January/ February Snowflakes 2024

I am really annoyed finding out that celaxane is not breastfeeding safe however, as the hospital was definitely aware I was breastfeeding my twins :growlmad: Heparin on the other hand is fine - the high molecular weight keeps it from passing into breast milk.
With Heparin injections you have to take a shot once every 8 hours due to half life of the drug . So maybe they prescribed the other because it was once daily?

@Teanna ohh your bump is so lovely!! All out in front!!
@NDH I just looked at my notes and it actually says 'clexane'! Didn't realise what it said before knowing the word as the handwriting is typical docs handwriting lol. While we're on the subject can anyone decipher whats written in my urine test box? I kno it's not 'NAD' like above...

View attachment 1116884
They wrote "trace blood" . I am a nurse so I am fluent in doctor. ;)

@salamander91 and @Laurabub84 oh wow that really is a great price!! The one I've been looking at is 549 and it's very similar but has a separate carrycot which I do really like the idea of. But it's very similar in looks even with the leather look handles! Maybe I will keep thinking lol. Also didn't think about smyths toys for baby stuff we have one of those too!
@littlewitch thanks for deciphering lol. I hope its nothing to worry about

@salamander91 we’re allowed to take 5 guests but I forgot to ask if dh is included as a guest. I would love to take the children but there’s too many of us. May take the older ones as Ollie is too young to really understand and they say that if your bringing your children they need to be quite and calm or else it won’t be a good experience and he doesn’t know how to sit still, lol. I thought they’d all be at school but have just realised I booked it in their next half term. We were gonna ask our parents but will take the kids now it’s an option

@josephine3 thats my whole issue with baby shopping too. There’s nowhere anymore really where you can actually go and look for baby things. We used to shop in toys r us in the babies section but that closed down. No mothercare anymore. It’s horrible to have to try and shop online because things can turn up and not be as they appeared. I also don’t have the patience to keep scrolling and searching and when you don’t see them for yourself it’s hard to know what sites you can trust and I’d hate to disappointed with anything. With my son we had no choice because of lockdown. It was horrible and i feel it also takes away the excitement of baby shopping. I found it stressful with him trying to buy online. Our friends payed for some things on one site in July and said they still haven’t turned up. That’s what worry’s me about using sites I’ve never tried before. We ended up having my SIL’s old pram for Ollie because we couldn’t shop for a new one and by the time we’d finished with it the wheels were knackered. We did decide to get a new version of that pram as I really liked using it but the site for that has completely disappeared too. I had such a panic I wasn’t going to find another I was happy with and they can be so expensive. Some are £1000. I don’t have that type of money to spend on a pram, it’s madness. Also as it’s our last baby I’ll only be getting one child’s use out of it this time. But the lady in smyths came over and got the pram down for us to have a proper look at and showed us how it all worked and i think I’m settled on that one now. They do it in 2 different greens I think, blue, grey and like a tan colour I think it was. I’m definetly going for green or blue

@Laurabub84 that's exactly what we used to have - mothercare and toys r us - has mothercare closed down altogether then?!

@salamander91 and @Laurabub84 oh wow that really is a great price!! The one I've been looking at is 549 and it's very similar but has a separate carrycot which I do really like the idea of. But it's very similar in looks even with the leather look handles! Maybe I will keep thinking lol. Also didn't think about smyths toys for baby stuff we have one of those too!
@littlewitch thanks for deciphering lol. I hope its nothing to worry about
It absolutely is not anything to worry about. The urinalysis done at the OB office is a litmus dipstick test that relies on the human provider to interpret the color of each section on the dipstick at a very specific time. If the provider even waits 10-15 seconds too long to read a certain section of the test (like the color bar for ketones/protein/etc)...they will see a different color and you will have a false positive recorded.
It's only the urinalysis that is sent off to be confirmed by a laboratory that is foolproof.
Trace blood occurs easily in any person if you strain a little to start your stream.
:)

Hmm thanks @littlewitch. When would urine get sent off for analysis? I love your leggings btw they look do comfy with the wide waistband where are they from? X

Ugh so my iron levels are still going up which is great but my b12 is now very low apparently ](*,) explains why the fatigue and breathlessness wasn't getting better but so frustrating. Hopefully the tablets work quickly

Ugh so my iron levels are still going up which is great but my b12 is now very low apparently ](*,) explains why the fatigue and breathlessness wasn't getting better but so frustrating. Hopefully the tablets work quickly

I'm sorry your B12 levels are low :( I hope the tablets help

Ladies I need some advice! How is everyone's legs/feet swelling wise? Any varicose veins? I'm a bit worried, my ankles and feet are suddenly quite swollen and painful.. And veins are popping out! I don't remember it being this bad in previous pregnancies but it's been a while and I'm 10 yrs older now, and it's my third pregnancy. I'm only 14 weeks though, surely this shouldn't happen yet? I'm a bit paranoid about pre-eclampsia but I don't really have any other symptoms. Hands are swollen too but to a lesser extent. Anyone any experience? Could it just be my age and cos it's my third?

I had a rough fall off my bike this afternoon. Currently at Labor and Delivery waiting on an ultrasound to check placenta and baby. I am holding my breath with fear. I did not fall on my abdomen, but my OB was

Still worried about risk of placental shearing. Will update you all when I find out the final consensus.

Ladies I need some advice! How is everyone's legs/feet swelling wise? Any varicose veins? I'm a bit worried, my ankles and feet are suddenly quite swollen and painful.. And veins are popping out! I don't remember it being this bad in previous pregnancies but it's been a while and I'm 10 yrs older now, and it's my third pregnancy. I'm only 14 weeks though, surely this shouldn't happen yet? I'm a bit paranoid about pre-eclampsia but I don't really have any other symptoms. Hands are swollen too but to a lesser extent. Anyone any experience? Could it just be my age and cos it's my third?

During my second pregnancy, I remember having bad varicose veins to my right groin and right leg from about 25 weeks on. There was quite a bit of swelling in my groin but nowhere else.
This pregnancy, 10 years later and older than 35, I started having varicose veins that have steadily worsened from 12 weeks on. If I work a 12 hour shift, my right calf swells. The swelling resolves with elevation and rest.
Strangely, it is only ever my right groin and right leg. I have never experienced foot or ankle swelling though. But I know everyone is different.
My varicose veins get worse every pregnancy though, for sure. And this pregnancy, they became troublesome MUCH sooner.

Was discharged from labor and delivery triage. Baby boy is moving, HR 135-150. No placental abruption or shearing seen. No hemorrhage seen.
Was told to watch for signs of abruption for 48 hours and take it a bit easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->