January/ February Snowflakes 2024

I've had a few again today and feeling quite nauseous at times with a dodgy belly. Tummy bug or early sign of things getting closer? I'm not sure!

My guts been unpredictable for the past couple weeks. I got my hopes up but doesn't seem to be labor related in my case. Hopefully you don't have a stomach bug.

Tmi but I've been so regular throughout this pregnancy, constipated yeah a bit but predictable every morning still. But now I'm all over the place sometimes diarrhea sometimes can't go at all it's really annoying! Don't think a tummy bug but the house seems to be coming down with another cold, aarrgh. We only just got rid of the Xmas one!
Feeling hiccups high again today and kicks low so baby is keeping me guessing still!

Had my midwife appointment today, I'm now 38+5. Managed to convince her to do a cervical check out of just curiosity. I'm 2cm and almost 50% effaced. Not sure what to think though since I was more progressed by now in my first pregnancy though know it can suddenly go quick as well. I'm still leaning towards probably getting to my due date but we'll see.

That sounds good about effacement etc! I don't think we ever get told effacement. And only get checks for dilation once in active labour. Did you say you have a sweep booked?
Im feeling pretty crampy again today and a bit nauseous and dodgy belly again. Getting harder just to move around, feeling it now! Perhaps it's my age lol

No sweep booked, I had one before and just found it a bit painful and it didn't start labor. Sounds like you could be getting closer.

I'm getting so uncomfortable now. The skin on my belly is sore and it's starting to really hurt to walk. Im hoping baby decides to come out soon and this is actually the last week.

I was given a sweep whilst in labour with my second it was so painful I don't know why she did it! I was already 7cm!! She didn't even ask!! I will be specifically telling them not to this time unless I ask for one. Lots of bh again tonight. I've got that private scan booked tomorrow to see if baby has turned head down yet!

Last edited:
He's head down!!! Yay!! And the right way round too, so not back to back. Phew! Hope he stays put! Couple of pics x

Screenshot_20240202-203232.png

Screenshot_20240202-203224.png

Screenshot_20240202-203214.png

Last edited:
Great news! Now he needs to stay that way!

Awesome news, hope he stays that way!

Thought I may be going into early labor last night but it only lasted a few hours and nothing since. Though my pelvis is ridiculously loose I end up having to stop while walking from my hips trying to pop out of place. Baby's butt is sitting not much above my belly button now so maybe I'll go into labor this weekend. I can sense there's been a shift in my body so feeling hopeful she'll arrive soon.

I'm definitely in labor, think baby will be here by end of day today

@Teanna how exciting. Best of luck all goes smoothly and can’t wait to see your next update.

Good luck! I hope all went well and baby is in your arms now :)

Everleigh Maya was born Feb 3rd at 8:18pm, 7lbs 2oz. Vbac was successful but ended up with a retained placenta which the on call OB was able to remove by pulling it out himself. Not pleasant considering I didn't have an epidural but no D&C so it went well.

20240203_204856~2.jpg

Congratulations! Well done on getting your VBAC!

Manual extraction without an epidural sounds awful though yikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->