January Blizzards - 2016 Rainbows

I'm really sorry you are having to go through that buny, can't imagine how disappointing and frustrating it all must be, but I had hospital births with knowledgeable and very kind midwives and had zero intervention from them. DS and DD2S birth were really wonderful and I definitely don't regret it. Hope it gets sorted. Also remember you have the power to say no to anything and always ask questions about everything going on.

So ladies, Claire Violet was born after 25 hrs of labor, but only 5 mins of pushing (hallelujah) on 1/2/2016 at 9:58 am 7lbs 12oz and 21 inches long. She's doing really well and nursing so good. I'll upload pics as soon as we're home as I'm having trouble uploading from my phone

Congratulations lock. I hope to see a photo of Claire soon.

BuNY - I really feel for you going through this right now. I'm glad your dh was there and can back you up.

I've finally settled at home with my 2 other LO's. So happy to be home again! DD is so thrilled to have her sister home.

Enjoy some baby pics ladies, and hope to hear more news from the rest of the group soon. Looking forward to seeing everyone's babies :flower:
https://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/995311_10201419980698064_3187812373845880593_n%201_zpsujqxjplg.jpghttps://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/156263_10204540026934855_7458496580284263752_n_zpsc7snbnxu.jpghttps://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/1511436_10201419981058073_6256797711305032764_n_zpsdj1lzesl.jpghttps://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/10599136_10201417433474385_4496602736728111171_n_zpsdco3wjvl.jpg

Lock - Claire is beautiful. I hope you are getting some sleep.

I just want my baby to be here now.

Any news ladies?

Due date is tomorrow but no signs for me apart from slightly painful bh for 5 days.

I have a sweep on Tuesday at 40+1.

I've managed to develop gestational hypertension with all the stress lately, so I'm getting induced. They started me on Cytotec last night. My cervix hadn't really started doing anything at all yet, so they said it might take a few days.

Still working on induction. Finally made it to 4cm, so started Pitocin today. Hopefully baby arrives tonight or tomorrow.

Good luck Buny, hope you get to meet Baby Girl soon!!

I'm still hanging out at 5 days overdue and counting. They won't even start induction until the 14th (Thursday) and they're doing a Pessary so it could take up to 5 days, so I'll be around awhile I suspect. :coffee:

Was supposed to have a sweep on Friday but couldn't as Thomas's head has moved further up instead of down. I am about 2 cm dilated and my cervix is soft and all the way forward, plus I've been bouncing on the ball all weekend, taking long walks and having sex with DH so I'll find out tomorrow if any of these things helped when they attempt another sweep.

Fit - I hope you go into labour soon. It sounds like you are being very proactive.

I have to admit I'm keen to get this baby out but I've been lazy in my efforts. With Dd I went into labour four days over (born +5).

I have a sweep tomorrow. It's amazing how getting my vag out on a normal day is intimidating but when in labour/pain with dd I didn't care who checked out my hoo hah.

I also have a bit of a chest infection and feel terrible. Standing up too long makes me dizzy. I know it's the same for you ladies too (as in various types of discomfort ).
I just want to lay down all day. Can I have a waiter too to bring me whatever I need please.

Oh god I'm watching TV and they have lots of food on it. I'm so hungry for food I don't have in my house.

Sorry I disappeared, ladies.

Congrats on a beautiful girl, lock!!!

Thinking of you, buny! Good luck today!!!

Looks like I was right about an early baby! Our sweet boy arrived on 12/23 at 9:32pm after exactly 24 hours in labor. 7lbs 4oz and 20.75 inches. I say "labor" but my water broke and contractions never started. I ended up having to get pitocin, so I got an epidural (and I'm glad I did because I ended up with a second degree tear that I don't think I would have wanted to feel!). We both had quite a fever after the long labor, but all is well. Our only issue was some pretty bad jaundice that required an extra night in the hospital. And our pediatrician continued to follow his bilirubin levels for over a week because it shot back up after we left the hospital. I'm surprised they didn't readmit him. He is only now starting to look a lot less yellow. But perfectly healthy other than that! Anyway, here he is! Hoping everyone else gets to meet their sweet boy or girl soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 3
It only lets me do one photo at a time from my phone, so here is one more!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 3
Side note, breastfeeding is no walk in the park! He was great at the hospital and then it fell to pieces when we got home. We had to make a special appointment with the lactation consultant to try and get sorted out. It took a few days after that, but we have definitely got it down now! I just expected it to be so easy and it wasn't. I really panicked for a while because we did not plan on doing formula and we ended up having to supplement for several days because we were really struggling. I can't remember if this is anyone else's first baby, but for those of you that are having your first, just stick with it if it gets tough. You'll get through it eventually! Just hang in there. And I'm always here if you need to vent because I remember how utterly frustrated I was!

My induction failed yesterday and they started over from the beginning again today. I went from 4cm/80% yesterday morning, back to 1cm/0% yesterday evening. They restarted the induction super early this AM, and let me sleep through the first couple doses of Cytotec. They gave me meds to help me sleep and I got 10 hours. I'm back to about 3cm/10%, but not progressing very quickly. I've had 4 doses of Cytotec today. They can only do 6 doses per induction attempt before either giving up or starting Pitocin. Pitocin is only started if I'm far enough effaced. We'll find out very early tomorrow morning if I can retry it or not.

Buny - I hope you're snuggling your little one. I hope it all went well.

Kd - sorry to hear about your bf troubles. I am glad you have them sorted now though. Bf isn't easy.

Seren Eloise is here. I had a good birth. I was at hospital but did it only with gas and air in the birth pool. Seren was born in her amniotic sac which is seen as very lucky and on 16.01.16.
The start of labour dragged on for days and my midwife thinks that her being born with the cord around her neck was the reason it took a long time to get going. I'm very happy I didn't have my waters broken to start active labour.

Active labour was short. It was only 4 to 5 hours long and pushing only took 10 minutes. I had her in the birth pool. She's 24 hours old now and is doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->