January/ February Snowflakes 2024

I suppose I could have just looked at the front page haha I'm a bit daft x

Ooh it's gone all quiet here how is everyone doing?
Im suddenly having lots of heartburn and reflux which I got away with with my last 2. Starting to be uncomfortable all the time when sitting down already and feeling huuuuge x

@josephine3 I'm with you on the acid reflux. I've been taking Tums already. Been sick the last week since I got a stomach bug from the airport most likely but on the mend now.

Ugh sorry you got a bug it's no fun getting ill in pregnancy. I've got a constant stuffy nose too which is annoying. I can't seem to find any tums I've got some gaviscon but it's not helping much x

Happy 30 weeks!

I love your dress

@josephine3 I'm with you on the acid reflux. I've been taking Tums already. Been sick the last week since I got a stomach bug from the airport most likely but on the mend now.

sorry you got sick hun. It’s doing the rounds at my youngest kids school so I’m nervous about them bringing it home. This is why I dreaded a winter due date because of all the illnesses

30 weeks with baby boy. Can't believe it. OB appointment on Wednesday. :)View attachment 1117321

Happy 30 weeks

@littlewitch I love your dress too you look fabulous!!

What is everyone's experience with braxton hicks? I don't think I had them in my previous 2 pregnancies but I'm suddenly having what I presume are braxton hicks.. Is it too early? I had it happen last week, yesterday and worse today. It feels like period pains and tightening. Like mild contractions I suppose. It is painful though and it's worrying me!! I don't know at what point to panic over them as I've not had them before..

@josephine3 I've been having them this pregnancy too and didn't in my others. They don't hurt me though just feel like I'm being squeezed or like baby is pushing out on my stomach.

@josephine3 I haven't had them before this pregnancy but I've had them since around 13/ 14 weeks then not again until 25 Weeks. Mine feel a bit like really mild menstrual cramps but it's mainly just some pressure and tightness. I only get one or 2 in a row, there not super often.

As long as it's not overly painful and happening continuously I think it's okay.

@josephine3 I’ve been having them quite a lot in this pregnancy. They’re not overly painful just more an uncomfortable tightening. I think I read that hydration can affect them so it’s best to drink plenty. If they become too painful or regular then it’s always best to get yourself checked over. They can be quite uncomfortable at times tho.

Oh the breathlessness!! I don’t know what position he’s got himself into today but my god, I literally feel like I’m being suffocated. Got midwife tomorrow so I can finally have a chat about what the scan lady said about his head measuring nearly 3 weeks ahead. It’s been on my mind so much since. Have a feeling she’ll just tell me not to worry about it. Problem is I will because I fret over everything. Feeling huge so curious to see what I’ll measure tomorrow. I can’t imagine I have much more room left for him in there :wacko:

Thanks ladies I'll try not to worry. I would definitely describe them as painful though, I hope they aren't going to continue to be a daily occurrence! I seem to get a week of feeling good and then something else happens to worry about!
I've got a long list of questions for the midwife already and gave started to think more about the birth and how my body might react after a 10 year break since my last one!

Thinking of you all today.
I got admitted last night to rule out water breaking, because I had some fluid gushes. The ROM plus test was positive last night.
Should know in the next couple of days for sure if I will go home or if I will stay in hospital for the next 5 weeks or so until delivery.

I got admitted last night to rule out water breaking, because I had some fluid gushes. The ROM plus test was positive last night.
Should know in the next couple of days for sure if I will go home or if I will stay in hospital for the next 5 weeks or so until delivery.

oh my goodness hun how scary. I hope they can manage to keep your little man in for as long as possible. Do they know what could have caused you to start losing your waters? Gosh hun will keep you and baby in my prayers and will be thinking of you

Oh gosh @littlewitch how worrying for you! Will be thinking of you, if membranes have ruptured is it safe to go home still? How many weeks are you now?

Sorry to hear that @littlewitch fingers crossed they manage to keep baby in for a few more weeks yet x

Oh gosh @littlewitch how worrying for you! Will be thinking of you, if membranes have ruptured is it safe to go home still? How many weeks are you now?

30 weeks. If the membranes have truly ruptured they won't let me go home. Repeat ultrasound in the morning to check amniotic fluid levels again and repeat the ROM plus test.

@littlewitch that's scary. My water likely leaked around 34 weeks last pregnancy. Thought it was pee until my ultrasound showed low fluid levels at 35 weeks, the leak healed up by then and I carried to 40+4 with weekly ultrasounds/ stress tests. Hopefully you can hold out a bit longer.

@littlewitch that's scary. My water likely leaked around 34 weeks last pregnancy. Thought it was pee until my ultrasound showed low fluid levels at 35 weeks, the leak healed up by then and I carried to 40+4 with weekly ultrasounds/ stress tests. Hopefully you can hold out a bit longer.

I am hoping that if there is a leak, baby can stay in several more weeks. The dream would be until 35 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->