January Baby Bears 2017 ~ 48 Momma Bears: 21 Blue, 17 Pink

Congratulations Ali!! Looking forward to hearing all the details! Take care Xx

Dtd tonight and have been getting regular contractions roughly every 10 minutes for the past 1.5 hours... nothing painful but lasting around 45-55 seconds each and some pressure. Not getting my hopes up at all, but I'll keep y'all updated if they progress into anything!

Thank you everyone!! Since I can't sleep between him not sleeping well and myself being restless I'll post my story! Labor and delivery so buckle up ha.. probably be kind of long. Sorry!

Well like I said I started having contractions the night of 1/1. I did feel somewhat off the entire day. Extremely grouchy and irritable. Not much for an appetite. The contractions probably faded that night when I was asleep or I simply slept through them. Forward to the morning and I didn't have any when I first got up which was rather early, 4:30 or so. At about 5 I had one again and kept having them, but they were irregular. At about 11 I decided to tell my Stepmom and see if my brother could take work off to help out. It was around then that they started to get rather painful but still spaced out. Forward to1-2 pm I really had to breathe through them and they were getting closer. I started timing at 2 and they were 2:30 minutes apart about 30-45 seconds. We get everything loaded up and I don't call because by then I didn't want to talk on the phome. I just show up, but at least I'm pre-registered.

We got here about 4 pm. The drive up was painful and miserable. My contractions intensified a lot during the drive. I knew then I was going to get an epidural so I didn't lose my mind. When I arrived I was always 6cm and waters bulging. She got me situated and called the midwife (Yay for that! I love the midwife here.) She said she'd probably break my waters but I started leaking and then during a contraction it literally popped. Sound and all! Enough force to send it shooting down my leg, my knees were apart and I wad on my side. DH laughed so hard and said that just made his day till baby arrived. :dohh:

Well by this time my contractions are misery and I'm doing my best to breathe through them. I'm having the urge to push and he I putting extreme pressure on my bowels and my lower back is in agony non-stop. Well I finally get my epi and I'm 9 cm. 20 minutes later (if that) I'm ready to push. I was so thankful for it though. This one was different from my first epi. My first one completely numbed my legs and was instant relief. This one took time to work but I could still move my legs which were numb but not completely and I could still feel the pressure from contractions and baby coming out. So much better than my first epidural!!

He came out quiet but soon started whining then screaming. Has a head full of RED hair!!!! DH is a redhead but I didn't think we'd ever have one!! Pretty sure it's curly as well! 8 lbs 4 oz and 19.5 inches! He's amazing at nursing! Had his hand in his mouth almost instantly. He was then sucking furiously on his own lip! He definitely will be a hand or thumb sucker.

I did tear although she tried to keep me from doing it. 2nd degree. Only pushed through 3 contractions. He came out so much easier than my first!

Although the pain sucked I'm glad I went so long without the epi otherwise I'd probably be in labor even longer because it slowed my contractions.

My L&D was overall much better than my first.

So far my tear doesn't hurt. I know it will later. No afterpains either. Baby T is snuggled in my arms suckling on his sleep. He of course sleeps soundly in my arms!

DH and I are so in love, though! Big brother meets him tomorrow.

Sorry for the long story! Please excuse any typos I'm on a tablet. Also I'll catch up with everyone later! I'll post pictures later as well!

Oh alijo huge congratulations. Cant wait to see pics xx

Gonna take tree down today and sort a nice corner for candles! Xx

Yay.. Congrats Ali ️xxx look forward to update..

I keep coming in to see how everyone is going between everything.. Trying to spend some quality time with ds.. Lots of mummy cuddles :) n chilling watching films together..
Better go n check the teenager has dragged himself out of bed for 1st day back at school !! Lol..

Ah yes back to school and teenagers. Mine ignore alarm and drive me potty. Just snuggled in bed with my electric blanket on. We will have to keep it of when we co sleep with baby so almost dont mine these extra few days!

Amazing Ali, congratulations, can't wait to see a pic. I guess he arrived early then but only just? Almost a due date baby! Xx

D-day for me today and sad to say my contractions halted again last night, not even had any BH through the night either. DH has gone back to work. My parents are having the kids for me today as they just get me agitated and worked up so I can't relax especially my 2 yr old as she is just so clingy with me at the mo, won't leave my side and keeps on laying on my bump which is hell when I do have a contraction!

Amazing Ali, congratulations, can't wait to see a pic. I guess he arrived early then but only just? Almost a due date baby! Xx

D-day for me today and sad to say my contractions halted again last night, not even had any BH through the night either. DH has gone back to work. My parents are having the kids for me today as they just get me agitated and worked up so I can't relax especially my 2 yr old as she is just so clingy with me at the mo, won't leave my side and keeps on laying on my bump which is hell when I do have a contraction!

