January/ February Snowflakes 2024

Clexane is what I've always been given. I'm not sure exactly what it is though. I didn't have any side effects.

Thank you! That's what I took too but for the life of me I couldn't remember the name. I had celexa in my head but that's an antidepressant lol.

Celexa is the same thing as lovenox (different trade name in different countries) and is a low molecular weight heparin, which makes it more bioavailable.

I had only light bleeding postpartum that went on for 6-7 weeks (after my vaginal births my lochia ended after 2-3 weeks)

I am really annoyed finding out that celaxane is not breastfeeding safe however, as the hospital was definitely aware I was breastfeeding my twins :growlmad: Heparin on the other hand is fine - the high molecular weight keeps it from passing into breast milk.

The NHS says its safe because any passed through the milk would be broken down by stomach acid. I've never managed to bf any of mine though so its not something I've researched. Screenshot_20230831_192510_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah that's heparin, which as I said is fine for breastfeeding. Celaxane/lovenox is the one I was given, and that one is not recommended while breastfeeding.

That was my other consideration, how would it affect breastfeeding... And like it says it clearly does get into milk. And since newborns have that thing where their blood doesn't clot properly anyway for any blood thinners to be getting to them seems counterintuitive! Mine only had oral vit k too. Hmmm. I'm gonna be thinking on it for sure x

@josephine3 cute bump pictures, I'm feeling a lot bigger this time around too but seems to have leveled out a bit now though I think I'm just getting wider. Had to order a bunch of maternity tops now since my usual clothes are too short.
Haven't heard of blood thinners for that reason.

Started feeling proper thumps now instead of just flutters. I think I'm close to getting external movement. I'd love for my partner to be able to feel it.

@Teanna ohh your bump is so lovely!! All out in front!!
@NDH I just looked at my notes and it actually says 'clexane'! Didn't realise what it said before knowing the word as the handwriting is typical docs handwriting lol. While we're on the subject can anyone decipher whats written in my urine test box? I kno it's not 'NAD' like above...

Screenshot_20230901-232756.png

Oh gosh I have absolutely *no* idea what that says. It doesn't seem to fit with anything on the 10 parameter test strips I'm familiar with. Best I can make out is t+binel which makes no sense lol.

Last edited:
@Teanna such a cute bump and yay for for proper movements.
@josephine3 i have absolutely no idea what that says. I hate when doctors scribble their notes and you can’t understand it

Hope everyone’s doing well. I’ve just booked my 4d scan for 24th Oct at 29 weeks. I’m so excited for it. Never had one before. I’m also glad I waited and went to speak to them as online I could only book for 25 weeks which was earlier than I would have liked. I want to see baby when they’ve got more fat to them and not so skinny looking. I read between 28-30 weeks is the best time so booked in the middle. I couldn’t understand why every time of every month other than September there were no appointments available at all. So I went to see them as it’s only a 10 minute drive from home and she explained that the head office work out the rota one month at a time depending on who’s working, so I’m relieved I held off booking the 25 week appointment.

Has anyone started baby shopping yet? We’ve choose a pram and are going to go and get that once the kids are back to school and dh has a day off work. I’m also thinking of a bedside crib this time as I’ve always had Moses baskets with my others. The cribs look much more spacious and will last a little longer. Just need to decide which to go for but will have a better look when we go back as won’t have the kids with us next time. They were more interested looking at the toys in the store so we didn’t have chance for a good look. Theres one that folds so you can take it around with you with I might go for as we’ll be able to take it when we visit our parents. This is the pram we’ve chosen and the crib I’m debating.
IMG_4668.jpeg IMG_4669.jpeg
I can’t believe how long it’s taken for this pregnancy to finally feel real. Even now sometimes I’ll get up in the morning and my bumps almost non existent and I feel for a few minutes… am I? Or have I dreamt it all? :haha: Then he’ll give me a few jabs and my hearts just bursting.

@josephine3 my guess would be tr blood so trace blood? It's super unclear though so could say anything. They obviously weren't concerned if they didn't mention it. My sample is tested every 2 weeks because of my diabetes and there's always a trace of something in it so they send it off but it's fine :lol:

@Laurabub84 I want to book a 4d scan so much. Hoping dh agrees to it but lots to buy the next few months so we might not be able to afford it. I'm considering the same pram. I saw it in a shop the other day. It's a lovely colour and maneuvers really nicely. Also considering the maxi cosi zelia because it folds with the seat attached which seems easier.

@Laurabub84 I want to book a 4d scan so much. Hoping dh agrees to it but lots to buy the next few months so we might not be able to afford it. I'm considering the same pram. I saw it in a shop the other day. It's a lovely colour and maneuvers really nicely. Also considering the maxi cosi zelia because it folds with the seat attached which seems easier.

It’s the only pram I’ve come across that I like. Think we’re going for the green one as I’ve always gone black or grey with my prams but I also like it in the blue. Be nice to have something different this time.
I started saving for a 4d scan as soon as dh agreed to try again. Feels a little sad to be using it now tho as it was originally saved for the one we lost. Makes me feel guilty to be using it now but it’s just been sat in my cupboard in an envelope. I did sway also thinking that the £100 I saved could go towards baby’s things we actually need as the scan is not a necessity, but as this is our last baby I know if I didn’t do it I’d regret not having the experience. I really wanted to have one with my son but I couldn’t because we were in lockdown because of covid. The scan is £80. I’ve paid £30 deposit today so will have £50 left to pay on or before the day. It’s a little cheaper than I thought so the remaining £20 will go towards some clothes or something for baby.

Last edited:
@salamander91 good guess on tr blood!
@Laurabub84 lovely pram I love the colour what make is it? I've been looking at the ickle bubba stomp luxe. I want yo test it out but cos I don't drive it's hard to get anywhere that would stock it for me to test. The only baby shop our town gas is a mamas and papas and they dont stock it there. I was also going to ask is anyone shopping yet? Or when did you start? I really am going to have to start early to spread the cost but I feel weird about starting this early!

@Laurabub84 that's exciting I've never had a 3D scan. I only did the private gender one before but since I'm not doing that this time maybe I'll do one. I already have a lot of the big things. Think my only large purchase will be a crib and redecorating my office to be a nursery. Never had a proper nursery with my first since I was living in condo and just had a small den space I used for her room until she was 2 and I bought my house.

It’s the only pram I’ve come across that I like. Think we’re going for the green one as I’ve always gone black or grey with my prams but I also like it in the blue. Be nice to have something different this time.
I started saving for a 4d scan as soon as dh agreed to try again. Feels a little sad to be using it now tho as it was originally saved for the one we lost. Makes me feel guilty to be using it now but it’s just been sat in my cupboard in an envelope. I did sway also thinking that the £100 I saved could go towards baby’s things we actually need as the scan is not a necessity, but as this is our last baby I know if I didn’t do it I’d regret not having the experience. I really wanted to have one with my son but I couldn’t because we were in lockdown because of covid. The scan is £80. I’ve paid £30 deposit today so will have £50 left to pay on or before the day. It’s a little cheaper than I thought so the remaining £20 will go towards some clothes or something for baby.

The green is a beautiful colour. That's a great price. I really want to take my kids to a scan so they can see their little brother.

I totally forgot about the blood thinner injections after my cesarean. But that was the only reason I needed them. I made hubby do it :haha:
So interesting. I have had 2 C-sections and never had to take them.
Maybe I will though this time? Due to being over 35?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->