January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

Oh! And today is V-Day for me, so it's an extra special birthday present! :D

Glad everyone is doing well! Just popping on to say all is well here also. Mr. E is very active!

I am having some terrible, horrible pain in my right side in what feels like my ribs. Could possibly be my gallbladder though, which terrifies me, so I am a bit anxious about it. Planning to ask my doctor about it at my appointment on Tuesday.

I would hate for it to be my gallbladder, but all I care about at this point is making the pain go away. I am tempted to let her do anything she wants to me. I read on the internet that someone's doc was once willing to give a numbing shot in the area and I am down for that at this point if I can get a bit of relief. I can't believe I just said that I WANT someone to stab me in the ribs with a needle. But I can't sleep with this pain!

Other than that, life is good!

Oh! Happy birthday, buny! Glad it was a good one! I love melting pot, but we don't have one nearby now that we live in Little Rock. :(

I'm gonna be in Tulsa in a few weeks and they have one there... maybe I can go. It sure sounds fantastic right now.

Buny - congratulations on your V day and your birthday. The custard doughnut sounds amazing and I think your hubby is awesome for driving to get it.

KD - Ugggg on right side pain. I hope it goes away. I have intermittent pain in my right side. The midwife said because it's intermittent it's probably not medically urgent (ha ha made me feel a lot better) and is probably caused by the baby. I had it when I was pregnant with dd too. And afterwards. I had a scan done when dd was about 7 months old on my gall bladder etc and it was clear.
This pregnancy I get it if I sit down at my desk all day and if I sleep on my right side. I am hoping it won't be too bad for the rest of this pregnancy because pain in the right side/ribs is not fun.
Is yours constant or does it come and go? The first time I had it this pregnancy it took four days to go away. I find stretching out and laying on my left helps. I hope they find out when it is for you. It's painful :-(

AFm - DD is sick. She has a fever and had a vomit this morning. She has gone back to sleep which is unusual for her because she's normally telling me to wake up and go downstairs at 5am. It's now 7am and she's still in bed alseep. My poor little girl.

It's V day for me. Yay. I'm so excited to be here.

What is everyone up to?
Do you have dates for maternity leave?

My dd was ill again at the end of last week with a fever and then she has been clingy and grumpy all weekend. I feel so sorry for her. She says she's not sick anymore and doesn't want pamol (child paracetamol) but she's just soooooo sad/upset/grumpy. If she doesn't get back to her usual self today (she's gone to playschool so I can work - I've told them to ring me if they think she needs to go home and I'll come and get her because dd comes first)...I'll take her to the doctors tomorrow just to rule anything out. But she says she's not in pain and she doesn't have a fever. I'm hoping she's just getting over her sickness or it's the twos.

Doctor Who series 9 started last night and I got to watch it as dd went to sleep about 10 minutes before it started :)

Kd- You feeling any better today? I hope you get to have a yummy dinner in Tulsa! Yay for an active baby!

Spud- Happy V-Day, hun! I'm going to check out the new Doctor Who episode tonight. I've been rewatching Torchwood this last week and loving it. Sorry your DD has been under the weather. Poor kiddo.

Nothing new to report here. Just sitting around watching today's football games. (I <3 football.) Baby has been kicking up a storm today after having a quiet day yesterday. I'm enjoying it.

Happy v day spud!

Am trying to work out maternity leave trying to take my left over annual leave first so I get X mas off!

Happy belated v-day Spud! Hope your DD is feeling better.

Hope you're feeling better too Kd, that pain doesn't sound fun at all.

Thanks for the reminder ladies - I'm going to have to arrange my mat leave too. I'm planning to use some vacay days and make December 23 my last day. I'd kind of like to work up until the end so I get more time with Thomas but my hospital is far from work so it seems too risky.

Last night I had a weird vibrating sensation in my lower right rib - it felt like a woodpecker drumming me but wasn't painful at all. It happened 7 separate times. Could it be Thomas?

Fit - I wonder what Thomas was doing to make the wierd sound lol. maybe he'll come out humming :)

AFM - I had my 24 week midwife appointment this morning. I asked the midwife if she will do delayed cord clamping and she tells me it's actually standard practise now here in New Zealand and has been for a few years. This made me feel better because it probably means dd had delayed cord clamping even though I didn't know about it back then.
We also heard baby's heartbeat and she was around 145bpm and I measured at 26cms (fundal height), gulp, so the midwife joked about a big baby. But then I looked at DDs measurements and she always measured ahead, until 32 weeks when I measured behind for the rest of the pregnancy.
She did say all the braxton hicks I've been getting is probably a sign that I've been doing too much and I should slow down. That's easier said than done with a toddler and a full time job that I have to fit into three days and a husband who works all the time, but it made me feel better about taking an early maternity leave. :)

I hope you are all well :)

Hey pretty mamas. How's everyone doing?

LO is kicking all day, every day now. She somehow is able to kick my stomach and punch my bladder at the same time. Eeeeek! Not comfortable.

I met with a lactation consultant last week to discuss treatment options for a congenital breast defect that I have. She confirmed that there's a good chance I won't be able to make much in the way of milk, but I already knew that. I had corrective surgery on one breast (the really bad side) over a decade ago and the doctor told me then. (The other breast looks normal enough, so the doc left it alone.) Anyway, I probably don't have any mammary glands in the one super-malformed breast, and the other breast is underdeveloped, so it's a real toss up if things will work for breastfeeding or not.

