January/ February Snowflakes 2024

Welcome and congrats!

The Chinese gender chart has never been right for me. Well with my twins it was half right :rofl:

Some charts take your lunar age into consideration and some you need to do the conversion yourself, so that's something to take note of. When I use my actual age and not my lunar age then it was right for one of my three singletons and swapped the gender of my twins (so was still half right :haha:)
But it's done the "proper" way, nope.
It's to the point that I'm going to go with the opposite of what the chart tells me this time. I did it earlier this pregnancy but I've already forgotten the result :haha: but I think it was the same whether I used my real age or lunar age.

Edit: yeah it's saying girl with both my lunar age and my real age so based on my track record, that means it's almost certainly a boy :haha:

@Azasha welcome! Haven't tried the Chinese gender yet. It was right with my daughter.

Chinese gender predictor says girl, I think that's probably right. My family only seems to have girls.

Finally got to hear the heartbeat today at my first midwife appointment. Took a while to find it but it was there. I'm so relieved after the spotting I had last week. Hopefully I'll have my genetic testing ultrasound next week. The hospital should call me in the next few days with a date.

That's great news! I had a wonderful midwife appointment too. I feel *so* supported and respected in my choices, and the midwife seemed genuinely excited to support me in a HBAC water birth, whether I end up calling them or not. And I got no pushback about being upfront about what I am wanting and not wanting with prenatal care. They've had clients have zero ultrasounds so me only wanting one at 34 weeks to check the placenta for previa or accreta was totally cool to her, as was my wanting finger pricks instead of the glucose drink for GD.

@NDH that's great your midwife is on board with your plan and you feel supported. I'm feeling the same way about mine although I have a team of 3 midwives so I have yet to meet 2 of them.

@littlewitch cute baby boy bump!

Reactions: NDH
@NDH that's great your midwife is on board with your plan and you feel supported. I'm feeling the same way about mine although I have a team of 3 midwives so I have yet to meet 2 of them.

There are two teams of two midwives here - I'm with one team for all my prenatal appointments, meaning I'll alternate between two. But for the birth, there's a chance one of the midwives from the other team will be at the birth. That part makes me leary, because I know I don't jive with one of the midwives on the second team

That's great that the mw is supportive @NDH!
Lovely bump @Teanna x
Have any of you ladies had round ligament pain yet? I feel like it's too early but when I stand up too fast from the sofa Im getting a really sharp shooting pain on the sides already x

Reactions: NDH
@Teanna so happy for you your appointment went well. Yay for hearing baby’s heartbeat. It really is the most amazing sound. My Doppler has been a god send this pregnancy with all the cramps I keep having. Such a relief to know baby’s doing well in there

@NDH glad you had an understanding midwife that listened to your wishes.

@littlewitch beautiful bump hun. I feel huge already this pregnancy :shock:

@josephine3 completely normal. I swear that’s always one of my early symptoms before bfp. I’d sneeze and feel like I’d tear something in there. They can be so painful and take your breath. Even early things start growing and stretching in there. I’ve noticed this time when ever I have a panic about an episode of strong cramping that a couple of days later my bump pops out more. Think I’m just more sensitive to feeling everything growing and stretching this time around. Doesn’t stop me freaking out tho when it happens.

I have my 16 week midwife appointment in a couple of hours. Quite relieved about having urine checked because the rate I keep needing to pee is insane especially once I get into bed and it instantly gives me a heavy achy pain like I’ve been holding all day. Quite scared about how my bladders gonna cope when I’m heavily pregnant at this rate, lol. I still can’t believe this is really happening. Really hope I start feeling some movement next week. My last 2 I felt at 16 weeks. So excited for it. Hoping then it will finally hit home I’m having a baby :cloud9:
Also my kids think it’s awesome baby is the size of SpongeBob this week :haha:

@josephine3 very normal. I always get them from super early.

@Laurabub84 good luck with your appointment

I have my gender scan in 3 days. I'm so excited but I'm so nervous something will be wrong. Pregnancy after loss is no joke.

