinapple n plan to eat some of that and get bouncing on my ball, I would like to start myself rather than be induced if poss, don't feel like dtd really..just walking when I can.. Getting loads of uncomfortable BH but not painful ..not regular. Loads of shooting pains in what I think is cervics..managing to walk for about 10 mins max.

Good luck anyone thats getting close :) hope things progress again soon x

Contractions are less than 5 mins apart lasting at least 45 seconds, lots of period cramping and pressure. Waiting for a nurse to call me back to see if I should go into L&D or just to my doctor's office.

VRogers - sounds like your body is definitely doing something. Hope you've made some progress.

Greats - that sounds like the real deal! I would imagine you could just go to the hospital pretty soon. Rule of thumb here is usually contractions every 5 minutes lasting about 1 minute for 1 hour before going in! (I'm sure you know how it works since this is your third! :haha:) Seems like if you went to your dr's appointment it could be a waste! But let us know what they say! Good luck! So excited for you!

Sounds like you could go straight in greats xx

They dont do cervix checks in uk xx

Nurse wants me to just continue laboring at home. Said to go to L&D when I can't talk during contractions. Still have my appointment in case. Trying to rest now after walking around the apartment for a bit.

Good luck greats!! I hope things continue to progress for you!

Congrats Ali! See, I didn't jinx you!!! 😉

Greats - omg how exciting! Best of luck to you!!! I'm so jealous!

Still NO signs of labor here on my end, but 39 weeks today. Exciting milestone, just bring on the labor now! Hope everyone else is doing well!

Ali - Huge congratulations!! Fab birth story sounds like you did amazing.. glad hes taken to feeding well. Hope you manage to get some rest xx

Greats - Good luck, hope things progress quickly for you!

Vrogers - Fingers crossed the cramps are doing something and you see some progress soon!

I think i'm the only one who has a 3 yr old who seriously couldn't care less about baby. hes not in the slightest bit clingy and I know I have no issues to face with Jealousy. Hes very much for my partner so hes not so much a mummies boy at all. He doesn't care about my bump he just kisses it now and again and asks when Evie is coming. I think the jealousy would prob be more of an issue with him and my partner when she arrives tbh, they are like two peas in a pod. Even when hes poorly he wants daddy so ive no worries with regards to him.

Ive been on Antenatal unit all afternoon. Been having some pains last few days in my upper right side of my bump just under my ribs and the worst heartburn, so gave them a quick call just for advice..they asked me to go in to to be on safe side to check BP and urine incase of preeclampsia but all was fine. Took some bloods to just check as the pain in bump is right where my liver is. loads of tightenings on monitor every 6-10 mins but they have been on and off for 3 days.. sometimes regular then ease off. So nothing major happening just yet. Just hoping these crampy BHs are doing something.

Been out all day today so ready for a bath and early bed tonight. Might DTD if i can find enough energy see if we can get these BHs progressing a bit. ALthough im not sure going into labour right now while kids are off school if ideal so guess shes ok in there for a little longer!

Look forward to more labour updates cant wait to start seeing all the babies arriving now :D

My body hates meeee. They've slowed down again so I managed an hour nap. Dh is out grabbing lunch now. Hoping they pick up again by my appointment... maybe they'll just keep me then lol

Greats - aw, that's super annoying! Hope it starts back up!

Ana - well, that's a good thing if your LO won't be jealous of the baby! :) I am glad you went in but nothing was wrong!

Greats- booo...I hope they pick up again soon!

Just bouncing away on my ball and doing hip circles to get her into a good position. It's causing BH and she's hitting my cervix.

Sorry greats that labour seems to be very intermittent. I really hope when you go in you are a few cms dilated at the very least.

Great birth story Ali! How cute to have a little boy with red hair! My husband is very dark, but I have some red in my hair and I have always wondered if we would have a red haired baby!

I am glad the pains were nothing to worry about anababe :) Hopefully labour starts up for you soon.

So many ladies on the cusp of having babies I feel! I am 99% sure I am NOT one though!

Had first proper day of mat leave today and felt so surreal.... I like routine and structure and my day had none. Daughter starts pre school next week, so will be good to get her in some kind of routine.

Pompey - congrats on being on mat leave! I cannot wait! Just finishing up this week or work and then I'm done.

I'm the opposite and hate routine and structure so I am greatly looking forward to freedom! Then again, A BIT of routine can definitely be helpful and can help you stay productive so I am hoping to at least keep a very very loose routine going for my dd so that her sleep doesn't go all haywire like it did over Christmas.

I'm glad your dd starts preschool soon so you can get the routine you crave! Hope you get to relax a bit before baby comes!

Encouraging to read about the progress ladies! Hope your contractions become regular again Greats!!

I'm so unsure what to be expecting since this is my first. I woke around 5am having mild contractions and when I went to the loo I noticed some brown discharge which has been coming away slowly throughout the day. Contractions wore off around 8 and I went back to sleep, since then I've been having on and off period style cramping. Does this sound like early labour, or could this just go on for weeks?!? Hah! 😊

Sunshine - could be the start of something, but it's hard to say. If it's early labour it will increase in intensity and frequency and will definitely become quite regular. If it's just off and on like that though it can definitely go on for some time. The brown discharge is promising though, so I hope it is the start of something for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->