January/ February Snowflakes 2024

It's really rude for strangers to assume that it is twins. I myself have a twin sister, and my husband had a twin brother before his twin brother died in April. So, even though I know first-hand how much of a blessing being a twin can be, I was also terrified at the thought of possibly being pregnant with twins this pregnancy.
Since you have been pregnant with twins before, I think you have definitely trust your body's own intuition about this pregnancy. :)
How soon will you have a scan?

I am also showing much earlier this pregnancy as well. Quite a few people have assumed I am further along than I am. That's always rough to hear too. My abdomen is damaged from my previous pregnancies, so I just look further along sooner. It does wound my pride a bit when people ask me how far along I am. Maybe you feel the same way?

I've opted to only have a scan at 34 weeks to check the placenta for previa/accreta guess I have any concerns that crop up beforehand that I want to get checked out.

I have DR as well so I popped sooner than I normally would (though I've looked pregnant for years tbh due to it), but I don't feel like I'm abnormally huge for 17/18 weeks - but also the comments have all been from people who don't even know how far along I am/when I'm due

@NDH I'm definitely going to mention to the mw when I first see one about the diastasis recti and if there's anything I can do to stop it becoming worse.
I get asked constantly if I'm pregnant it's usually infuriating lol. But people asking me now I mean I can't possibly look any different yet, surely?! But I know I look about 6 months gone it's annoying. I look forward to actually being that far gone where I know it's all bump and not just floppy muscles/fat lol c

Reactions: NDH
I have the same problem. I'm 11 weeks and the size I was around 16 weeks last time already. It's real bump now, as my midwife confirmed my uterus was what I felt and is above my pubic bone already. Belly popped at 9 weeks this time and still concerned it could be twins. Ultrasound on Thursday so hoping to confirm it's only 1.

PXL_20230721_141105493~2.jpg

I have the same problem. I'm 11 weeks and the size I was around 16 weeks already. It's real bump now, as my midwife confirmed my uterus was what I felt and is above my pubic bone already. Belly popped at 9 weeks this time and still concerned it could be twins. Ultrasound on Thursday so hoping to confirm it's only 1.

View attachment 1116381
Adorable bump! So exciting about your ultrasound on Thursday! :)

I have the same problem. I'm 11 weeks and the size I was around 16 weeks last time already. It's real bump now, as my midwife confirmed my uterus was what I felt and is above my pubic bone already. Belly popped at 9 weeks this time and still concerned it could be twins. Ultrasound on Thursday so hoping to confirm it's only 1.

View attachment 1116382

Good luck for your ultrasound! Did your midwife say anything about how high your uterus was? Even though my twins were my 4th pregnancy they were the first one I had my uterus pop above my pubic bone early. It was very palpable at 9 weeks

@NDH she seemed surprised to feel it already since I was only 10w4d at the visit. Though said it seemed in line for a 10 to 12 week pregnancy but added it's impossible to measure exactly so early. I didn't mention I'm worried about twins.

The sonographer told me at my 7 week reassurance scan she wasn’t surprised I was having so much cramping because my uterus had already popped out of my pelvis :shock: I assumed it was because I had recently gone all the way to 12 weeks with the mmc. The baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks but the placenta had carried on growing because tmi passing that was gross. I didn’t expect it to be as big as it was. I did worry if it meant a bigger baby but I ended up being pushed back a couple of days at my 12 week scan. I do feel huge already this time but I guess it’s to be expected being my 7th pregnancy

Sounds like we all popped early this time :lol: my uterus is up at my belly button already lol not really a surprise being baby #4.

Oh my he's not shy! :haha:

@littlewitch oh my, no doubt about it, definetly a little boy :laugh2: so pleased all went well and he was nice and active

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->