I'm on a bunch of meds and herbs for the rest of the pregnancy. Starting hand expression at 36 weeks, then pumping at 38. More herbs and meds after the birth, and then weighing the baby before and after every feed starting the third day after she's born. I posted the full plan over in my journal if anyone is interested. It's a little overwhelming, but when I break it down to a week by week schedule, it's not so bad.

How's everyone else doing? What have ya'll been up to? I know that most of you are over on the Snowdrops thread now, but it moves so fast I can't keep up. I love the little community we've made here.

Hi Buny! :hi:

Glad you ate doing well and your little one is being so active! Thomas has his days where he kicks non-stop and then his quieter days (I guess when he's having a growth spurt). But then I have an anterior placenta so I'm probably missing some of the more subtle movements.

Hopefully you'll be able to make breastfeeding work but all you can do is try. I plan to try as well but I won't beat myself up over it if it doesn't work out for some reason or another.

We started painting the nursery last night finally, yay! We have all the furniture but have to wait until our new floors arrive from Portugal (random, I know) before we can get it all in the nursery. The new flooring is going in the nursery, our bedroom and the den so it will be a lot of work that can't even be done until the end of November so I'm a bit nervous...but looking forward to the end result. :)

How is everyone else? We are so close to 3rd trimester!

Here is my 26 week bump pic - last night I was able to balance my cereal bowl on it and use it as a tray. :haha:

Attachments

• CYMERA_20150929_185223.jpg
    CYMERA_20150929_185223.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi Everyone

I like this thread/community as well and I was feeling sad yesterday because everyone seems to be over at the Snowdrop thread. I thought about joining the Snowdrops but I also like the smaller community. So I'm keen to keep posting here too :)

Buny - It sounds like you have a great plan for breastfeeding. I really hope it works for you but if it doesn't there are so many good formulas and bottles out there. With my first pregnancy I also hoped to breastfeed and I'm very lucky that I could. But I also went in with an open mind.
I admire you for putting in so much effort to do so too and I am keeping everything crossed for you.

Fit - what a cute bump pic. I just look soooooooo fat. It sounds like the nursery is coming along wonderfully.

I've had a stressful morning. My daughter didn't want to get dressed this morning and go to playschool. Then I feel terrribly guilty for making her get her clothes on and taking her to playschool. Our cat is sick (and old) so I had to take him to the vets. Then Work (which i was very late for but that's ok because I work for myself) has been stressful with things not running smoothly. So I feel a bit like a debbie downer.

I did buy a few baby things yesterday...

https://www.thesleepstore.co.nz/images/products/BT150S012_large.jpg

LM200S103_large.jpg

and

https://www.nappyheaven.co.nz/image/cache/data/JuDanzy/Covers/pinklace-300x300.jpg

And I am also trying to do a Real Food October. I have the glucose test coming up at 28 weeks so I don't want to fail it...

Fit- Cute bump, hun! I have this feeling that your nursery is going to be amazing; you are putting so much effort into it! Will you post pics once you have it all finished? I'm totally in nursery envy lately. We're staying in the RV for another year. DH has decided that he wants to spend a year travelling the US, showing off the LO to family and friends, and checking out possible places to settle permanently, so no nursery here.

Spud- Sorry you had a rough morning, hun. What's wrong with your kitty cat? Ours is felling under the weather today, as well. He got into a package of almonds that I had on my nightstand and he spent all night puking them up. :( He seems to be doing better now. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on him. I hope your little dude is feeling better soon, too. Oh! And I <3 that I Love to Dream swaddle that you got. I have one on my registry (aka: shopping list). If no one gets it for us, I'm definitely ordering it when we get our registry completion discount code.

AFM: I'm trying to work up the motivation to get through the boxes of baby things that arrived this AM. After the cat was sick through most of the late, late night/early morning, I was too exhausted to fall back asleep, so I ended up taking a couple Tylenol PM's early this morning. I'm still in a medicated haze. :dohh: At least I was able to sleep. It's been rough going with getting rested lately. At least the bed situation is sorted. We ended up returning the tempurpedic mattress and had a posturepedic delivered in its place. The posturepedic is definitely more comfortable, but I'm still having a rough time. Usually, you're only allowed to trade once if you don't like a bed, but they put a special not on the account that says we can trade for a second time if we need to once the baby is born, since (apparently) the mattresses that feel good during pregnnacy aren't always the ones that feel okay after.

Buny - My poor little moggy friend. We adopted him about 5 years ago. He was a neglected puss. We knew he was old then and he has been such a loving cat. Unfortunately I just found out he has renal failure and the vets recommend euthanasia. So it's a very upsetting day. I have taken him home and come back to work (just too much to do). When the time is here I will get the vet to our house to do it because I don't want Elvis to have the stress of going in a cage and in the car again.
I'm so upset :-(

How will I explain it to my 2 year old? When I had the mmc I told her the baby had gone to heaven and for months she talked about the baby flying in the sky in heaven (she came up with the flying in the sky bit).

Oh no, Spud! I'm so sorry. D: Are there no treatments available for it? :hugs:

There's dialysis but I don't think he should be put through that. He's about 15/16 years old. My uncle had dialysis for last two years of his life and then he chose to stop doing it because it was too much for him. Not that I'm comparing a cat and a person and their illnesses but I was shocked in how much my cat had deteriorated in just one morning. He was so good two days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"