January/ February Snowflakes 2024

@Laurabub84 I'm so relieved that you started to feel movements. Not long now til your anatomy scan which I am really hoping will give you good news about bub's belly.

@Teanna I don't think 12 weeks is too soon for flutters

@Teanna yeah I feel like weeks 6 and 7 were the hardest so far!
Also I think I felt the first movements around 13 weeks with my first c

I made it to 12 weeks! I get to see baby this Friday and then am thinking of telling people, including my kids. I feel so ashamed though. Like no one will be happy for us. It's our 4th. My mother in law is the only one who knows and she hasn't hasn't even acknowledged the pregnancy even while we at the cottage together.

@Phantom happy 12 weeks! That's a great milestone, I'm glad things are well. Hopefully you get some good reactions and your mother in law comes around.

Happy 12 weeks @Phantom ! I hope the scan goes well and people will be happy for you when you announce. It's so sad when people can't be happy for new babies because they think a family is already "too big" :(.

Happy 12 weeks! I hope everyone is excited for you :)

I made it to 12 weeks! I get to see baby this Friday and then am thinking of telling people, including my kids. I feel so ashamed though. Like no one will be happy for us. It's our 4th. My mother in law is the only one who knows and she hasn't hasn't even acknowledged the pregnancy even while we at the cottage together.

hun please don’t feel ashamed about your pregnancy. As NDH said it’s just so sad that the more children you have the more you worry about others reactions. I’ve had all the comments myself and it is so upsetting. Everyone was happy for us until we got to my 4th and then I’d get the horrible comments like “you must be at it like rabbits” “don’t you have a tv at home” WHAT another one!!!”. Like it was so easy for me to get pregnant just like that which was not the case. I went through a lot of heartache trying for all my children after our 2nd. So it really upset me because people didn’t know what we’d gone through to get our babies. That’s why after her I’ve never made a point of sharing my last pregnancy’s on social media because I dread the comments we’ll get. My mmc last year even my mum wasn’t happy about it. Her reaction brought me to tears and then I lost baby. This time her and my dad said they didn’t think I’d want to try again after what happened. So they’ve made it clear they’re not over the moon we’re having a 6th baby. It’s hurtful to see them all over my brothers little boy as they only have 2 kids and it makes me so sad for this baby. They are just as special as my first and it’s not fair they shouldn’t be treated as such. At the end of the day tho the only people that I care about is my dh and our children. We are all happy and excited for this baby so sod the rest of them. We shouldn’t be made to feel embarrassed or ashamed about our children. Just focus on this precious little one you’ll be bring into your family and try to put other opinions to the back of your mind. This baby deserves to have the same excitement as your other pregnancy’s and if others can’t understand that that’s their problem and not yours. I for one am so excited to see all these babies come December/January. Big hugs hun

So I’ve never understood what women were talking about when they’d say they experience lightning crotch. Well I think I’m actually getting it for the first time with this pregnancy. At least I’m hoping that’s what it is because it’s been freaking me out. I keep getting a really sharp, stabbing pain in my cervix. Never had this with any of my others and I feel so achey all the time this time around. It’s constantly putting me on edge. Last night I got so scared because I had such bad lower backache and felt like my stomach was constantly tightened. I’m starting to wonder if that sensation is actually baby moving in there. I do swear I felt the tiniest two little pokes with my hand. Like the smallest little nudges last night laying in bed. Constantly praying this baby will stay healthy and happy in there. It’s horrible not being able to shake this awful fear that something will still go wrong. I don’t want to wish time away but I’m desperate to get to the stage that even if baby did come early they’d be ok. This stage is still so scary.

16 week baby boy bump. I feel like I am so big already, but it has been 10 years, so maybe I just forgot. :)
I am feeling great with the exception of some moderately severe varicose veins in one leg and some insomnia that has started to plague me the last 2 weeks.PXL_20230730_204742934.jpg

@Laurabub84 I've been getting a bunch of random pains and soreness this pregnancy too. I think it's baby growing in there or at least I hope. Lightening crotch sucks too, I've definitely been there and sounds like what your experiencing.

Today was exciting, last weekend I questioned if I felt some flutters but hadn't felt much most the week then today all of a sudden I'm getting a ton of fluttery feelings way too low to be my gut. I'm confident it's baby now. 13 weeks tomorrow.

@Laurabub84 ouch lightning crotch is no fun.

@littlewitch happy 16 weeks! Lovely bump :cloud9:

@Teanna yay for movements! Such a wonderful feeling! Happy almost 16 weeks!

We're camping again this week and as much as I love camping, multiple pee runs a night is no fun! Having to spend ages convincing myself to get up in the first place, then having to roll off the air mattress, find a light source and my shoes, unzip and zip the tent and then find somewhere to pee cause there's no way I can make it all the way to the outhouse before a roundhouse kick to my bladder makes me pee myself.

@NDH awesome, camping is fun but I agree the night time pee runs are rough. I've been camping a lot and end up sneaking out of the tent at 3am to pee. I've got a backpacking set up so the tents super small too and you can't stand up in it. I'm headed to Northern Ontario for a week later this month.

Reactions: NDH
@littlewitch lovely bump hun

I haven’t felt anything more since I thought I had. Starting to think maybe it wasn’t baby after all. Going to try my Doppler later for some reassurance. Almost 18 week I really expected to be feeling baby by now and know it’s baby I’m feeling. So annoyed I didn’t ask at the scan where the placenta is

@Laurabub84 have you considered asking for a reassurance scan? With your history your anxiety is totally understandable.

@Laurabub84 have you considered asking for a reassurance scan? With your history your anxiety is totally understandable.

they already let me have one at 7 weeks. I’ll have my 20 weeks scan 3 weeks today. Just going to try and keep busy and hope the time passes quickly. Today was the first time I panicked myself with my Doppler. For weeks I’ve found baby straight away but it took me a couple of minutes this time. I can hear how active baby is tho so I think I struggled to find them quick because they were bouncing about in there. Just wish I could start feeling them

Last edited:
they already let me having one at 7 weeks. I’ll have my 20 weeks scan 3 weeks today. Just going to try and keep busy and hope the time passes quickly. Today was the first time I panicked myself with my Doppler. For weeks I’ve found baby straight away but it took me a couple of minutes this time. I can hear how active baby is tho so I think I struggled to find them quick because they were bouncing about in there. Just wish I could start feeling them
I found the further along I got, the harder it was to find baby right away with the doppler. I figured it was probably because baby was bigger and I had to be right over his heart to pick it up lol. That's my theory anyway lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->