January/ February Snowflakes 2024

@josephine3 I'm 37 weeks today. I'm feeling okay, getting lots of Braxton hicks and pelvic and back/ rib pain but overall holding up well considering how close to the end I am. I actually stopped procrastinating and preregistered at the hospital and went through my birth plan with my midwife last week.

Still need to get the crib up, but I have my bassinet ready anyway. Waiting on an Amazon order but plan to do the hospital bag this weekend and just a waiting game now.

Hope your doing well, must be about 34 weeks?

Yeah 34 weeks on Sunday by the hospitals dates!! Can't believe it's so close now!! Starting to get scared/excited/all the emotions!!

@Teanna do you get to see the same midwife for the birth as you have met already? We just get a random midwife lol. But we pick our hospital at like 8 weeks x

@josephine3 I get a team of 3 midwives, although 1 is semi retired and she only does clinic visits. I'll get one of the other 2 at my birth depending whose on call.

I decided on the hospital long ago though I kept putting off making an appointment to preregister. I should have by 28 weeks but forgot and finally called. They didn't have appointments available before my due date so had to have a special call last weekend to get it done asap. Opps, at least they didn't complain about it.

Think I started to get nervous/ excited around 35 weeks though now I'm calm about it. The past 2 weeks I've been scrambling to get the house set up and nursery ready. Now I'm 95% done I feel better about it.

@Teanna yeah I really want to get everything fully set up. It's not having the bag packed that's annoying me but I need to wait till payday to order my last bits and bobs. See we book in at the hospital really early, not with an appointment the mw just calls them to tell them and that's the hospital we have our scans at etc. I think this baby keeps turning round in circles lol. I felt hiccups again nice and low, went for a nap and felt him do 2 massive turns/movements I don't think he's settled in one spot yet. So maybe just co-oncidence he was breech on scan day x

How are all you ladies doing with your new babies?? Are you all hanging out on a thread somewhere would love to keep up with how everyone is doing after thr births x

Hey :) we're doing good here just trying to get into a routine. Cody will be 5 weeks on Wednesday and so far is a pretty relaxed baby unless he gets overtired. He loves being attached to me during the day so he naps in the carrier a lot but he sleeps in his bedside crib at night thankfully. 20240122_111206.jpg20240122_103207.jpg

Sorry I’ve not been keeping up. Still so much going on at home. Got chicken pox in the house and my 3 year olds having such a tough time with it. He’s absolutely covered head to toe. I can’t even hold him because there so sore. Worried for Charlie to catch them but so far he seems to be avoiding it. He’s booked in for his first immunisations Thursday which I’m dreading. I hate taking them for jabs so much. He’ll be 8 weeks tomorrow. It’s just crazy how fast he’s growing. It’s making me sad because it’s going too quickly. I’m still feeling so upset that I couldn’t breastfeed in the end due to 3 weeks of tube feeds altogether. I’m really struggling with it. He now weighs 10lb so he’s doing amazing growth wise. How is everybody else doing
IMG_6035.jpegIMG_5932.jpegIMG_6057.jpegIMG_6059.jpegIMG_5883.jpeg

Awww so lovely to see your babies both of you!! Can't believe it's nearly my turn arrghhh!! I've got the midwife tomorrow everyone cross your fingers that he's not breech anymore x

Well the midwife couldn't tell which was round he was!! So I'm none the wiser! I'm starting to panic about the idea of a c-section and also the idea of having to stay in hospital if he were to be transverse. I don't honestly know who would look after my kids and if my oh could get time off work to do it. I imagine the house falling apart without me!
I wish I could tell which way around he was to stop me worrying or at least know that I need to be doing the exercises to turn him if he isn't head down. Feeling all emotional and over thinking everything now! I'm a bit of a hormonal mess lol :haha:

@josephine3 aw sorry you midwife wasn't sure. Though there's still time for him to turn.

38 weeks today, my pelvis is so loose, I feel like I'm falling apart if Im too active. I felt closer to labor at 36 weeks than I do now. All my Braxton hicks have stopped. My midwife hasn't checked me yet though I think they will at 39 weeks.

@Teanna we don't have any cervical checks until in labour here!
I've freaked my other half out today as I've been having what I presume are braxton hicks all day, I don't think they have a pattern or anything but they are uncomfortable enough to make me wonder if it's a very slow start to something. It's oh's first baby so any time I say I'm having any kind of pain he's like 'shall I ring the hospital what do I do??!!' I'm like just calm down lol.
Definitely made me want to get that bag packed though! I have just about ordered everything I need, should all arrive by Thursday so if baby can at least wait until then please :haha: 35 weeks on Sunday!

I had a a few instances of regular almost painful Braxton hicks around 36 weeks, definitely made me freak out and get everything ready. As soon as I did nothing, no signs I'm having her soon at all.

@Teanna I was having braxton hicks a lot around 28 ish weeks I think which freaked me out then nothing since, now suddenly they are back! I guess it's our bodies getting ready but I don't remember having them with my first 2. Be nice if they are actually doing something though. Mind you I'm still none the wiser as to which was baby is round. I'm tempted to book a private scan on Friday, a week before my nhs one to find out. Then at least I can either relax about it or get at the exercises before it's too late!

@josephine3 i was gonna say would it be possible to ask for a scan to put your mind at rest. Hopefully baby is head down and you can relax

@Laurabub84 I've got my next nhs scan on the 9th Feb but that's at 36+5 so they would be looking at booking me in for a c-section if he's breech on that so would love to get him turned before then really. I think I'll book a private one for 35+5 (it's only 60 quid) so if he's breech there at least I have a week left to turn him before they start talking about c-sections. I did feel hiccups today low down so I'm hoping that's a good sign!
My order with all my hospital bag stuff turned up really early today!! So I'm really happy with that, the one thing was the bras don't fit which is a shame but I got some lovely new slippers and pj's and a fluffy dressing gown so I can feel all cosy and luxurious after the birth. I haven't really bought any nice maternity clothes or spent anything on myself that I wanted to this pregnancy so while I had the money I thought I would treat myself for a change! And its good to have soft cosy stuff to wear after the birth. Also got my food order with my sweets and snacks so I'm almost ready to go when baby is!!

No braxton hicks today though which is s relief for now x

@josephine3 hope it's a good sign baby flipped since your last scan. Comfy stuff is the best after birth, I remember last time I basically lived in my fluffy robe and slipper socks for 2 weeks postpartum.

38+3 days now and I go days between even getting any Braxton hicks then if I do get them it's a bunch of time able ones that almost feel like early labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->