January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

So sorry about the sick pets ladies. Really sorry you will have to put your kitty down Spud, but (and this is just my $.02) I think you're doing the right thing. One of our cats got very sick once and we opted for the lengthy treatment and eventually he did pull through but I honestly think he had a nervous breakdown from the prolonged treatment and the agony he was in - his personality completely changed and he was never the same sweet happy cat again. If I could do it over I would have let him go without any further pain or indignity. :hugs:

Buny, a nursery is nice but your plans to travel the US with baby sound pretty awesome too!! I will post pics of the nursery when it's complete though with our flooring schedule it probably won't be for 2 months.

Great buys Spud! We are going to be getting an Ergo 360 carrier and Ergo Swaddler soon, looking forward to that. :)

Aw, hun. I'm so sorry. What a sad time. :hugs: There's nothing wrong with comparing a furbaby's illness to a human's illness. People are able to express how treatment makes them feel, whereas our pets aren't as easily able to do so. If the treatment was too rough for your uncle, even with his human ability to understand why it was needed, I can definitely see how it would be too much for a kitty who can't understand what's happening. Not putting your little guy through all that suffering sounds like the most loving thing you can do. I know you'll find a way to explain it to your LO. Death is a hard fact of life to come to terms with, but our little animals, with their short but amazing lives, give us a real gift with their passing: they let us experience loss and allow us to become better at letting go. I'm sure you'll find a wonderful way to help your LO say goodbye. <3

Babymoon has been booked! Yayyyyy! <3 We're going to a B&B at the beginning of December. Nothing but good food, total relaxation, and quality cuddle time with DH for three full days. Breakfast and dinner in room, hitting up the hot springs (pregnancy-safe temp, of course), lounging around the warm fireplace, a movie marathon, and maybe a couple's massage before we head home- I'm so looking forward to this!

Anyone else have any babymoon plans?

That sounds great Buny! Normally babymoons don't appeal to me (some of them sound way too exhausting for a heavily pregnant woman) but yours sounds like it will be relaxing and enjoyable.

No babymoon for me sadly - with our renovations we have way too much to do and are spending too much as it is. But our 6 year anniversary is on November 7th so I imagine we'll go for a nice dinner at least.

Happy 27 weeks, Fit, and happy third tri!! How are you feeling? An anniversary dinner sounds lovely. Where do you think you'll go? <3 DH and I won't be doing much for out anniversary since it's a week before the baby's due date (Jan 1) and I have a feeling I'm not going to be up for much. I guess we may go out to dinner if the weather isn't toot terribly bad, but we usually have a bunch of snow on the ground and I'm not looking forward to waddling around in it at term. :haha:

Heather- I hear ya. We didn't get to have a honeymoon for the same reasons. How are you feeling lately? I'm not sure if I said happy v-day or not the other day, so happy v-day! :bunny:

Hope everyone is well.

V day for me! Cant believe we made it here. x

Happy V-Day, Sporty! How are things going? Do you and your DH have any fun plans for when he gets back in town for the weekend? I know what you mean about not being able to believe how far you are. Today is third tri for me and I never thought I'd be here right now- not after the last few years. I'm so incredibly overjoyed. Our little rainbow babies are so amazing. Congrats again on V-day. :flow:

Thanks. Yes it seems that our rainbow babies are doing well and before long will be here with us!
I am working on Saturday so hopefully we can do something nice Sunday.
Do you have any weekend plans? x

Happy v-day Sporty and happy third tri Buny!! It's so amazing that we're here after our losses. <3

Buny not sure where we're going for our anniversary yet. We have several gift cards so may just cheap out and use one of them. :haha: We took an awesome trip to Whistler for our 5th anniversary last year (where our angel was conceived!) so I don't feel bad that we're not doing anything exciting.

Maybe for yours if the weather is bad you can order in and have something tasty at home. :)

DH's birthday is 3 days before my due date and somehow I don't think we'll be making any big plans for that either.

I know I haven't posted in a while, but not much has gone on in the baby department with me, except reaching V day, 3rd tri now, and down to double digits.

We found out DH has a heart condition, it could be either temporary or affect him his whole life. He was rushed to the hospital from his doctors office, and we were recently handed the bill, over $1,000 we owe thanks to the oh so lovely US health care.

So now we don't have much money to buy Claire any nursery stuff, we still haven't even started painting or arranging the nursery, though I am a bit hesitant anyway, despite making it this far, in my mind there is still plenty of time for something to go wrong :( It just seems unreal to me.

As far as bumps go, mine is still on the small side I feel, I don't think I have grown much at all since week 24, even though my mw says I am measuring right on target. I do have a bit of a long torso, if that would make a difference.

https://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/12106999_10201164481590746_6508475330449518809_n_zpssndilwh1.jpg

Happy third tri fit buny and lock :) happy v day sporty and Heather :)

Lock - I'm sorry to hear about DHs heart condition. I'm glad it's been discovered so it can be treated.
I know it's nice to set up a nursery but Claire will only notice the love and care of her family rather than a new nursery. Big hugs x x x

I'm on my phone and can't remember who wrote what. Sorry. For those having a babymoon have a great time. I think it's a lovely idea. I'm just hoping dh will get some time off so we can spend it together.
I guess we'll be going to see DHs aunt as it's just been discovered she has a brain tumour. She lives in the big town (lol) three hours drive away. We were going to go anyway for some shoe shopping at some point but now dh is a bit scared to go.

Afm - my bump is huge. I'm so uncomfortable already. I swear I wasn't this uncomfortable this early with dd. But it's all for good :) I don't mind if I am a week early either. I'd be happy if baby is born from 3rd or 4th jan onwards. I don't think I'll be early so I'm not worried about Xmas to new years. But new years is dhs busiest work time. I don't normally see him for about a week lol but he says he's not worried if baby us born then. Baby is more important.

It's my birthday in dec. I'm just expecting to be trying to do as little as possible by then. It'll be hot here. I'll be hot and fat lol. I'll try to wallow in the lake like a hippo or a whale :)

Happy third tri!! :happydance:

I'll try to catch up on posts in the next couple days. This week has been crazy getting ready to go out of town for DH's work function. He has business meetings for a week and a half straight, and we leave tomorrow night. We'll be out in SF for 12 days (where we both used to live, so it's not actually as exciting as it sounds). I'm hoping that I'll get to visit with friends while out there, but a horrible cold/flu thing has been sweeping through there the last couple weeks and my two best friends both have it! :cry: If I wasn't pregnant, it wouldn't be a huge deal, but I'm not going to risk getting sick again at this point. They just came down with it over the last few days, so there's a good chance I won't get to see them. Everyone who's gotten it so far has been sick for 2-3 weeks.

Happy 3rd tri Spud and sorry about your husband's aunt. That's right, I keep forgetting you're getting into summer where you are. Staying comfy in the lake sounds like a great idea!

Have a great time in SF Buny, sorry about your friends having the flu though.

DH got either kicked or elbowed in the forehead and nose by Thomas last night, too funny. He squirmed non stop yesterday, hope he doesn't stay still all day now and freak Mommy out - that seems to be his pattern.

Happy 3rd tri!!!

GTT for me tomorrow, not looking forward to it :nope:

We have all been so quiet!

How is everyone doing?! I can't believe I am less than a month from my due date!!!!!

Kd - we have all been very quiet. Gosh you could have a baby in a few weeks. I have a friend who had her first at 37 weeks and her second at 38 weeks. I just know I'll get to 40 weeks because I did with dd but I keep thinking that in 3 weeks I could have my new baby here.

Ive just started to read a hypnobirthing book. It promises childbirth without pain. I certainly hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->