January & February Beans 2021

Had my growth scan yesterday, baby measured on track and was between 5 and 5.5lbs. I think they say they gain about 1/2lb/week at this point? So if that’s accurate he’ll be roughly 6.5-7lbs which is a touch smaller than my other boys - but he’ll also be born earlier. Putting in the car seat today!

@Sander thats so exciting! I cant wait to put in the carseat but I really want to get my car detailed first... (there's soooooo much dog hair all over it) I've been throwing out hints to hubby about it and I'm really hoping he has been paying attention :haha:

We have to clean our car too and get my 2 year old a new car seat. I wasn’t going to turn her around, but her rear facing convertible seat is just way too big. I sure hope we can get the infant seat in once we switch it out. SUV’s are not as big as they make them seam! Lol I wish we could afford to trade it in for a mini van...never thought I’d say that.

Sanders- I can’t believe you’re 35 weeks! Time seems to be flying again.

Happy December!!! It’s hard to believe our babies will start making their appearance this month!

Woo for December! I know it’s crazy to think it’s baby month - somehow our group shrunk to just the 3 of us lol, but I think a few on the front page must be delivering this month too.

I crammed all 3 car seats into the car a couple days ago - it barely works but it does work :rofl: The car seats definitely aren’t going anywhere they’re packed so close together lol.

I also packed the hospital bag today - hoping I didn’t forget anything! Baby clothes are washed and put away. Just have to do one more big Costco run and finish this house and we’ll be home free :haha: My aunt is coming to do the last of our painting on Monday so that’s the end date for the renovations. So excited for it to be over!!

How are you guys doing?

Sander-Sounds like you’re ready to go!

I have to take back the play yard my in-laws got then using the money to finish off the rest of the stuff we need, including the pack and play we asked for. Gotta love when you’re super specific then people buy the exact opposite.lol Then I have to go through clothes we have for him and wash the smaller sizes we do have. I still need to grab more or else he’s gonna end up wearing girl stuff. Other than that I’m just getting work stuff wrapped up then I’m good to go. I dropped off my fmla paperwork so it’s starting to feel so close! Pregnancy wise it’s getting harder. His movements are so big and strong, my back is sore, the lightning crotch is real, and Braxton Hicks are happening here and there. Overall I feel good though.

Hey guys!
Sander thats so exciting. I still can't believe how close you are!! I feel like I still have an eternity.

Jules I totally understand the frustration there lol. I haven't really had any Braxton hicks or anything, the only annoying symptom I have right now is the heartburn and being tired all the time again.

I feel like the last two weeks have kind of been a fog for me... I feel like I haven't really accomplished anything. We're supposed to move out this weekend but I haven't really gotten anything together... luckily if I'm being lazy we technically have until like the 18th to be out so I still have time to clean and such.
I really hate that we're moving out so close to Christmas. I feel like its kind of ruining the season for me.

Lisa- Don’t be so hard on yourself, moving is hard enough. Add in being super pregnant with other kids during a holiday season and everything else going on. I can totally understand the frustration. I know someone who just moved and she put the tree up before unpacking just to add some holiday cheer while they unpack and do everything else. Take your time and do your best, it will get done.

Oh man moving is the WORST!! DH and I moved 5 times in 4 years before we bought this house. Only one of those times was with a baby! One was enough, lol. When do you get possession of your new place? Maybe you can set up a few things there to feel more homey even while moving.

Jules exciting to be washing baby clothes! Are a lot of your girl’s clothes more gender neutral or not really? I find even with boy stuff it’s still very ‘boy’ - like lots of trucks and monsters and dinosaurs etc. I’d imagine it’s worse with pink! Not that it really matters, but I’m sure you’re excited to go shopping for boy clothes! I’d love to set foot in the girl department :haha:

Had my last doctor’s appointment today. She said DH will be allowed both in the OR and to stay with me the whole hospital stay - and that it wouldn’t change even if Covid gets worse in our area. Which was a huge giant relief!! Anyways I feel like I can breathe now. She also said she guesses based on the growth scan baby will be about 8lbs - which I think is huge if he’s being born at 38 weeks! But I guess no one really knows until they’re born

We actually did put the tree up before anything else! Lol it was needed, especially since I avoided decorating for Halloween or Thanksgiving because I didn't want to have to repack everything.

@Sander oh my gooodnesssss only two more weeks for you!!! Thats so crazy and exciting! How are you feeling?

