January/ February Snowflakes 2024

I am so happy to hear your positive updates Laurabub!! Yay for someone else in the group also having a boy! :)

@littlewitch I think we're all team boy atm :blue: lovely bump! I'll also be having a csection probably at 38 weeks so I'm also over half way now :shock: crazy how fast its going.
Oh wow! You are right! All 3 January babies are boys! :)
Congratulations on being a little more than halfway as well!

I gotta get my oh to take some bump pics lol I did try and i was so useless at it. All you ladies have such lovely petite bumps though I already feel huge and blob like lol
@littlewitch I spy a tiny cauldron and some crystals on a mat? Could it be that you are actually a little bit witchy? Hehe :haha: love it x

I gotta get my oh to take some bump pics lol I did try and i was so useless at it. All you ladies have such lovely petite bumps though I already feel huge and blob like lol
@littlewitch I spy a tiny cauldron and some crystals on a mat? Could it be that you are actually a little bit witchy? Hehe :haha: love it x
More than a little bit witchy. ;) Practicing for years. PXL_20230828_223055243.jpg

I'm gonna be really brave and post my bump pics!! I'm so bad at taking them that I got my oh to do the one in the dress but he was even worse like anyone needs to see my slippers and cat food :haha:
The leopard top I took at 12 weeks and oh took the other one today at 13 weeks. See why I'm moaning that I'm huge? Haha. I saw the consultant today and since I quit smoking weeks ago she transferred me back to midwife led care so that's great. She did say that after baby is born I will have to have injections as I am high risk if clotting because of it being my third baby? She said I would have to do them myself for 10 days in my belly!! I've not heard of this before!!

Screenshot_20230830-202412.png Screenshot_20230830-202605.png

I'm gonna be really brave and post my bump pics!! I'm so bad at taking them that I got my oh to do the one in the dress but he was even worse like anyone needs to see my slippers and cat food :haha:
The leopard top I took at 12 weeks and oh took the other one today at 13 weeks. See why I'm moaning that I'm huge? Haha. I saw the consultant today and since I quit smoking weeks ago she transferred me back to midwife led care so that's great. She did say that after baby is born I will have to have injections as I am high risk if clotting because of it being my third baby? She said I would have to do them myself for 10 days in my belly!! I've not heard of this before!!

View attachment 1116858 View attachment 1116859

I had to do those blood thinning jabs too but I was so bad with them. There’s no way I can stick myself with a needle so dh had to do them. Think I managed about 5-6 days until he unintentionally really hurt me with one that i was like yep, no more. When I knew I had the midwife coming to do there visits I’d wait and ask her to do it for me. Not looking forward to them again this time. Forgot about it actually until you’ve just said. Mine was because it was my 5th baby and I was over 35. Never had to have them with my previous babies

View attachment 1116858 View attachment 1116859
I love your bump photos!
I have definitely felt bigger this time, but I realized it is because I started out 10 pounds heavier than previous pregnancies and I had more body fat along my posterior obliques...so even from the beginning, I was more round all over. :)
When I get hard on myself about being bigger, I just remember that my little boy is growing right on time. That cheers me up.
I have not heard of needing to take anticoagulants after delivery before. And not just because of maternal age. I will have to ask my OB about that.

@josephine3 I had to take them after all of mine because they were csections. I never had trouble with them but I take insulin daily and finger pricks to check my blood sugar so I'm well used to stabbing myself :lol:

I totally forgot about the blood thinner injections after my cesarean. But that was the only reason I needed them. I made hubby do it :haha:

Interesting that you all seem to have had them too lol. Doctor said it was my age and 'parity' being over 3 which I'm guessing means births.
Im unsure of it I must admit. Kinda worried about the risks of bleeding more? Did any of you have side effects?@NDH I know you wouldn't take something without a good reason, do you think the benefits outweigh the risks? Is it heparin they use?

I don't remember what one it was tbh, post surgery I wasn't asking the usual questions I would have asked lol. Post surgery I didn't really question the use of them though.
I have just now read some interesting studies debating whether heparin is worth the risks over just regular aspirin post cesarean.

For a normal birth I definitely wouldn't take blood thinners just for the risk of being multiparous. I haven't done any specific research on the actual risks of blood clots the more babies you have but it's definitely not something I've come across before (and I'm in birth groups with many women who have had 10+ babies and never have had it brought up).

Blood thinners in pregnancy for women with clotting disorders yes, and blood thinners post surgery, but otherwise not something I've heard about before.

Risk of a Thrombotic Event after the 6-Week Postpartum Period

So according to this study, there is an increased risk of developing blood clots for up to 12 weeks postpartum, which is touted as a 10-22 times greater risk of blood clots than a non pregnant/postpartum woman. But the *actual* risk of developing blood clots is 0.06%. yes its 10-22 times greater than the chances of developing blood clots normally, but the actual risk is still so infantessimly small that I would not take blood thinners (unless I already had a clotting disorder, os some other risk factors that significantly increased my personal risk)

Interesting that you all seem to have had them too lol. Doctor said it was my age and 'parity' being over 3 which I'm guessing means births.
Im unsure of it I must admit. Kinda worried about the risks of bleeding more? Did any of you have side effects?@NDH I know you wouldn't take something without a good reason, do you think the benefits outweigh the risks? Is it heparin they use?

Clexane is what I've always been given. I'm not sure exactly what it is though. I didn't have any side effects.

I’m not sure which one i was given either. No side effects but I didn’t like having them if I’m honest. As I said I didn’t finish taking them in the end. I just can’t bring myself to stick a needle in my body and dh obviously isn’t used to doing it either so they bloody hurt when he did it. Midwife was fine doing them. I found it bearable when she did it for me. Will see how it goes this time as I’m sure I’ll be given them again

@NDH and you other ladies lol, it's definitely something I will want to research before agreeing too, also as it gets into breast milk that would worry me. Did anyone have worse blood loss after? Like vaginal blood loss I mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->