January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

TEAM :blue::blue::blue::blue::blue:
https://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w467/tc171005/47f02cc3-eba0-4661-9d25-ae09c23f3927_zps6zulqkgc.jpg~original

https://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w467/tc171005/profile%20boy_zpsepjuzodo.jpg~original

emma33- Congrats, lady! Wonderful news!! :happydance:

kdmalk- Yayyyy! Congrats on finding out gender! Now you get to go shopping for clothes, yeah? I know that's the first thing I did. :haha: Sorry about your awful headache. I've been getting a couple bad ones a week, though if I preemptively take the Tylenol and go lay down in a dark, cool, quiet room, I can usually get rid of most of it. I hope you find what works for you. <3

sportysgirl- Woohoo! Congrats on getting the Low Risk results back. Such a great feeling!

Fit_Mama2Be- Congrats on joining team blue. You ladies are totally outnumbering me!! I love that you had such a great scan and were able to see so much movement. My MIL is doing a bit better now (thanks for asking <3 ). She's home resting and recuperating. Luckily, she's a school teacher, so she has the next couple weeks off. She should be through the worst of it by the time school starts back up.

faith2015- You team blue girls are totally taking over the thread. :haha: Congratulations! Have you started thinking about names yet?

AFM:
DH and I interviewed our first choice pediatrician today, and I don't think we're going to have to interview anyone else! He was absolutely, positively, 100% perfect. He dedicates 45-60 minutes to a well visit (actually meeting with him the entire time, not a nurse or assistant), he shares all the same parenting views, AND he's available by personal cell phone 24 hours a day, everyday. The guy is incredibly well-read, went to top notch schools, has over a decade of working experience, and does a balance of western medicine and holistic care. On top of it all, he's incredibly humble, goes by his first name, and sees parents as intelligent equals who he can engage in real conversation with, not people to be told what to do/talked down to. We couldn't ask for more and couldn't be happier!

Congrats on joining me, fellow blue bumps!!!!

Uh, buny.... Can your pediatrician be my pediatrician? Because he basically sounds like the most fantastic person ever. I loved my pediatrician growing up, and she saved my life by sending me to the hospital immediately when she suspected appendicitis, because my appendix actually burst right after they took it out. So I would have been in real danger if she had waited any longer! Unfortunately, we don't live in the town where I grew up anymore, so I have to find someone here. I don't really know a lot of people with kids yet, so we will have to start searching for the right person!

Oh! And I had my appointment today and Mr. E actually kicked the Doppler when she put it down! She was so surprised because it is still so early and she could feel him kicking it! He has been quite feisty today!

We were really hoping for a professional soccer player, so it looks like we are starting off strong!

Officially booked for my anatomy scan on August 12! FINALLY!!!!!!

Hi ladies, it's quiet around here lately. :)

Buny your new pediatrician sounds amazing!

Faith congrats on joining Team Blue.

Kd that is hilarious that Baby Everett kicked the doppler. :haha:

I had my 17 week appointment today and all was well. My uterus was exactly where it should be and Baby Thomas' heartbeat was 148 bpm. The midwife said he's a very busy baby - as per usual we could hear him kicking and moving all over the place and he kept running from the doppler. I told the midwife about how he was opening and closing his mouth at my scan last week and she said he's practicing his breathing. :cloud9:

seems quite blue bump heavy here too!

I've been (sort of) busy, preparing for my father to come visit us from Sweden next week, and I have DD's pre school papers to fill out, they literally sent me a mountain of paperwork in the mail to fill out :dohh:

I've also been trying to stay active, I've been doing pilates and yoga at home, and some days I go to the gym to jogg on treadmills or use some weights for exercises.

DH and I have settled on names finally.

:pink:
Claire Violet

:blue:
Ivan Patrick

so 18 more days until we find out!

I had a midwife appointment 2 days ago, and hb was 153. My midwife put in her vote for girl saying that girls tend to have higher hb's, it's not always that way, but it's the common trend. If I remember correctly with DS, his hb was often in the 140's, and with DD, her hb was in the mid 150's, so for me it's been true.

