January/ February Snowflakes 2024

I'm noticing the baby has dropped today. Doesn't probably mean much, my first did the same around 36 weeks. My pelvic pain is flaring up again though, I'm definitely waddling everywhere.

I don't miss the waddle! Lol

On my way for yet another growth scan today - hoping he's not too big again and has slowed down a bit! I'm gonna ask if it's really necessary I keep coming back if the only problem is he's a big baby cos it's such a mission for me to get there it's a full day out the house and it tires me out!

On my way for yet another growth scan today - hoping he's not too big again and has slowed down a bit! I'm gonna ask if it's really necessary I keep coming back if the only problem is he's a big baby cos it's such a mission for me to get there it's a full day out the house and it tires me out!

I hope all goes well!

@josephine3 Hope all goes well on your scan. Hopefully baby has slowed down in growth and you won't have to go back again.

I had my pre birth midwife appointment yesterday. The baby is engaged already. I'm happy I found out more about the hospital I'm giving birth at and it sounds like I'll get the birth experience I wanted last time but never got. My midwife seems to be on the same page as me. Now I feel in the exciting stage where I could give birth in a week or a month. I've been having way more Braxton hicks especially at night.

Last edited:
I'll be sad to leave this little group!! There's so few people on the March/April one I've felt more at home here.. I won't know where to go when you all have babies lol.
@Laurabub84 did you have any symptoms leading up to your premature birth? I've felt so much pressure and braxton hicks recently it makes me wonder if he will be early x

The whole pregnancy was different compared to my others. The discomfort started a lot earlier this time. The fact that he measured big when none of my others have. I had a couple of days of fairly strong braxton hicks contractions before anything happened. I felt perfectly fine when I first got up in the morning and got the kids ready for school. My dad offered to drive us there and as I was getting out of the car I suddenly got a horrible stitch/cramp like pain that I was stuck half in half out of the car and couldn’t move until it eased a little. I made my dad walk the kids in with me because it scared me. He drove me home and asked if I wanted him to stay but I thought I just needed to sit and rest for a while and it would stop. He went home and it just carried on but it was more a constant pain that was getting stronger. Dh had been on a night shift and I had no choice but to wake him in the end. Because they ended up breaking my waters due to his heart rate dipping with contractions I don’t know how long it would have taken for him to come. Still could have been days I think they said.
How did your scan go?

So, he's still growing lol.. Head is now at 99th percentile and belly still on 96th. His, EFW is 5lb 8 now which translates as a 9lb 4 baby at 40 weeks. So still not as big as my last boy who was 9lb 7 and that was a great birth. So not too worried there but 5lb 8 already sounds huge lol. Trouble is he's now breech again. She struggled to get the measurements and said he's the most stubborn baby she's seen in a while. Typical lol. Anyone else have a breech baby turn after 33 weeks? @Teanna do I remember you saying yours turned at 34?
I don't think they would let me try a breech vaginal birth with him having such a big head so if he stays breech it might have to be a section.

If he's just turned breech again I wouldn't worry too much - chances are high he'll turn again. Persistent breech is more concerning by 34 weeks

I just don't know how to tell if he's moved lol.. I find it really hard to tell what bit is what. The scan lady showed me how to feel his head which I did at the time but can't find it on my own

I've been able to tell based on where I feel hiccups. Normally it's low by my pelvis or hip bone. When she flipped breech I felt it up by my ribs.

I've been able to tell based on where I feel hiccups. Normally it's low by my pelvis or hip bone. When she flipped breech I felt it up by my ribs.
@Teanns I've never felt hiccups lol

I probably eat to much spicy food though I feel them at least once a day. Itd be hard to tell, I can't usually decipher a butt from a head unless I already know where it should be.

Woke up at 6am this morning feeling a mild menstrual crampy feeling. Wasn't intermittent like contractions and went away pretty quick but makes me think I'm progressing a bit already. 36+4 today. Hoping to get a couple weeks yet.

Hopefully baby will stay put for a few more weeks

@Teanna ooh sounds like things could be starting to move forward for you, I eat a lot of spicy food too! Now you mention it I did have a rhythmic kicking feeling the other day almost like a heartbeat, never occurred to me that it could be hiccups but it was under my ribs so that makes sense. Oh I really hope he flips round!!

@josephine3 sounds like you felt hiccups.

Dr. Google suggested the menstrual cramps feeling is likely the cervix thinning. That happened early for me before so don't think it means I'm going into labor. I hope my midwife will check me at my appointment tomorrow but doubt she will yet.

I feel like I felt the hiccups again but right by my bellybutton so not below or above lol. I do feel like he might have flipped though, or at least lifted his bum out my pelvis. I don't feel like there's anything down there now while I'm walking and I've felt a couple of really big movements the past couple of days. Fxd he's on his way the right way round!

@josephine3 hope your right. That does sound promising, maybe he's transverse. My daughters head is way into my pelvis, the lightening crotch is getting painful. Feel like if I sneeze she'll fall out.

@Teanna I do think he might have gone transverse just hope it's temporary! I was so cross when she said it was a bum I could feel in my pelvis not a head! How are you feeling? Are you almost 37 weeks now? Ive started packing my hospital bag and working on my birth plan today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->