January Labor Watch!

Hi ladies! So my induction yesterday don't quite go so well. I had two bad reactions to the medication they put in the cervix. One was very strong and constant contractions for 6 hours! Finally they took it out and I didn't dilate at all. Then a few hours later they put it back in. This time I got a fever, was put on antibiotics, and the meds were removed. I did however get morphine this time which helped ease the pain. Around 4amfor the started the oxytocin drip. I think the morphine is still working because I haven't felt any pain yet. My poor hubby is sleeping on the floor because they're are no beds in L&D!

We're hoping and praying LO comes today. Please keep us in your thoughts!

Oh no, I hope baby comes soon ( or is already here). Take care :flower:

Late reply!!!

Congrats to the deliveries! Baby Wyatt took a bit of coaxing. Born 1/6/15 at 10:18 pm weighing 8lbs 7ounces.

I never got past a 1 so they had to start pitocin which led to a panick attack and an epidural at 7:30pm. Check then was still 1. So l laid down and thankfully my nurse was a good friend!! After only 2 hours I was ready! Went from 1-10 in 2 hours. All I need was to chill out!

We are well. I had a bit of a fever and a bleed but ok. He had a fever yesterday which my pediatrician believes from the vaccine due to all negative blood tests! If all is well we can FINALLY go home tonight!!

Well done! Congratulations! :flower:

Oh, joy :( I had thought I would have a break from pain today. I woke up feeling great. No hip or back pain, no cramping, and lots of energy. I was able to get the closet in the kids room organised and do a couple loads of laundry with no problems. But now here I sit in my couch with what I'm guessing are contractions. It really feels like terrible menstrual cramps, even worse than I'd been feeling lately and leaving me feeling bruised. Coming in waves between 7-10 minutes apart so far, but I'm betting they will space out just like the contractions I've been having the last week. I am so ready for the 14th to finally get here, or for my water to just break.

Asher- I hear ya! This describes my night every night for the past few weeks. It's quite tiring and stressful :(

Same! I was 2 days late with my son and it seems as though I have been waiting MUCH longer this go around!

Trying to not get my hopes up, but my contractions have started to become a bit more regular. The last hour they've been coming about 7-9 minutes apart. But they aren't as strong as I would think true labor would be, but then again I have no idea since I've never gone through labor before.

No baby yet. They never got any closer last night so I went to bed expecting them to stop overnight. But the contractions are still going, and staying between 9-10 minutes apart right now. Maybe we will get some more progress today :)

Oooooooh yayyyy!!! That's exciting! Have they gotten any closer together now?!

No, unfortunately we are back to no contractions, but I've been having lower back pain all day. My body is just playing games with me now :( I would actually just love for it to stop so I can stop hurting and wondering if it's active labor or not. My c-section is Wednesday and I'm ready for it to get here!

Same here.. Our bodies are being quite mean this time around!! :( sorry your contractions stopped <\3 at least the section is soon! I'm gonna make hubby have some sexy time tonight so I can get this baby outtttt!! Hahaha ;D

Sorry to hear you both still having no luck!! No change here either, not even as crampy today, starting to think will go full term :( it's so hot and humid here too, walking around with belly hanging out all day lol

Princess - I hope your sexy time works :)

Waiting - that sucks that it's so hot. I remember being miserable when I was pregnant with my first when it was so hot :( I'm lucky that this time around its cold here! Although they are now predicting snow on my c-section date! I'm hoping for only snow, and no ice. Ice tends to happen around here more than snow.

Asher- there was a blizzard last year when I had my son via c-section O.O we had to be let out of the hospital a day early because there was no way we would make it home safely if we didn't leave before the roads became too covered to travel. Crazy stuff!

I am hoping this works too.. Dang it! Come out baby!!!!!

I think we have also decided on a name (almost 100% sure) Ara Irene
It's pronounced (are-uh). I had never heard of it up until a few weeks ago but I love it!!!

It makes me nervous because it's supposed to start the night before and I have to be at the hospital by 6:30 am. We will be driving in the dark and snow, and it's a 40 mile drive. Coming home won't be too bad. I should be released Saturday and it's supposed to be in the upper 50s that day :) But luckily our meteorologists are notorious for over reacting. Hoping it's the same this time around.

Hi ladies! I just wanted to put in a quick update here. Lou Simon was born on January 8th via c-section as all induction methods failed. Recovery has been great so far and he's doing really well. We're on our "second night" with him and it's been hard. It's 5:24 am here and he hasn't slept since 12. I hope all you ladies and babies are doing well!!

Congratulations hope things get easier for you xx

Asher- when we had our son it was a 40 mile drive fom hospital to home too so I understand! If its supposed to be in the 50's the day you leave I'm sure all will be just fine!!!

Wifey- congrats!!!! What an adorable name :) as for the sleep.... Welcome to motherhood ;D hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->