Hello ladies

So many have joined team blue...congratulations :)

Is anyone staying team yellow?
Is it possible it's just lock and myself to find out the gender. I don't have a date yet but it will be between four to six weeks.

I had a good midwife appointment yesterday. We got our combined screening results back and baby is low risk so we're obviously very happy.
Baby's heartbeat was 139 (so we'll see on the boy and girl thing).

Lock - is your father Swedish? My mum is Swedish and my entire family is in Sweden right now. My brother lives there too and is married to a Swedish girl. I used to go every year to the West Coast and I miss it alot.

Faith - welcome to the group and congratulations on your little boy.

bunyhuny - TY :happydance: Yes we have a first name, no middle name right now. Silas :blue: And also congrats on your pediatrician!!!! Its always a great feeling to have that taken care of. My DH pediatrician is my daughters and now will be Silas' doc! We are really happy about that!

And big thank you's to the other mommies!!! I really appreciate it!!!

Lock my midwife said the same thing as yours about the heartbeat. She said if I didn't already know I'm having a boy it would have been her guess anyway because his heartbeat was 158 bpm at 12 weeks and is now in the 140's which is typical for baby boys as they grow bigger.

So on that note Lock I think you're having a girl and Spud I think you're having a boy!!

Spud congrats on being low risk - what great news.

I'm jealous of you ladies with family in Sweden. DH and I have always wanted to go there and it would sure cut the cost if we had someone to stay with.

Me neither! Although we're set to find out Monday morning.

I've not yet had my gender scan, 17 more days to go :coffee: I'm excited to hear more reveals though! I'm also jealous of all you ladies finding out so early. My practice is very cruelly making me wait until I'm at least 20 weeks. They wouldn't let me move it by even a week, even when I asked nicely.

Yes, my father is Swedish. Long story short, my mother flew from the US to Sweden in college and met my father there while she was staying with a host family. I was an "oops" baby. They were never married, so both my parents lived apart. I have family in Sweden, some cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and even a half brother I've met once. I've not yet been able to go to Sweden because after I finally met my father, I already had DD and kept having babies :haha: and I am a bit nervous about taking long plane rides with very young children, so maybe in a few years it will happen.

But I am looking forward to seeing him and his girlfriend Tina again :)

Heather and Topanga - it's exciting. Heather when do you find out? Topanga - I can't wait to hear. Do you ladies have any boy girl feelings.

Fit - I'll be interested to see the predicrions lol. I have had such mixed old wives tales results I don't know what to think. I did read that the heartrate theory has been disproven but who knows especially if midwives who listen to heartbeats say there is a general trend.....we wait to see :)

Lock - an oopsie with a Swedish man...sounds kind of exotic :)

Buny - your pediatrician sounds almost mythical. I'm glad someone like that does exist though.

I am getting some slight girl vibes, but I had girl vibes with DS, and he's very clearly a boy, (I see it every day when I change his diaper) so I'm not sure I trust my instincts on this one :haha:

Lock my midwife said the same thing as yours about the heartbeat. She said if I didn't already know I'm having a boy it would have been her guess anyway because his heartbeat was 158 bpm at 12 weeks and is now in the 140's which is typical for baby boys as they grow bigger.

So on that note Lock I think you're having a girl and Spud I think you're having a boy!!

Spud congrats on being low risk - what great news.

I'm jealous of you ladies with family in Sweden. DH and I have always wanted to go there and it would sure cut the cost if we had someone to stay with.

I wouldn't go off the HB!! My baby boy's HB has been 165-170 this whole pregnancy

LockandKey - My real gender scan is scheduled for Aug 11th, but they have this pregnancy spa and ultrasound office that I went to. You have to be 16+weeks

I don't have my anatomy scan until 10th September we are staying team yellow.

I'm getting girl vibes though of course can't be sure :), gender will be revealed on Friday 7 th Aug when we find out. Then I'm going to start buying things, can not wait!!

Bubby is moving around so well now, we have awake active time around 4-4:30 lasting for about 3-4 hours in the afternoon and as well as when I wake up and then again around 9-10 am. Very amazing and comforting feeling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->