Thanks ladies. Appointment went well but my last lot of bloods showed I’m boarderline anemic so I have to have bloods repeated. She did try to do it herself but I’m one of these awkward people who’s veins don’t like to play ball, so now have to book in at the hospital to have it done which is a pain as it takes a couple of weeks to book in there. Also hate having to take iron tablets as they always upset my stomach, so I’m not looking forward to having to take those. She had a listen in to babys heartbeat and said it sounded perfect. Just wish I could shift the anxiety for this pregnancy. @salamander91 you’re right, being pregnant after a loss is terrifying. I thought I’d relax once I got to 2nd tri but I haven’t at all and it still doesn’t feel real. I need to start feeling these movements now. I’ve never felt this anxious through any of my pregnancies except the miscarriage but I knew all the way through something was wrong. I don’t have that feeling this time but I’m still so scared.
How exciting you’ll be finding out the gender in a few days. Can’t wait to hear what you’re having.

Thanks ladies. Appointment went well but my last lot of bloods showed I’m boarderline anemic so I have to have bloods repeated. She did try to do it herself but I’m one of these awkward people who’s veins don’t like to play ball, so now have to book in at the hospital to have it done which is a pain as it takes a couple of weeks to book in there. Also hate having to take iron tablets as they always upset my stomach, so I’m not looking forward to having to take those. She had a listen in to babys heartbeat and said it sounded perfect. Just wish I could shift the anxiety for this pregnancy. @salamander91 you’re right, being pregnant after a loss is terrifying. I thought I’d relax once I got to 2nd tri but I haven’t at all and it still doesn’t feel real. I need to start feeling these movements now. I’ve never felt this anxious through any of my pregnancies except the miscarriage but I knew all the way through something was wrong. I don’t have that feeling this time but I’m still so scared.
How exciting you’ll be finding out the gender in a few days. Can’t wait to hear what you’re having.

My hemoglobin was 89 at my booking bloods. It should be over 110 apparently #-o I can only tolerate a low dose of iron so hopefully it does enough otherwise I'll need an infusion.

I really thought I would feel better in second tri too but I'm still so anxious. I've felt the odd movement here and there but it just makes me nervous on the days I don't feel it now lol

My hemoglobin was 89 at my booking bloods. It should be over 110 apparently #-o I can only tolerate a low dose of iron so hopefully it does enough otherwise I'll need an infusion.

I really thought I would feel better in second tri too but I'm still so anxious. I've felt the odd movement here and there but it just makes me nervous on the days I don't feel it now lol

yeah I don’t cope well with iron for some reason. I was suppose to take 3 a day with my son but I had constant stomach pains and it made me feel awful so I could only take 1-2. They were still happy when they rechecked my bloods so seems that was enough. I think mine was 114 so ok but still on the low side.
It’s great you’ve been feeling movements. I’m still waiting to feel anything. She told me from 16-24 weeks you should feel them more and more up until 32 weeks where they should stay the same until birth. 16 weeks is still early with movements and I remember going some days not feeling anything until later on. I’ve not felt anything so far that’s made me think it’s baby. She said it depends where the placenta is and I didn’t think to ask at the scan where mines positioned. I was just so relieved to see baby was ok and it doesn’t say on my notes either. Will have to remember to ask at my 20 week scan. I really can’t wait to start feeling regular movements

yeah I don’t cope well with iron for some reason. I was suppose to take 3 a day with my son but I had constant stomach pains and it made me feel awful so I could only take 1-2. They were still happy when they rechecked my bloods so seems that was enough. I think mine was 114 so ok but still on the low side.
It’s great you’ve been feeling movements. I’m still waiting to feel anything. She told me from 16-24 weeks you should feel them more and more up until 32 weeks where they should stay the same until birth. 16 weeks is still early with movements and I remember going some days not feeling anything until later on. I’ve not felt anything so far that’s made me think it’s baby. She said it depends where the placenta is and I didn’t think to ask at the scan where mines positioned. I was just so relieved to see baby was ok and it doesn’t say on my notes either. Will have to remember to ask at my 20 week scan. I really can’t wait to start feeling regular movements

I'm only taking 1 so far and a reduced dose to what they originally gave me but I usually get the opposite reaction to most people and get diarrhoea from iron lol which isn't ideal when you can't take anything for diarrhoea during pregnancy. I seem to be ok on just the 1 tablet thankfully.

I hope you feel movement soon. 16 weeks is early. I definitely have days where I don't feel them and I only really feel them when I'm lying down in bed.

Sorry edited because I posted far too soon there lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->