I know!! So crazy I can barely believe it. I’m feeling good thanks! Still napping a lot, the exhaustion has been the hardest thing about this pregnancy so can’t complain. Actually with both my other boys my pelvis would lock up overnight and getting out of bed in the morning was super painful - I didn’t get that this time! So that’s been awesome haha

We’re going to go to Costco soon to buy a bunch of premade meals we can stick in the freezer - sorry if I’ve written that already, I never remember what I’ve already posted lol. Other than that, just last day of painting tomorrow and Reno’s are done!!! Then we can relax for a couple weeks before he comes :)

How are you guys doing? Getting excited? Nervous?

@Sander lol its okay if you've posted it before. My baby brain is so bad right now im sure you could say it three more times and it'd be like I never heard it before. :haha: I feel like I still have forever left. I think I'm feeling nervous, excited, but mostly impatient. I know I'll be sad when I'm not pregnant anymore and won't get to experience his little kicks but I'm just so ready to meet him.

I will actually probably go to Costco to buy some stuff before I deliver too. Or at the very least I'll make a bunch of freezer meals so I don't have to think about dinner for a while.

I've got my ultrasound in two hours so I'm just waiting for that!!!

Sanders- 2 weeks?! So hard to believe, this has been the fastest and slowest year ever. Lol

Lisa- I hope the move is going well. So exciting you get to peek in on your little guy!

I feel good. There’s part of me that’s super ready and part of me that’s not. I feel like once I start wrapping things up at the house and work I’ll feel better, but trying not to stress out about it. I wish I had a deep freezer so we could stash meals, but I did ask for an instant pot so at least I can make some quick meals.

@Jules8 yes I love my instapot! They're so convenient.

Ultrasound went GREAT. placenta has moved, little bean is head down. Lol however our fluid is a little low (was the same way with Collin so I know what to expect) well be doing another ultrasound at 36 weeks to check the fluid again. If it goes lower then it'll probably move to weekly NSTs like it was with Collin. This little bean is welll.... not so little lol. He's measuring at about 34 weeks and 5lbs. My ob asked if I was ready for a 9 pounder....I was like uh, as ready as one can be :rofl:

I'm just relieved I'm back in the running for a vaginal delivery! I'm gonna do some more packing around the house today though. I'm hoping to be done with the moving and packing stuff by Thursday or Friday.

Oh man I wish we had a deep freeze too. We were going to buy one on Black Friday but it didn’t happen.

Yay for placenta moving Lisa!! That’s awesome news. Sorry about the scary size lol, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of those being right if that helps :haha:

We finished the painting today! Our house is finally done, hard to believe. I’m just so happy it’s over lol. Here’s a before and after of our living room - you can see where the ceiling used to be and how much better it is now!

1B941A51-8604-4EC8-9990-F56B91C314D4.jpeg 3DE59AD7-2976-4BFE-85F0-069FBAA120ED.jpeg

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been MIA the last few months been so busy with everything that I just didn't even think of this forum. Can't believe you only have 2 weeks to go sanders. Makes my 7 weeks feel like an eternity.

Everything is going fine with me tho. Mostly finished up working last week, still doing one job but I think the belly will get in the way very soon (car seat installs) heaps of braxton hicks so hoping my body will be more prepared a bit earlier this time.

What and when are yous all doing to help labour start a bit earlier?
Epo, raspberry leaf tea ect.

Lisa- I’m so glad your appointment and ultrasound went well!

Sander- It looks great!!

Rollachi k- Glad to hear everything is going good! I tried a few things with my first, not sure if anything worked because I was induced at 39+6. However, I was 6cm when I went in so maybe it helped. I used clary sage, nipple stimulation, dtd, and bounced on my ball. I would get super strong Braxton Hicks that would last about an hour then fizzled. I also ate dates and will again, they taste good and is supposed to help with labor so why not. I didn’t start trying to move things along til I was 38 weeks. I was induced at 36 weeks with my second so I didn’t have to do anything. Lol

afm- I had my 34 week appointment today. Everything went good. BP was excellent, baby boys heart rate was good, and didn’t gain weight. They are starting to restrict things again because of Covid. No one is allowed to come with me and I have to wait in my car til it’s my turn. I’m not trying to rush things along, but I’m hoping they don’t start putting crazy restrictions at the hospital.

Oh wow that sounds horrible all the restrictions you guys have in place due to covid.
I'm pretty lucky being in New Zealand we are basically covid free so don't have and restrictions, just encoraged to track where we go incase of another outbreak so they can try and lockdown things quick again.

The house looks awesome sander!! I bet its such a relief to finally be done!

Hey rolla! Im actually not doing anything. Though I still have 8 weeks. I feel oddly patient at this point lol. Im sure once January hits I'll start feeling the need to get him out. Right now I'm just soaking in all the kicks and hiccups. Its hard to believe this will be our last little one.

Oh Jules im glad your blood pressure is still being good! I keep thinking we'll shut down again but our governor sucks and is too afraid to shut us down despite our outrageous numbers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->