January ladies WE ARE HAVING OUR BABIES NEXT MONTH

victoria11, I'm one day ahead of you! :) I only started getting my hospital bag ready last weekend, bought a whole load of stuff, just have to wait for it all to arrive and pack it!

Well I bought a hospital bag the other day (£11 from BHS - bargain :) ) but I thought I would wait a couple more weeks as people keep telling me its still too soon :( I definitely want it done by Christmas though as I think I will be so busy with celebrations I will enjoy packing it alot more before then. Have you got any items you think I might have missed from my list ??? xx

What have you got on your list so far? Might be easier for us to add suggestions rather than go over what you've probably already got.

Well I used the list from the discussion page with included:

For me:

Pj's, (Going to take a nightie and a long top with bottoms - both can be used for nursing)
Dressing grown,
Socks,
Slippers,
Black underwear,
Going home clothes,
Towel,
Maternity pads,
Breast pads,
Nipple cream,
Toiletries,
Hair dryer,
Anti baterial gel,
Plastic bag for dirty clothes,
Snacks,

For baby:

2-3 baby vests,
2-3 baby grows,
Socks,
Mitts and hat,
Comforter / toy
Blanket,
Nappies,
Wipes,
Cotton buds,
Nappy bags,
Cardigan,
Snowsuit,
Muslins,
Bibs,

I will get my husband to take Camera and get him to put carseat in car maybe just after xmas so its there :)

I think thats my list for far :/ xx

Can't believe I can say I am due next month! Seem to have been pregnant for five minutes and forever at the same time. Due 11th January but everyone seems to think he is going to arrive this year for some reason

It will be interesting to see how many January ladies turn in to December ladies :) x

victoria11, what I've got different from you are:-

For me - flip flops for wearing to bathroom, nursing bra, magazines/books.

For baby - sudocream. And I'm also bringing babygrows and vests in two sizes, newborn and 0 - 3 months, a few of each.

I'm also packing a change of clothes for my husband in case the labour takes long (I hope not!!!), plus his toiletries.

It will be interesting to see how many January ladies turn in to December ladies :) x

i agree with this..hehe

i packed my bag .. well i tried lol
keep putting stuff in and taking bits out.. not helpful x

Thanks Yellowbuttons :) I'm not sure if I will be able to read magazines as I'll either be too excited or in too much pain lol! But maybe I should take a few just incase. Definitely going to take newborn and 0-3 sized clothes as I'm guessing unless you have a growth scan you won't know how big your baby is before their born right?

Some days my due date feels ages away and sometimes it feels just around the corner xx

Woohoo due on the 1st it's getting so close now! Been waiting for December for such a long time! :) x

Thanks Yellowbuttons :) I'm not sure if I will be able to read magazines as I'll either be too excited or in too much pain lol! But maybe I should take a few just incase. Definitely going to take newborn and 0-3 sized clothes as I'm guessing unless you have a growth scan you won't know how big your baby is before their born right?

Some days my due date feels ages away and sometimes it feels just around the corner xx

You're welcome! :) Well I know we're due next month but I kind of still feel like it's quite a way away because there's Christmas and New Year in between to get through yet!

I'm due on 19th January :) - soooooooooooooo excited!!!! :)

i'm taking holiday this week and maternity leave from next week :) - so am sitting trying to get a house move sorted :)!! But its crazy that we are only a few weeks away :)

Christmas and babies are coming :)!!!!!!!!!

Its true there does seem likes a lot of things going on before our due dates Yellowbuttons but they are all good things that normally fly by and the time we know it, it will be 1st January :), thats what keeps me patient lol!

I still can't imagine actually having my little one here! I always think it will be a relief to see him here and healthy but I'll probably just worry about a whole other bunch of things lol! x

Its the first thing i thought this morning when i got up, "The baby is coming next month!!!" Im so excited, i cant believe that after waiting 3 and a half years to fall pregnant, we are going to meet our little man in a few weeks time, due Jan 15th!!!:baby:
Must get my hospital bag sorted, cant wait to get it packed and ready!! :happydance:
xxxx

A pen!
Dont forget a pen. Sounds silly but you'd be surprised.

Its true there does seem likes a lot of things going on before our due dates Yellowbuttons but they are all good things that normally fly by and the time we know it, it will be 1st January :), thats what keeps me patient lol!

I still can't imagine actually having my little one here! I always think it will be a relief to see him here and healthy but I'll probably just worry about a whole other bunch of things lol! x

Tell me about it, I'm probably going to be a paranoid mummy, getting up every two secs to make sure she's alright! :dohh: :haha:

Right now I'm really looking forward to my mat leave start date which is 16th Dec! Perhaps that's why it still feels an age away for me - I've still got a couple of weeks of work to get through before I even think about Christmas and New Year so even those events seem quite a way away! Let alone my due date! :haha:

Yey it feels so soon now that we can say that!!! I'm due 22nd Jan so just over a month and a half for me :)

Emzy1 I noticed your a couple of days ahead of me, do you find you have been having more braxton hicks recently? I have noticed a few more recently xx

I haven't had any braxton hicks yet i really not that ive noticed, i noticed my bump gets really hard some times for a min or two but that about it. I really want them tho i feel left out hahah

I am due Jan 13th and I am so excited to hear the words "we are having our baby next month". :D

I'm due on 19th January :) - soooooooooooooo excited!!!! :)

i'm taking holiday this week and maternity leave from next week :) - so am sitting trying to get a house move sorted :)!! But its crazy that we are only a few weeks away :)

Christmas and babies are coming :)!!!!!!!!!

we are due the same day want to race lol :haha:

lol that's the other problem though isnt it because there isnt much room on the ward so its difficult to condense everything into a bag (I remember getting told off with dd1 as I had a bag under my bed and the MW said it was dangerous)

Im due the 6th :D and cannot wait now ive been in with pre term labour over the weekend and i tell you it scared the life out of me, so im rushing to get all my bags packed and ready now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->