January & February Beans 2021

Hey guys! Just wanted to add the pictures like I said I would! There's like a bazillion so im only adding 5 lol

1-380.jpg 1-408.jpg 1-427.jpg 1-359.jpg 1-350.jpg

I love them!!! You look beautiful!

I had my 30 week appointment yesterday and everything looked good for the most part. They are having me do the 3 hour gd test again. My result was 135 and they want 135 or under. Since it’s so close to being over and apparently I’m measuring 2 weeks ahead, they want me to do it again. I’m bummed, but I’ve done it with the other 2 so it’s not a huge deal. I did my maternity pictures this weekend and I’m so excited to see them. It felt nice to dress up as I haven’t did my hair or dressed up in months because I’ve had nowhere to go. Lol I also treated myself and ordered the cutest mommy and me set for the hospital. I’ll add a pic...it’s not me in the pic. Also, my work surprised me with a baby shower and pitched in for our stroller/car seat. It’s so sweet!

6BBF6289-F379-4831-8055-F50623491716.jpeg

Oh that’s so cute Jules I love the outfits. Sorry about redoing the GD test, those are the worst! So nice of your work to help out with those things.

Jules the matching outfits are super adorable! Im sorry they're making you do the 3 hour one gd test! I finally went from measuring ahead to right on track this appointment so who knows maybe I won't have a massive baby like they're saying lol

My levels were much higher with the girls so I’m sure it’s fine, I also think if I had gd I would be having other issues...but then again you never know. They’ll also be able to tell if he’s actually big at my ultrasound the day after. The “ahead” measurements are just from my belly size.

How’s everyone everyone feeling overall now? I feel like I could always eat and take a nap. Lol

Jules well thats good, fingers crossed you don't have it this time! I feel like belly measurements can for sure be off. When is your appointment?

As for me yeah I've been EXHAUSTED. I was actually just telling my husband I had hoped the third trimester sleepies wouldn't have caught me until December but the last few days I've been needing/wanting a midday nap and still sleeping plenty at night.... to be fair though the night sleep is deffinately half assed because I just can't get comfortable.

Feeling you guys on the hunger and sleep :rofl: I feel like a bottomless pit - which is probably why I always gain the most weight in the last 6 weeks #-o

I’ve been napping every day this past week when my boys go down. 2pm hits and I’m done :haha:

Saw my midwife today for final blood work and to check on my urine since I finished my antibiotics for that UTI. Booked my last ever appointment with them in December. Crazy how quick time is going. I have 2 appointments with the doctor and 1 with the midwives and then it’s baby time.

I’m definitely enjoying these last few weeks though. I know the crying is coming :shock: Those first few months postpartum are rough, I’ve never had enough time between kids to fully forget :rofl: I’m thankful the baby is coming so close to the holidays because my husband should have some time off work.

I cant believe how close you are. It still feels like I have forever to go lmao!!! I have totally forgotten just how rough it is... I do however remember crying in the kitchen at one point with collin just feeling so overwhelmed and like I was the biggest failure. Soooooo kind of hoping I dont turn into that big of a mess again, though im sure it'll happen at least once in the first three months.

I did a boatload of cleaning today and I cant even lie I'm pretty proud of myself with how much I got done.

Sander-That is so excitingggg!!!!! I’m glad everything cleared up, UTI’s are the worst. Both my kids sleep in our room and it’s so tight, I keep remembering that I will be adding a screaming baby all night to the mix. All I have to say is that I better be getting lots of coffee gift cards for Christmas. Lol

Lisa- Oh, the hormone drop and exhaustion in the first few weeks is the worst. I remember bawling so much after my girls were born. That’s great you got so much done! Nesting has definitely kicked in with me too. I have all my Christmas shopping done for the most part and deep cleaned my work office...next is our playroom and closets. Being due so close to the holidays is making me want everything done so we can just enjoy things. I also think that there’s that little thing in the back of my head reminding me that my last baby came earlier unexpected and we had nothing done. I’m hoping it doesn’t, but there’s always a chance.

Oh man 3 kids in one room Jules that’s busy! We tend to kick the kids out as soon as possible :rofl: I always get super mad at DH at some point during the first week lol. It’s always cause he has those useless nipples and I’m feeling exhausted from all night breastfeeding :haha: I already told him - don’t forget that I’m gonna get mad at you, just remember I’ll have crazy hormones and you have to be nice to me haha

My kids were driving me so crazy today. I don’t know why, but my 2 year old is pushing his boundaries so bad. They nap together in the same room, and my 2yr old kept the 1yr old awake for the whole 2 hours so they were extra cranky and miserable all day. I’m just dying for this day to be over!!

