January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

Heather - try not to worry! I think it is definitely normal to have these moments of panic and dread. I agree with Fit and kd that a conversation is in order. Especially if you are wondering why you are at 2 week appointments (maybe your doc thinks that is helpful to you?)

Bush - I am a planner. So we will be finding out. To me that is much less stressful than having to potentially run out and get different things with a newborn! Plus DH and I already have so much trouble agreeing on names, it is helpful to at least eliminate one gender.

Buny - enjoy your trip! Hope the faintness stays away while you are gone. And great skirts.

Fit - great pics. Congrats on a beautiful scan!

Sorry I have not been too active in general. I usually end up reading everyone's posts right before bed at night on my phone, but find myself with no mental energy to reply! My vomiting has gone down from about 3 times/day to 3 times every third day, but the fatigue is still rampant. I am not sure how I am going to get any work accomplished these next few weeks/months (gosh, I sure hope it starts to turn around!) Hit the 12 week mark on Saturday, though, so hopefully my energy starts to go up!

Hi ladies, well looks like my fears were founded... I've started bleeding :cry: It's red, not seen any clots but it's fairly heavy - more than spotting. Not really in pain,just a dull period pain which tbh I'm not even sure I would've noticed if it weren't for the bleeding. I pushed my boobs though and realise they don't hurt at all any more :cry:

I rang the maternity helpline, they can't get me in today for a scan. I have my 12 week scan in the morning anyway so just got to wait it out until then now.

Sammy - I do the same, read updates late at night on my phone and then feel too sleepy to reply!

Bush - I didn't find out gender with DS1. DH wanted to be the one to tell me our baby's gender, and I thought that was a lovely idea. The reality was that by the time I gave birth, I was convinced it was a boy anyway and when he said "it's a boy" I was so exhausted from 3 hours pushing that my response was a lacklustre "yeh I know." :blush: We found out with DS2 so that we could tell DS1 whether he was getting a brother or sister, and help him to try to bond with baby before it came along. I personally find it really hard not to know!

Everything I hope all is okay. Lots of women seem to have some bleeding in pregnancy so it could be something minor. Will be thinking of you and hoping your scan reveals a lovely healthy baby. :hugs:

Everything thanks for telling me that, I've been thinking that it would be nice to let the kids know but we will see as the 20 week scan comes around.

Sorry that your bleeding, I hope it nothing major and bub is doing a ok.

Atm: the boys got on the bus this morning and I was more nervous than they were, gunna miss them for the next week and then I can wrap my arms around them and squeeze them tight!!

Hi everyone....

First of all, Everything, i really hope everything went ok at your scan today and you managed to get some more info hon?

I'm new on here everyone so HI and please can I join? I did look a few weeks ago but didn't want to join anything at that point. i hope i'm not tempting fate by now joining though...

I'm Abi, have a little girl who just turned 3. Had a ruptured ectopic last year and finally got my bfp in April :)

Measuring 13 weeks today so due New Years day....

Nice to meet you all x

I'm afraid it wasn't good news for me, I have lost our baby :cry: Baby measured 8+5 with no heartbeat. Devastated.

It was lovely to be part of this group, and I wish all you ladies happy and healthy pregnancies and babies x x

Everything - I'm so so sorry to hear about yourheartbreaking news. My thoughts are with you and your oh.

Aw, everything. Will be thinking of you and your family. I know there is nothing anyone can say to make it better. :hugs:

Welcome, abi! I will get you added to the front page.

Bush, try to enjoy the extra rest while the boys are gone--you need it right now! Hope they have fun!

AFM, had an appointment this morning. Doc is pleased and says everything is going well. Didn't get to peek at baby (boo!). HR was between 159 and 165. That's pretty quick! But doc says it's okay. And baby was kicking up a storm in there! I have my private gender scan before my next OB appointment, which is crazy! It is starting to get real!

Thanks for the welcome ladies.

Everything - I am so sorry to hear your sad news hon. Sending you strength and hugs xxxxxx

KD - i paid for the private blood test (Nifty) and they gave me all my results which were good and offered to tell me the sex but i'm not sure if its too early to know?

How many weeks will you be when you find out?

I am defo finding out the sex, it's just when do i call the clinic and get them to tell me?
Am i mad? should i just call them and ask??

Sporty - just read your journal....what a strong woman you are and such a devastating history. Just wanna say wow and so glad you're pregnant again :) xx

Everything - I am so sorry. Thinking of you and sending many hopeful vibes your way!

Welcome abic! It looks like our little girls are about the same age too (my DD just turned 3 on the 15th!)

kd - maybe it is a girl? Isn't it the old wives' tale that girl HRs run faster?!

AFM - my doctor officially changed my due date yesterday to Jan 5. She said she would prefer going off my scan rather than my MC date as was being temporarily done (even though I know I ovulated 14-15 days after my MC date). But hey - I will happily meet babe a little sooner! (And if this one is anything like my DD, an induction will be in my future...)

Suddenly today I feel a little bit of the anxiety going away. We heard a solid, strong heart beat at my appointment yesterday, I am having no MC signs, and I am just about 12.5 weeks. I have started to tell a few more people. I know that something could still go wrong, but am enjoying this feeling of enjoying and letting myself *be* pregnant.

Abi, I would jump all over it if someone could tell me today. I say call and get the result! I'll be super jealous since you will be the first to know. My private gender scan is at 16+4 because 16 is the earliest they will do it at this particular place. Just a few more weeks!

Sammy, I'll change you on the first page. It might be tomorrow though. I just ate some sweets for the first time in a long time and it is not doing well in my stomach. I am considering going to the bathroom but know that will mean I am going to puke. Trying to keep it down. Effort might be futile. Lol. Oh, and although we will love any baby, we totally want a boy. But dh is getting this girl vibe. I am still in denial. Lol.

sorry if I've missed anything ladies, just got back from my visit in NY, and spent yesterday driving 6 hrs to get back home. Such a long drive wore me out completely :sleep:

I'm so sorry everything :cry:

My next scan is the 30th, this Tuesday, and I'll be 13+1. I'm so excited :D

Had DH buy me some maternity clothes, especially jeans as I don't think my pre pregnancy jeans will be fitting me for much longer. BTW Old Navy is having a sale on maternity jeans, so if any of you ladies are in need of maternity clothes, it might be a good chance to nab some.

I was looking at rainbow colored woven wraps for carriers. I've not tried a woven wrap yet, but I wanted a rainbow carrier for my rainbow baby :blush: I guess I will look through some youtube videos and learn.

I'm so sorry Everything. :-(

Welcome Abi, and congrats on your New Years baby! And I would totally call the clinic and ask for the sex if you want to know!!

The government here won't allow us to find out the sex before 20 weeks (so dumb) so I'll be getting a gender ultrasound in Washington State around 16 weeks instead - luckily we live close to the border and need to head over to do some shopping anyway. :)

KD are you able to hear baby more clearly on the doppler yet? I found out why maybe the heartbeat sounds faint to me sometimes - turns out I have an anterior placenta. That and Baby really does swim away from it - he was doing it to the midwife today when she was trying to listen. :haha: But we heard the record scratching sound I've been hearing at home and she confirmed it's Baby moving, so cool!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->