January/ February Snowflakes 2024

@Laurabub84 that's exactly what we used to have - mothercare and toys r us - has mothercare closed down altogether then?!

I think so. Although I think boots may still sell some of their clothing

Ugh so my iron levels are still going up which is great but my b12 is now very low apparently ](*,) explains why the fatigue and breathlessness wasn't getting better but so frustrating. Hopefully the tablets work quickly

Sorry your b12 is low. It does make you feel rubbish. I hope the tablets work and you don’t have to resort to the injections, although they do help you feel better

Was discharged from labor and delivery triage. Baby boy is moving, HR 135-150. No placental abruption or shearing seen. No hemorrhage seen.
Was told to watch for signs of abruption for 48 hours and take it a bit easier.

God that must have been scary. I’m glad alls well with you and baby. Definitely try and rest as much as you can for the next couple of days

I’m having no experience with swelling or varicose veins but I am struggling with back and rib pain already. I never usually struggle with it until the later stage so it’s a little concerning knowing it’s going to get worse the bigger baby gets. Guess my age must be playing a part in it being 39 now.

@Laurabub84 they called yesterday and prescribed the injections. Have you had them before? I'm really nervous about side effects.

@salamander91 sorry B12 is low but good news iron levels are improving.

@josephine3 I had bad feet swelling in the last month with my daughter. Didn't have ankles until about a couple weeks postpartum. Never noticed it yet this pregnancy though. Maybe check in with your midwife for peace of mind.

@littlewitch I'm so glad you and baby are okay! Your first post had me worried.

@Laurabub84 I'm with with the back and rib pain, it's unnerving getting it so early. I was at least 22 weeks last time. My rib actually dislocated at 37 weeks with my first.

18 weeks tomorrow and as of yesterday I suddenly feel very pregnant. I got the first of the upper back and rib pain I remember starting around 22/23 weeks with my first and more concerning I'm getting pelvic pain already. I had spd with my last which made walking difficult but it didn't start until at least 33 weeks. I'm worried how bad it could get by the end.

@Teanna see my back has been fine both times previously, Im not really a back pain kinda person! Weird how it's so different for everyone x

@josephine3 that's lucky, I tend to have easy first half of pregnancies but my body starts falling apart in the third trimester. Ordered an exercise ball in hopes of helping before it gets bad.

I gave the mw a call. She said not to worry unless the swelling is accompanied by vision problems, severe headaches, and gave me some blood clot symptoms to watch out for when I mentioned the varicose veins.
Other than that she just said that 3rd pregnancies are the worst!! And the hardest and generally people feel rotten through them so that's great lol.
Anyone with more than 3 or on number 3 agree/disagree?

My 3rd was definitely the worst for pelvic pain but he was also my heaviest lol. Baby #4 hasn't given me too much bother yet apart from all the deficiencies lol

Second pregnancy to make it this far. First trimester was surprisingly easier but I feel like I'm about to start struggling earlier. I'm also in my 30s now, so not surprised. I imagine a third would be worse yet.

I gave the mw a call. She said not to worry unless the swelling is accompanied by vision problems, severe headaches, and gave me some blood clot symptoms to watch out for when I mentioned the varicose veins.
Other than that she just said that 3rd pregnancies are the worst!! And the hardest and generally people feel rotten through them so that's great lol.
I am on pregnancy #3 now. I have had much worse nausea, early appearance of varicosities and easier swelling to my right leg at work so far. I feel like my symptoms were at this point at about 28 weeks with my last pregnancy.
I don't know if some of it is having a baby of a different gender this time...or the fact that I am 37. ;)

My third pregnancy was my easiest, though none of mine have had significant challenges.

@Laurabub84 they called yesterday and prescribed the injections. Have you had them before? I'm really nervous about side effects.

I had to have them a couple of years ago. I wasn’t pregnant at the time but I was quite low in it and was constantly feeling run down. They did help me feel a lot better. I was told I would probably have to be on them for life but after a while they checked my levels again and told me I didn’t need them anymore. No nasty side affects when I had them. They helped a lot

@salamander91 sorry B12 is low but good news iron levels are improving.

@josephine3 I had bad feet swelling in the last month with my daughter. Didn't have ankles until about a couple weeks postpartum. Never noticed it yet this pregnancy though. Maybe check in with your midwife for peace of mind.

@littlewitch I'm so glad you and baby are okay! Your first post had me worried.

@Laurabub84 I'm with with the back and rib pain, it's unnerving getting it so early. I was at least 22 weeks last time. My rib actually dislocated at 37 weeks with my first.

Omg! Ouch!!! Yeah I don’t tend to get the rib pain until later on and I’ve always gotten away with back pain until this one. Not liking that it’s started so early

my pregnancy’s have all been fine. The only things I ever struggled with in all was morning sickness in the first tri, rib pain and struggling to sleep in the third tri. This pregnancy the rib pain and struggling with sleep has already started. I don’t think the heat is helping tho.

This heat is unbelievable these last few days where I am in the uk. Dh and I went out yesterday and it made me feel really bad. I felt rough the rest of the day. Felt really sick and I had server rib pain on the right. When I googled what I could do to ease it I freaked myself out because it said right sided rib pain, nausea/vomiting could be a form of pre eclampsia. I felt so bad yesterday it really scared me because if anything like that happened he wouldn’t survive. Thankfully it’s eased today and I am not leaving the house in this heat. Staying in front of my fan all day. I don’t want another day of feeling like that

My rib pain is also always only ever right sided in my pregnancies. Never knew it was linked to preeclampsia.

My rib pain is also always only ever right sided in my pregnancies. Never knew it was linked to preeclampsia.

me either. I only googled what I could do to help relieve it and ended up scaring the hell out of myself as the heat had made me feel rough on top. You have to be showing other symptoms I think like headaches and nausea/vomiting, visual disturbances like flashing lights and floaters. Because of the heat I had the floaters in my eyes while out in the car and had felt really sick all day to the point I couldn’t eat for the rest of the day and the pain was so bad I was nearly in tears because no matter what I did nothing would ease it, so I did get panicked thinking if I got that at this stage he wouldn’t survive. Had such a bad day with it I really did stress over it. Thankfully I did start feeling better by bed time. I think it is just a combination of his position as I’m getting kicks above my belly button now and this insane heat just made me feel awful. It’s another scorcher today. I’m done with the heat now. I feel for any women that are heavily pregnant right now. I’m only half way and can’t cope with it, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->