January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

And what are you doing to prepare your toddler for the new baby? I'd be interested to know.

Heather - i love the nursery :) I think getting ready early is such a good idea. I guess I have been doing that without thinking....I've even been explaining that the baby will be drinking boobie milk. I breastfed DD until she was 26 months so she remembers it well. I tried all sorts to get her to give up but in the end what worked for me is me telling her that we were having one last feed and then my boobie milk had run out. For months she kept telling me 'I drank all the boobie milk'. But now she breastfeeds her dolly and knows the baby will drink milk which is good because at first she said 'that's my milk' and 'I want some'.
I have also bought a present to give to DD from the new baby :)

And my baby brain has hit....it's a good job I have a ticker or I would be loosing count on how many weeks I am.

Morning girls. I have my 20 week scan this afternoon. Didn't sleep well last night think it was anxiety/excitement!

Good luck Sporty, sure it will be great! Can't wait for your update. :)

Nursery is looking great Heather!

Bah, I woke up stressed thinking of everything that needs to be done around the house still...the weekend cannot get here quickly enough.

How is everyone?

Thanks. Scan went well all healthy and normal. Such a huge milestone for us! Very happy right now. x

Yay sporty. I'm glad and excited that your scan went well. :)

Fit - oh yeah I'm super stressed here too. I have sooooo much to do. I lay awake thinking about work at night. My housr is a mess. I'm excited to have found a me replacement at work. She starts her training at the end of sept. I'll carry on working till end of October. Then I'm kind of free. Whoop whoop.

I also just started to feel small kicks from my little girl. It makes me so happy to feel her :)

Hey ladies! How is everyone doing? Any updates or scan pics? I've been sick with a horrible cold (plus sinus infection and the beginnings of a double ear infection) for the last three weeks. I finished my last dose of antibiotics on Saturday and I think I'm finally better now. I have a little bit of a sniffle, but I think it's probably just a pregnancy symptom at this point because it's the only cold symptom I've had for 3-4 days now. Oh! And congestion is finally gone! Yayyy!

DH and I went in for my final ultrasound before switching to the midwife today. It was lvoely to see our little girl moving all over the place. Boy, has she GROWN! She was finally in a good position today to see her face, so the tech was able to check her hard palate and her lips, and everything is correctly and fully formed! They also were able to get the final images of her heart that they needed to make sure everything is good, and she looks PERFECT! Measuring one day ahead at 53rd percentile. They estimate her weight to be about 1lb7oz. I'm so happy!

PS: Congrats on the little kicks, Spud! They are the best feeling in the world!

11224314_906638826040678_1396267791455346137_n.jpg

11014911_906638859374008_5074121927095019017_n.jpg

Congrats on your great ultrasound Buny, gorgeous little girl you've got there!

Today is my v-day and DH finally got to see my belly jump when Thomas booted me last night. Usually Thomas hides as soon as DH comes to see/feel. :haha:

How is everyone doing? This thread is so quiet lately!

So great feeling movement make me smile every time!

Happy 24 weeks fit! V day!

Happy V-Day, Fit! And congrats to your dh seeing baby kick. :bunny:

Heather- Yay for lots of baby kicks! They're just the best things ever.

Buny - I love the scan photos. They are good ones.

Fit - Congratulations on V day.

Sporty - hi :)

Heather - Ugghh me tooo with the aches and pains.

AFm- I picked up my new buggy today - very exciting. I hope my daughter would like to go for a walk in it on Friday. I need to break it in. I may persuade her to go to the play park.
I'm counting down to V day - though Heather - I liked that snippet about the youngest baby to survive. It made me feel better.
I am feeling more prepared as I get things. I just ordered a second car seat for the inlaws car but it goes from birth to 50kg. My dd already has one. it's an awesome car seat. Though I think I will just hire a capsule specifically for a baby just before Christmas as I'll only need it for 5 months. I'll be going back to England for a few months next june.

Spring is finally here. i love Spring and summer. I'm enjoying the warmer weather already :)

I wonder who will be the first to pop? It won't be me....I was late with dd.

Glad your doing ok Spud and the weather is warming up. Its starting to get colder here.

21 weeks today this last week has flown by.

Oh my goodness I feel like I'm 8 months pregnant today. I'm so uncomfortable. My 'baby exit door' feels bruised, my stomach is heavy, pain on the side etc etc etc. Sorry I'm not complaining because I'm so grateful to be pregnant but I could have stayed in bed today.

I also read a story about a baby born at 23 weeks back in January. The baby was given a 1% chance of surviving birth.....but is now a healthy 8 month old baby (well 8 months on the outside).

I'm at the Mexican restaurant waiting for my takeaway. This baby wants Mexican food all the time.

Aw man, Spud. Now I really want Mexican food.... Sorry you're feeling crappy today. :(

Last night was my birthday and we had fondue at Melting Pot then went home and had a super custard filled donut (just like I had asked for) that DH had custom made and had to drive two hours to go get! It was so good! And he got me a new computer (a "Chromebook") since this one I'm on has been slowly dying for a while now. It randomly overheats/shuts down several times a day. DH has done what he can for it (he does computer stuff for a living), but he said the hardware is too old and fallen apart to fix- so I'm excited about this new computer. He's going to help me set it up when he gets home from work tonight! :bunny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->