My 3yr old is the same. Wonder if they know? Enjoy the peace xx

Been up all night with contractions. They're currently 3:30 mins apart and lasting roughly 45 seconds each. Lots of pressure. Hospital is a 2 minute drive down the road for me so will be heading in to be checked out when contractions are around 2:30 mins apart. Wish me luck that this is it and not some terrible joke my body is playing on me :haha:

Midnight - I'm sure they do. Emily has been more clingy the last month or 2 but the last 2 days have been hell. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the cuddles but being only just 2 she still tries to climb on bump and dig her elbows in etc no matter how many times I tell her she can't and I end up getting cross and pushing her off and then we have the tantrums and I'm finding it far too stressful at the minute. DS back at school tomorrow too which means DD will need me to entertain her more.

Greats - good luck, looking forward to updates xx

Hello everyone, first of all congrats to everyone who has had their babies.

Took ages to catch up with all the posts but i'm finally here :thumbup:

I have been having much stronger bh for the past few days but still pretty irregular. The other half is also finding it hilarious that I am now walking like I have been riding a horse all day :laugh2: . Pretty sure little Freddy has dropped slightly as I have a lot more pressure in my pelvis/ top of my thighs. Also an increase in cm (not sure if parts of mucous plug or not). Also if anyone has facebook feel free to add me the url is facebook.com/ChellyFreddySmith (name Chelly Hannah Smith) :winkwink: Good luck to everyone!! we are all so close now :happydance:

Thanks for sharing AliJo! Sounds like a pretty food birth overall! Glad to hear he's nursing so well already. I want a red haired baby! I kinda thought DD would be, and she occasionally has a redish tinge but she's more blonde for now. My hair is brown and so is DH's but he has red in his facial hair and has a redhaired sister. :)

I think we're gonna see the babies start coming fast and furious this week! Hope I'm one of them, lol.

Greats - positive labor thoughts your way!

WDWJess - DD sometimes drives me crazy too with her elbows and such on my bump. I can't stand it.

ali- yes!!! so happy for you, massive congrats!!! i had epidural later on in labour too and it was really great and helped so much with the pushing. amazing you did it in 3 contractions, took me like 100 lol

Greats- good luck with labour!!

slammer- i hope u are one of them too :)

elonaire- good luck, fingers crossed it's soon

No labor, they fizzled out. Seriously want to cry. They stayed at 3.5 mins apart for hours, and they started to get farther apart until I eventually fell asleep at 6am. Now it's 8am and I have to nanny at 830am. But I have a check up at 330pm so fingers crossed all those contractions did SOMETHING to my cervix!

Ah greats that's frustrating! Hopefully they did something at least!

Ali sounds like it went really well! Hopefully the stitches don't hurt too much once the epi wears off!

Love the l&d story Ali!! I had a late epi with my first and I really think it made the delivery so much better!

Greats- sorry they fizzled out. That's what happened to me last week- DTD and had contractions start, lasted 9 hours 2.5 min apart before it stopped. But it did change my cervix so I hope it did the same for you!

DTD last night and contractions started up right away. They stayed about 10 minutes apart for a few hours before I went to bed. Not anything I thoughtwould lead somewhere but had enough pressure that I'm hoping it pushed me a little further. Next appt is Thursday so will find out!

I'm only a bit jealous of all you ladies that have had your LOs! I think I've accepted that this baby will probably be late like big brother but still hopefully not AS late (C was 12 days overdue...)

Hope you all have a great day!

I added you Chelly!

Ooo sorry has fizzled ladies. I was upset but now feel comfortable having more time....for things like eating and laying around...lol xx

Greats- sorry things fizzled! Hope they pick up soon! Exciting times on this thread.

Ali -thanks for sharing your birth story! I loved it! I have definitely heard that when you dilate really quickly the pain is a lot more intense. Sounds like that was definitely true for you. Glad it went well though and that you're enjoying precious newborn snuggles! Congratulations!

Slammer - hope you don't have to work much longer. I'm glad it is from home!

Kksy - sorry your body keeps tricking you! Hopefully your labour will be fast once active labour officially starts for real.

AFM - 37 weeks and 'early term' or 'full term' depending who you talk to! Last week of work finally and I am so glad! Of course it had to be -40 C for my first day back and is going to be like this all week. I can't wait to hibernate!! No major signs of labour but definitely having more and more BH, some accompanied by cramping. Not expecting to go very early, but a couple days would be nice! Since I am later in the month (due 24th), I am going to feel like I am late even if I'm on time since nearlyeveryone will have their babies by then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->