January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

Fit, we have really only had one or two times when baby was nice and loud. The rest of the time it sounds like it is hiding in the back! Doctor didn't say anything today, but when she was listening the placenta was much louder than the heartbeat. You could hear the placenta and then baby just barely in the background behind. So it makes me think that I have an anterior placenta also. But she didn't say anything. So I guess we will find out later when I have my next scan.

Everything darling, how devastating, I'm sorry you have to endure this again xxx warm hugs and please don't be shy to say hello when you feel you can xxx

Welcome Abi!

Going on a hoilday with my hubby daughter and two step kids :) we pick them up tonight from the airport at 10:30pm. Looking forward to seeing them :)

If you don't hear from me I'll pop on as soon as I can not sure how my service will be... Much love to you all ladies xx

Ladies, I am about to attempt to eat a hamburger. Wish me luck! I have felt decent today and for some reason a burger is the only thing that sounds good for dinner. We will see what happens. Lol

Good luck with the burger ND

I've had my mw appointment today, and even though I had a dating scan already, for the first time I actually got to hear the hb, which was 150, and little squish kept wriggling around and moving away from the doppler.

Tomorrow is my NT scan. I'm nervous but excited.

Good luck with the burger kd, hope it tastes as good as it sounds! Btw I wouldn't be surprised at all if you turned out to have an anterior placenta, not that I'm an expert.

Lock that's great that you got to hear your little one. My Baby is the same - I can always tell if he's awake or sleeping because he always makes me chase him when he's awake, plus I can hear him thumping around in there. :haha: Good luck at your nt scan, I'm sure it will be perfect.

Hi hi. DH and I just got home from our week out in Michigan. I have (probably not very surprising) news for all of ya'll: Going to a music festival while pregnant is EXHAUSTING. I spent most of the time resting/sleeping in the tent while DH and his little sis went off to explore and catch a bunch of shows. In the end, I think I only went to 5 or 6 concerts/performances.

BIG NEWS! When I woke up today, I saw I'd missed a call from my OB's office. Checked my voicemail and Panorama results are in! Our LO is LOW RISK for EVERYTHING!!!! Also, it turns out that SHE is a GIRL!!!! I had a dream last week on my way to the festival that I had a little girl and called her Temple (I think because she kind of looked like Shirley Temple). I told DH about it and he says that if that's what my dream said, then that's what we can call her- at least until we've had a little more time to think about names. I hope that it sticks, because I think it's a lovely name and perfect for a many-times-over rainbow baby.

Heather- Ooooo, the exhaustion. Have you found any amount of sleep that makes it go away, because I sure haven't!

Lock- Yayyyy! for getting to hear the heartbeat. :happydance:

Everything- I am so so so sorry for your loss. I know that nothing any of us can say will help, but I am sending you so much love right now. I'm so sorry, hun. :cry: :hugs:

Eek, Buny congrats on your LOW RISK little girl!!!!!!!! You're the first Blizzard to find out the sex, how exciting. :)

Sorry you slept thru much of your holiday - I was wondering where you were finding the energy to go to a music festival! I'm headed to a destination wedding/party this weekend and foresee myself sneaking away for a lot of naps.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to book our scan to find out the sex - I'm thinking girl, DH says boy.

Congrats on your little girl Buny

Had my NT scan today, everything was right on target for measurements, HB was 153, and no abnormalities were found :cloud9: I even got a teeny tiny potty shot!

https://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/IMG_1325_zpsk9ftkmbm.jpg

https://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/IMG_1320_zpsfanl8ejl.jpg

https://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/IMG_1319_zpstvjktfxk.jpg

Oh ladies

Hooray for scans and heartbeats and low risk babes.

I've just been stalking really for a little while and i think I will do until Monday.
I woke up with pains today and I STILL have no baby bump whatsoever. At 12+2 my stomach is so squishy and i can't find a uterus anywhere (I think I was looking in the right place......ha ha OMG flashback to my teenage years where every other magazine wrote about 'finding the g spot"). Anyway, my midwfe rang ysterday to postpone our appointment until Friday so with the pains this morning I fully panicked. My 13 week scan is on Monday and I asked if I could get one sooner but I can't :-( She did try for me though.
So I just have to keep on waiting. It's horrible because I have such a strong feeling. EverythingXd had such a strong feeling too. Another forum friend had a feeling and had bad news at a 12 week scan. I really really feel nothing in my tummy.
Sorry to harp on about it. I'm trying not to worry my husband but here is somewhere I can vent where people understand.
I hope I am wrong. in fact I really really hope I'm wrong.

Any ladies here still have a squishy tummy and can't find your uterus?

I am trying to remain positive otherwise I'll just go mad. I'm trying not to worry about having another erpc. If I need one we need to drive over 3 hours to the hospital and stay in that city for two nights. Next week the school holidays start. DH and I run our own business and the school holidays in July are the busiest two weeks of the year. Eeek. How would we get away?

Sorry for the ramble.....

Wow, this thread has been SO active and I am SO behind. Only read the last 1-2 pages. Sorry if I'm missing more highlights!

Buny- SOOOO happy for you that's its low risk and a girl!!!! You deserve a low risk pregnancy!! Just over the moon for you!!

Spud- :hugs: I can't remember.. Will this be your first scan or have you had others?

We all know better than anyone that there aren't any guarantees, so I'm not going to lie to you and tell you bad news is impossible and I'm not going to waste my breath telling you not to worry because we all know thats just part of PAL.

However, what I WILL tell you is that at 12 weeks with DD I really didn't have a bump to speak of. I have a picture of me at 20 weeks (!!) wearing maternity pants, but a regular top and you can just see a bump (that could be too many chips, to anyone who didn't know it was a baby!). I think it was around 24 weeks that I really started to get a decent bump.

This time, I'm almost 14 weeks and still fit in all of my regular clothes and no one would think that I'm pregnant yet just by looking at me.

I have never tried to find my uterus, so I can't help you there. But the squishy tummy/lack of bump I have totally had! Everyone's body changes at different times, even with perfectly healthy pregnancies!

I'll be thinking of you this week hun!!

Thanks Topanga - you have awesome advice. Thank you. I had a scan at 8+1 with a heartbeat of 159 but with my mmc last time I also had a good early scan with a strong heartbeat.
The midwife, bless her, is out of town tomorrow, which is why she had to postpone our appointment, but she says she will come around to my house around 6pm to look for a heartbeat for me. As my appointment is at 11am on Friday morning I told her not to worry as she will have had a long day and 6pm on Thursday isn't much difference from 11am on Friday.

I guess I'm worried because with dd my uterus was sticking out by now and this is what i felt like before my mmc.

PAL is hard. But I'm going to try and forget it. Perhaps my pains were a growing uterus :)

Spud, with my MMC I had little to no symptoms. So when I had little to no symptoms this pregnancy, I told DH I didn't think it was viable. But 3 healthy scans later and bubs is still there. Every pregnancy really is different!!

Re Doppler: I think it's a great idea, but don't forget that some women can't pick up the HB until later. At 11 weeks with DD and this pregnancy, my doctor couldn't find a HB with the Doppler and had to do an ultrasound. I still can't find the HB with my home Doppler. Just a heads up so you don't panic if you have the same problem.

Thanks Ladies. I wish I had bought a doppler now but I keep thinking it will take a week to get here if I order one by which time I will know.
I just had a phone call by the Ultrasound dept because they were moving my appointment to Tuesday from the Monday. What's one day in the big scheme of things...
I think I'll know anyway after Friday if my midwife can't find a heartbeat.

Thinking of you Spud and Heather. Hope things continue to progress beautifully for you both :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->