January/ February Snowflakes 2024

@Laurabub84 Im with you on the heat here in the UK it's unbearable now!! It felt very slightly cooler today I'm hoping that might be the start of the end of the heat wave x

The heat last week was awful! It was only 17 degrees here yesterday though and I was still having hot flushes and sweating so bad so I think that might be a lovely new pregnancy symptom :lol:

@Teanna thank you :) the early mornings are rough! I forgot how much work it is getting three kids to school :lol: good luck for your scan!

24 weeks today! Yay for viability \\:D/ hope everyone else is doing good!

Yay for viability. I can’t wait to be a few weeks ahead of where I am now. Hoping to be able to relax the further I go now.

@salamander91 happy v-day!

I've been good adjusting to getting up earlier to get my oldest to kindergarten. Only 8 more days until my anatomy scan and hopefully finding out the gender.

Excited to find out if your team :pink: or :blue:. Are we all boys at the moment? I still can’t believe we’ve been blessed with another boy when by dd4 I never thought we’d have one let alone two. I’m so excited to meet him

I’m with you on getting back into the school routine. Going to be so much harder the bigger I get as I also struggle with sleep and getting comfortable. My stomach muscles are feeling so tender today and pushing the stroller up the hill on the way back this morning wasn’t fun. Think I was huffing and puffing all the way back, lol. At least there was a nice breeze today tho. I’m so over the heat now. Bring on the autumn. So much easier to get warm then it is to cool down. It’s going to feel strange being pregnant and having a new born in the winter this time as my last 3 were June and September due dates so was hot. I’m getting nervous about the winter illnesses tho. My eldest has already said a few people from her college course are off with covid at the moment so I’m worrying about her bringing that home? Are any of you having the covid jab? I had them when we were eligible but I’m feeling nervous having it while I’m pregnant as it’s still fairly new and I’m worried for him. With the breathlessness I’ve been suffering with lately tho I’m scared to catch it in case it harms the baby or I end up really ill which will then put him at risk. I really don’t know what to do for the best. The couple of times I’ve had covid I’ve never had the cough or had if affect my breathing. I get more flu symptoms like body aches and headache. My midwife already mentioned to me about having the jab but I just don’t know about it. I still have to book my whooping cough and flu jab too. I’ve always had those and obviously will again this time but the covid one is making me nervous. What are you views on it?

@Laurabub84 I'm on the fence, I only got the 2 Covid shots I needed to be allowed in public spaces again. I don't usually get the flu or Covid boosters since I figure the viruses change a lot anyway there's no guarantee they'll even help. Not sure if I'll do it while pregnant or not but my midwife mentioned it too.

@Laurabub84 I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning towards getting it. I'm higher risk anyway being type 1 diabetic.

I had a growth scan today. Baby boy is 50th centile and 1lb 9oz :cloud9:

@Laurabub84 I've never had the flu jab in pregnancy and I've not had any covid jabs at all so won't be doing that either... I may consider getting the whooping cough one though I'm not sure how prevalent that really is any more. I know it was bought in when we had a sudden peak in cases but I've not heard of anyone having it recently..
@salamander91 happy 24 weeks!! Yay!!
Im so feeling it too with back to school, early mornings are not my thing anyway let alone now. I've had 2 busy days too and it's just really worn me out. I can only handle one day of activities then I need a rest lol. My legs and feet are so sore from walking around town doing jobs and the school run etc..

So, movement question. I was feeling fairly regular movements and now I'm not... Like its been maybe a week.. I know this early they say they aren't consistent but should I be worried? Surely once they are felt I should be continuing to feel them? I don't know if I'm just not noticing cos I've been so busy. Or I'm used to it already and I'm just not registering it. I know @Laurabub84 you didn't feel movement for ages and you were worrying but how about everyone else? What's everyone's experience? Thanks x

@Laurabub84 I've never had the flu jab in pregnancy and I've not had any covid jabs at all so won't be doing that either... I may consider getting the whooping cough one though I'm not sure how prevalent that really is any more. I know it was bought in when we had a sudden peak in cases but I've not heard of anyone having it recently..
@salamander91 happy 24 weeks!! Yay!!
Im so feeling it too with back to school, early mornings are not my thing anyway let alone now. I've had 2 busy days too and it's just really worn me out. I can only handle one day of activities then I need a rest lol. My legs and feet are so sore from walking around town doing jobs and the school run etc..

So, movement question. I was feeling fairly regular movements and now I'm not... Like its been maybe a week.. I know this early they say they aren't consistent but should I be worried? Surely once they are felt I should be continuing to feel them? I don't know if I'm just not noticing cos I've been so busy. Or I'm used to it already and I'm just not registering it. I know @Laurabub84 you didn't feel movement for ages and you were worrying but how about everyone else? What's everyone's experience? Thanks x

I have days where he can be a lot quieter. Today for instance I’ve not really felt anything from him until this evening. I get to the point where I think about getting my Doppler out and then he’ll give me some kicks. I wonder when I’m not feeling him if he’s facing my back so his movements are being masked. Some days I hardly feel him at all and then others he’ll make up for it and I’ll feel him loads. But then I’m almost 24 weeks. I wasn’t feeling anything myself at 15 weeks. Think I was 17/18 weeks when I started to feel movement. It is hard not to worry once you start feeling them and then have days where you barely feel anything. You can’t help but worry but if it’s really worrying you then give your midwife a call for your own peace of mind and just see what they say.

@josephine3 I felt flutters at 13 weeks and felt it not often but consistently enough but in both my pregnancies from weeks 15-17 I had a drop off in movement. I was getting worried this time too, I was camping and went a few days without noticing it around 16 weeks which freaked me out. I think it's just harder to feel when the uterus moves up where there's a bit more space.

I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and still only feel it a few times a day but it's solid kicks now and not flutters. Yesterday I even felt it from the outside for the first time.

My husband was feeling loads of movement yesterday that I couldn't even feel, and I can sometimes see movements that I can't feel either. I have no idea how that's even possible but I always reassure myself with those thoughts whenever I feel like the baby has been quieter than usual for a bit

Thanks ladies! @NDH a couple of weeks ago I swear I saw movement it was crazy! But I was feeling it loads too they suddenly went crazy in there! I think that was a one off and maybe the movements are there just very slight.
Im so glad you ladies are here it's hard on my spring thread cos I'm the furthest along and quite a way ahead of everyone else, not that there's many of us lol. Only really Kiwiberry and PinkCupcakes that post there.

I've got a midwife appt next weds anyway so I will probly just stick to that one x

Feeling amazing to reach v-day. Still need to to get another few weeks ahead to start relaxing more into this pregnancy. I hate that there’s such a huge gap for my next midwife appointment. Still have another 4 and a half weeks and the last appointment was 18 weeks I think. Just feels like a massive space in between. A little scared for when they start measuring my bump tho coz I swear I feel full term already :haha:

@Laurabub84 congrats on 24 weeks :happydance: I'm still finding it hard to accept this pregnancy is actually happening. I have to keep reminding myself there's a mini baby in there now and not a wee embryo.

Congratulations to everyone and @Laurabub84 i just get so happy every time I see your posts here.
And if it helps, I think the covid shot is a racket… definitely will never get one for me or for my kids again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->