January/ February Snowflakes 2024

Baby is so low today and keeps jabbing me in the cervix

@josephine3 great scan pics, I'm glad it went well. Seeing everyones pics is getting me extra excited for my first scan Thursday.

Might have 2 close together as I can book a private gender scan at 14 weeks.

Urgh!! I threw up for the first time this pregnancy last night. Felt horrid after dinner then woke at 1am with pain in the top of my stomach where it had sat. Hope to god it was a one off. I’ll be devastated to get through the first tri to start getting full on sickness in the 2nd. Never had this with with any of my others. This pregnancy is so different to all my others. Also still waiting to feel some movements. I’d felt them by now with my younger two but not felt anything so far with this one. It’s gonna start to worry me if I get to 17 weeks and still not felt anything.

Hope you don't start getting sick @Laurabub84 and that you feel that movement soon!
Ivs only thrown up fully twice so far but I felt sooooo much better afterwards!

Urgh!! I threw up for the first time this pregnancy last night. Felt horrid after dinner then woke at 1am with pain in the top of my stomach where it had sat. Hope to god it was a one off. I’ll be devastated to get through the first tri to start getting full on sickness in the 2nd. Never had this with with any of my others. This pregnancy is so different to all my others. Also still waiting to feel some movements. I’d felt them by now with my younger two but not felt anything so far with this one. It’s gonna start to worry me if I get to 17 weeks and still not felt anything.

Oh no I hope it was just a one off! Do you know what position your placenta is in? Maybe it's anterior and that's why you haven't felt it yet. Mine is fundal anterior this time which explains why I'm only feeling lower down movements so far and even then not regularly. I've always had posterior in my other pregnancies so I hope it doesn't affect movement too much.

What point did you all tell family/friends? X

Two of my SIL's at like 4 weeks because they're close friends and knew about us ttc for years. I told my DH parents at 7.5 weeks, mine at 9.5 weeks (we live in different countries but went on holiday with them at 9.5 weeks). Everyone else we told after the 12 week scan.

@Laurabub84 ah that's suck. I hope it was just a one off. I had an anterior placenta with my first and felt her at 14 weeks a few times, then nothing until 19.5 weeks. It was a bit nerve wracking, I was worried how my anatomy scan would go but right after I got home I felt her kick and saw it from the outside.

@josephine3 I told my parents at 8 weeks, a few more close family members after I heard the heartbeat at 10.5 and I'll likely announce to everyone else after my scan tomorrow at 12 weeks.

Hope you don't start getting sick @Laurabub84 and that you feel that movement soon!
Ivs only thrown up fully twice so far but I felt sooooo much better afterwards!

What point did you all tell family/friends? X

I think it’s down to my reflux. I have it so bad today now after last night. Haven’t dared to eat yet. I’ve just taken one of my tablets so hoping it will help give me some relief soon.

When it comes to telling people we’ve never kept it quiet until now really. I’ve never been superstitious about waiting until 12 weeks but with the mmc last year I did want to keep it to ourselves until the first scan because I worried about others reactions to a 6th baby and I didn’t want all the negative comments to burst my happy bubble. I got to around 7 weeks I think and I couldn’t hide it because of the morning sickness. My children were wondering why I wasn’t eating meals and we see both out parents daily so I couldn’t hide it. Wish I had tho at least with the children because it was horrible having to tell them that baby had passed away. My 13 year old broke her heart over it and begged us to try again for another. Also for the first time my mum wasn’t happy about it and her reaction really upset me. This time I wanted to do the same but I had to have my reassurance scan moved forward because I spent a night in a lot of pain and was almost hysterical because i was convinced I’d lost the baby. I had to get up to the epu within half an hour so I had no choice but to tell his parents because we needed them to watch Ollie, and I felt i couldn’t keep it from my mum when his parents knew so told her. My sister found out because she works in the hospital and saw my name come up that day on her computer which was annoying, but they were the only ones that knew until my 12 weeks scan. I kept it from my dad because he’s awful at keeping quite about things and I didn’t want to risk the kids finding out until we knew baby was ok this time. I did find out after his sister let slip that his mum had told her despite us asking her not to, which again was annoyed about because with Ollie she was told and then she told our nephews so they knew about it before my children did and I was quite upset about that. I wanted my girls to have been the first to know after our parents. But this time we did manage to keep it quite from everyone else and it was nice to have the scan photo to show this children this time. I would just say tell people when your ready to hun

Oh no I hope it was just a one off! Do you know what position your placenta is in? Maybe it's anterior and that's why you haven't felt it yet. Mine is fundal anterior this time which explains why I'm only feeling lower down movements so far and even then not regularly. I've always had posterior in my other pregnancies so I hope it doesn't affect movement too much.

No, I’m quite annoyed with myself that I didn’t ask at the scan what position the placentas in. I was just so relieved to see the baby was alive and well it didn’t enter my mind. I looked back in my notes and it doesn’t say on there either so I guess I’ll have to wait for my 20 week scan to find out. I haven’t had chance to use my Doppler for over a week so I really want to have a listen later for some reassurance. My kids and their friends are constantly in and out during the day so I don’t get chance for some privacy

@Teanna good luck for your scan tomorrow. Wow 12 weeks already, that’s gone so fast compared to how times gone with my own, lol

Hey ladies mind if I join the discussion? I'm not due till April 5th but the due date thread for us only has two people in it really, so we're waiting for more ladies to join.

This is just an idea but what if we started making a thread for the entire year? That way everyone who gets pregnant within that year can join the discussion? Just an idea I doubt anyone would actually do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->