Wine soon right guys? :rofl:

I’ve been craving alcohol alllllll week. It’s definitely a whole bottle of wine kinda week. Lmao Our house has a weird setup because it’s old. The house wasn’t built with a bathroom so the bathroom and what is now the playroom was the downstairs bedroom and upstairs was the master with a sitting room/study. The girls have the study and we have the master, but it’s connected. Luella needs the crib and it doesn’t fit in the other room so she’s in our room til she can sleep in a regular bed...hopefully soon. Emma usually comes in to sleep once my husband goes to work at 1am. I’m too tired at that point to care.

Oh how weird Jules! I don’t think our house originally had a bathroom either but obviously it did when we bought it haha. You guys were considering moving at some point weren’t you? At least it’s working for now, as long as y’all are sleeping that’s the important thing :haha:

We were, but right now it’s just not in the cards financially. We love the area where we live, but the houses cost soooo much like $500,000 to $2,000,000. It’s all big houses and farms so we’re lucky our rent is so reasonable plus even though the house is small, we have so much outside space.

Jules I'm glad im not the only one lmao. Man I would love a drink. Its weird how I didn't realize that and shopping were my true stress relief techniques until both were taken away from me with quarantine and pregnancy. Now I just take lots of baths and don't feel any less stressed because at least one kid always walks in or pounds on the door. And usually just to talk. Lol its not like they're exactly little either. They're 5 and 10... they should know to at least knock but noooooo. The minute they sense I'm trying to get some peace they come to sniff me out. :help:also, I feel the being too tired to stop it. Collin usually crawls in my bed around 6 am and falls back asleep until its time to get up at 730. I wonder how that will work out once the baby is here lol.

Happy 33 weeks Sander! Though I think im late again lol. You excited/nervous? Almost the one month countdown for you!

Thanks Lisa! I was actually doing really well until yesterday - I found out our hospital doesn’t allow spouses in the operating room at all. It’s sending my anxiety through the roof - I have a real fear of hospitals/surgery and I got through it ok last time because DH was there and talked me through the whole thing, but imagining doing it all by myself is terrifying. Not to mention heartbreaking that he won’t be able to see the birth of his own child. I don’t even know what to do. It makes me not want to go through with a section - but I’m at a risk of surgery anyways if I have a natural delivery and with much worse long term consequences. And I don’t know - like will they even let him stay with me? By December I’m expecting the stupid Covid thing to be full on out of control. I’m not even a candidate for a home birth because it would be a VBAC. So I literally can’t avoid the hospital.

I dunno guys it’s just been really awful I didn’t realize this was a possibility. I have a doctors appointment on Thursday that maybe I can ask about options. Like if he gets tested the day before maybe they’ll let him come? It’s all very upsetting :sad2:

Oh my goodness. Sander I am so sorry. I would be the same way. When I had to get put under for my D&c last year they had to pump me full of anti-anxiety meds because I was seriously freaking out. I dont know where you are but they have rapid tests in some areas so he could even get tested the morning of if they have it. Im sorry you can't have a home birth either, I really dont know what I would do if I were in your situation. SOOOOO many hugs your way. :hugs:

Thanks Lisa :hugs:

After all that my midwife clinic posted an update on their Facebook that said spouses were allowed in the OR, so I actually don’t know what’s accurate since the hospital’s site still says no. I mean, I would assume the midwives know because they’re generally there every day - so I’m really hopeful that’s the case. I’ll talk to the doctor on Thursday and get more info, but I feel like I’m just going to be a big ball of anxiety about it until the day. We’re in Ontario and things are changing all the time here, but they’re projecting things to get a lot worse as we move farther into winter so I worry a lot about restrictions etc. Luckily our town hasn’t been hit too badly, so hoping that stays the case.

Anyways. I thought it would be a fun thing to buy a fish for my son - then things went out of hand and I ended up with like $200 worth of aquarium supplies and I’ve promptly killed all the fish :dohh: Sooooo now I’m trying to learn how to be a fish keeper and apparently it’s extremely complicated and much harder to keep a fish alive than a child :rofl:

Thread crashing to say @Jules8 we have 3 kids in 1 room (bunk beds and then another single bed) and we are transitioning our toddler in too (boys will share bottom bunk) so we’ll have 4 kids in one room and a baby in our room. We were house hunting before covid hit and now we have to wait until DH can work again... it actually works out way better than it sounds, only issues is if a kid wakes up another kid very early or in the middle of the night.

hugs mamas!

I don’t think it’s ok for them to restrict husbands or your 1 support person. I get why they had to do it before, but with rapid tests it can be done the day before or that morning now. That’s what they do for procedures in the hospital right now, I’m trying hard not to stress, but things are shutting down fast again here. Most schools are closing for a few weeks and returning to virtual, indoor dining(that was limited) is being switched back to take out only, and they said in my state they’re adding some stuff tomorrow. It’s hard because we don’t have local people to watch the girls and with Michael not being able to leave then come back I might have to stay alone after the birth til I’m discharged so he can take care of them. Last time I was there 4 days. I wish I could do a home birth, but I’m high risk and we’re not super close to the hospital if I need to go. I’m just taking things day by day and praying hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"