January - Slim for 2009! month one!

Drazic<3

You got the love <3
Reaction score
Hey Dieting to TTC ladies, and welcome to month one of the big diet!

I thought id post a few good websites which might be helpful :)

- Original thread, for blinkies and names!
- Tesco diets, for free BMI calculator
- National Institute of health BMI calculator
- Calorie counter
- Livejournal (for online diaries)
- Back up calorie counter! (works better in IE than FF)
- Exercising with baby Thanks Jen :)

I dont mean to take over this whole thing! If anyone has any ideas, suggestions or whatever, go for it! This is our diet for all of us, and for our future LO's.

As discussed in the original thread, the weigh in dates are as follows;
- 7th Jan
- 14th Jan
- 21st Jan
- 28th Jan

Of course, these are flexible. Just provisional dates to work around.

Ohhh, and whilst im here, weightwatchers are doing 2 weeks for free right now, might be helpful to some for kick starting the diet, or to see if its helpful for you at all.

Good luck girls!!!

Do you think i could be really cheeky, go to weightwatchers for 2 weeks, get the freebies/books etc, and then leave? What do you get when you join?

Also, i know it's kinda faddy but i'm thinking of doing the special k two week challenge first too, just to kick start. They have an online thingy that i'm doing at the minute. Once i've done it i'll edit with a link if it's any good xx

The special K diet is good to get into the swing of things, but i was amazed how little 100gms of cereal actually is. :rofl: The website is new though, let us know how it goes :)

The free trial is for the online version, so im not sure what you will get, if anything. I think im going to sign up tomorrow (after the dreaded weigh) and see whether its worth it or not.

Ah, fair enough. I might go on and have a look. Basically this special K thing will give you a meal plan for 2 weeks, where 2 of the meals are special K.

https://www.kelloggs.co.uk/whatson/specialk/shapemate/home.aspx

xx

you go, girls!!! *as I eat my cheesesteak and drink my Dr. Pepper* :rofl:
Actually, once New Year's starts for me, since I've basically lived at work, I'm going to make a concerted effort. I wish there were sites dedicated to 3rd shift employees trying to diet, because it really is difficult. But I will start as soon as I get off work this morning! Go team!!! :D

Going to try to get to the swimming pool today !!!

I am going to be asking thick questions while doing this !!!!!!!

Is tinned fruit ok as long as it is in own juice ??? obviously fresh is better but for something different ??

My biggest thing is finding the motivation to do some flippin exercise! lol.

hey laaaaaaaaadies..

i was meant to start today but there are too many temptations in my way!! quick run down..i started sw (slimming world) oct 27th with 70lbs to loose!! lost 22lb by dec 22nd was doin fab put 3.5lb on over xmas....next weigh in mon so i hav to restart i MUST i NEED to if i am to ttc in SEPT or i will explode...

good luck everyone

h x

I am going to be asking thick questions while doing this !!!!!!!

Is tinned fruit ok as long as it is in own juice ??? obviously fresh is better but for something different ??

No questions are stupid questions. In my past life with an ed, i got pretty good at knowing all things calories, so im happy to help where i can :rofl:

Tinned fruit is great but as you said, go for tinned fruit in juice or water, as the syrup has loads of extra calories and sugars.

Im so pleased everyone is up for it. Hayley, you have done amazingly! such an inspiration!!!. Im even heavier than i thought i was :(, but im not going to beat myself up about it, just going to go for it :D

Just wondered,have any of us done any of the Carmen Electra workout dvds?I heard theyre quite good and theyre dead cheap on Amazon.xx

I did the special K diet it was pretty good lost 7 ibs in 10 days but i've gone right off cornflakes now lol xx

Carmen Electra? Havent tried that one. I have a list of new ones to go through, and as i do ill post about them. Maybe others could do the same? Im going to do the bellydancing workout today, if i can get the OH out the way so he doesnt take the p! Ill post about it later. Also, i will be doing the tidy the house and take down the xmas decorations workout :rofl:

I too will be doing that work out (the tidying one,not the belly dancing one)
Posting about our exercise Dvds sounds good.Ive ordered one of the Carmen Electra ones and I'm planning to put Ophelia in her bouncer and let her watch me exercise...lucky girl!Not!xx

Ive had enough now...

....am i slim yet?

i want to do this but
got to many sweets and crap around still from xmas lol
i dont have any scales at the moment.

Will just kinda repeat what i already posted in the right place. I'm doing crap so far, not been able to start because everyone else in the house is ill, and so there's only crap food in. Once i get to go shopping then i'll be able to start xx

yeah, that sucks Katy. We have bugger all food in here. Im going to go to asda tomorrow and stock up on my favourite diet foods;
- Asda diet range strawberry mousse <3
- Crackerbread
- sugar free veggie jelly
- salad
- Weight watchers mini cheesecakes
- Quorn cottage pie.

I just did the 'Temple of Jehan Ultimate Belly dance workout' - I should of realised by the term 'ultimate' rather than 'beginner' , that you might need some experience of belly dancing first! Most of it i could follow, but im glad i waited for OH to go to work because i think i looked like a complete idiot :rofl: Not the most exasperating or sweat provoking workout ever, but i can feel it in my muscles now im sat back down! (but that could be that ive torn something doing it wrong :dohh: )

:rofl: Hope you haven't pulled anything!

I'm probs gonna buy myself a new workout dvd tomorrow, i've lost mine. Hopefully be getting some healthier food in soon so i can start properly. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->