January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

I'm heading to the hospital. Interval has been at about 2 and a half minutes for over an hour lasting 30-45 seconds.

Bawled leaving DS. My brother took off work to help.

Eek good luck. Will be thinking of you xx

Ali - wow, good luck! Hope everything goes smoothly! Your DS will be okay!t

To answer your question earlier, dd was born on her due date!

Will read all replies later n Reply properly but good luck Ali!!!! So exciting!!!!

Yay Ali - can't wait to hear more news from you!

WDWJess - I hope things kick off for you for real soon!

Apple - thanks for the well wishes on this labor. That's funny your OH is bugging you with the urgings to rest. I can understand what you mean though. I like things a certain way, and can get a compulsion to take care of something. Sorry your teenager is being, well, a teenager, lol. It's a hard age I'm sure!

Had a good day with DD and DH. We went out for a nice brunch and I got a late nap in. Now who knows when I'll be ready for bed, lol. Back to work tomorrow (remotely). Can't wait to go into labor and be done work. I'm not stopping work until I have to. But at least working from home is a big relief.

Quick update. My little man arrived at 7:08! (It's about 9:55 atm) he's perfect in every way!! Will update more later!

Today's been a lazy day. I started out thinking I was going to be a little productive but ended up doing not much aside from sleeping off and on. DH and I ended up napping for a couple hours mid-day as he hasn't been sleeping well either due to a shoulder injury.

Curious question: has anyone been using EPO? DH's aunt recommended I use it. She has had 7 births, and in the 3 that she did NOT use EPO, she went overdue and in the 4 that she DID use EPO regularly, she went into labor early or on time. Just wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts.

Ali - OMG Yay! I'm so excited for you! sorry you cried leaving DS, but I'm glad your brother could take the time off work. CONGRATS!!! <3 So excited to have another baby in our group!!

Ali - congrats! So excited for you! Can't wait to hear height/weight and your birth story!

Ali- ah congratulations!!! Can't wait to hear more when you feel up to it, hope you are able to get some rest for now

Angel- also would like to hear opinions on this as I've got some ready and would like to know if it's worth the try!

Ali!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!! Congratulations! Can't wait to read your birth story!!!

I'm very calm today as well, Midnight. We got a lot done today... installed our 2 new Diono car seats and our Britax infant seat, all 3 into our tiny ass Chevy Sonic! If anyone ever needs to put 3 across in a small car, I highly suggest the Diono car seats! Very narrow seats, but phenomenal safety features.

We finally took down our xmas tree, put it away in storage, and brought out the baby swing and bouncer, got those all set up. So everything is officially ready for this baby girl to arrive!

I have a check up tomorrow, doubt there will be any cervical changes from the past 2 weeks... fully expect to still be 1cm dilated haha

Greats - we took the tree down today as well. DH was supposed to install car seat base and set up the swing this holiday but of course he didn't. Oh well!

Angel - What is EPO?

Literati - EPO is Evening Primrose Oil. I used it in capsule form during TTC because it can help increase fertile CM, among other things. In a lot of my reading the direct oil applied to perineum (massage, etc) is said to help allow for stretching and prevent tearing during labor. What I've read in terms of labor is that while EPO does not induce labor, it (supposedly) will help to soften cervix and help with effacement or encourage labor if baby is already in position but cervix hasn't begun to soften/efface/etc. They say not to start until 37 weeks but after that you can take it regularly in pill form OR you can do directly insert into vagina (they recommend either using the direct oil OR using the gel but puncturing it first so the liquid comes out) OR you can do both.

I've been hesitant to try direct insertion, but have been taking a couple pills off and on after 37 weeks, but I haven't taken them regularly and I haven't taken the full dosage. But once DH's aunt told me that's one of the things she did starting at 37 weeks i went ahead and the last 2 days I've taken full dosage. I still haven't done any insertion or anything but am considering it.

Although I have no idea what my effacement is because doctor hasn't done a cervical check on me at all at this point sooooo I won't actually know if it worked or not.

Eeek Ali - so excited! Congrats and can't wait to hear the story!

Angel I used EPO with my first, but at my current practice they say there hasn't been any good evidence on its use and there's new evidence that it may cause bleeding, so I'm skipping it this time.

Congrats Ali!! Wow that didn't take long once you got to the hospital!!

Angel - ooh ok, thanks for the explanation. I hope it helps you!

Agreed with Van. That was very fast after leaving for the hospital!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->