January SnowAngels 2012, 2nd and 3rd Tri

Ugh, rubbish nights sleep last night!

Kezz I found Imperial Mints worked wonders for heartburn in my last pregnancy, always had some on me.

Daisy your bump looks so perfect, cant wait for mine to be pure baby.
My stretchmarks from last pregnancy are starting to show a little bit now, anyone want to admit to having the dreading stretchmarks?

Midwife appointment tomorrow! Very excited but also nervous about blood test results.

Me too LM :( Now that I've got quite a big bump the stretch marks from my last pregnancy (although faded) are showing. Ah boo! Good luck in your midewife apt apt x

Just had quick read through but hope everyone's ok xx

Hi all

I have a quick question.

My belly seems to be swollen on one side. i think that is the side that the baby is on as i heard the heartbeat at the docs yesterday and that is the side that she found the heartbeat. But I also feel a kind of sharp twinge/on off bruise feeling (not all the time it just lasts like a second or too and then on and off for about ten minutes..then comes back later)on that side too. Could it be the baby or could it maybe something else?

i was supposed to have a scan yesterday too but they messed up my appointment (again) so now i have to rebook that. Hopefully that will aleve my fears a little.

Hope everyone is doing well today :)

Agh - today I have been so good - no sweets at all, and i've had vague heartburn all day! Going to get some imperial mints I think and see if they work, I can't cope with this.

One more thing, i'm worried about my scan tomorrow - It's a private sexing scan and he said to have a full bladder, problem is, when my bladder is even remotely full it makes my tummy quite painful (even more so than it does anyway with a full bladder) and i'm not sure i'll be able to stand being poked at with the scanner thing with the pain. Do you think if it's just a bit full that will do? I know the hospital told me I didn't need to fill my bladder for 20 weeks scan, and at my 12 weeks it was only a little full and they saw fine? I don't want them to not be able to see the sex though just cause I didn't want to fill my bladder up too much, but it's really quite painful when full (and I'm prob talking about half full here, not even mega full!!)

erghh heartburn :( the only thing that works for me is liquid gaviscon!!

I am rubbish at filling my bladder too, it hurts me, and I need to pee after each cup full, they shouted at me last time lol

Finally gave in and bought some maternity clothes for this expending bump! :happydance:

2 trousers and 4 tops :) also spend lots on make-up today and I have a hair appt on Monday so might start feeling better :)

I'm jealous - my bump is getting big but it stills feels mostly soft and wobbles about a bit. If I tense then it all goes rock hard, but I want it to be solid so it's all baby. Am I still allowed to call it a baby bump? lol.

I have been getting these weird twinges/pains for a couple of weeks now, and I still don't know if they're baby moving or just stretching pains. Will I know when it's baby? I've heard people say it feels like bubbles, and these kind of do, but they are a little bit painful too, and I thought baby moving was supposed to feel nice?

I feel completely clueless...I hope when I feel baby I will know it, cause I don't want to miss it! But I don't have a clue what i'm looking for really! Midwife said it feels a bit like wind, and then someone else told me it feels nothing like wind, so?!?! lol.

Oh my tummy is most definatly wobbly :haha: but I am calling it a bump cos the top part is very hard and high.........nothing to how its gonna be though lol

You will know when its baby for sure......it feels like bubbles popping or butterflies flapping around x

Oh, I've got those dreaded stretch marks. :( They started appearing last week I think. I purchased Palmer's body lotion/butter and it makes them lighter. Not sure if it actually helps. Funny thing is I haven't gained any weight at all. Just the belly getting bigger. I haven't been on here lately, so I have a lot of catching up to do, but for the ladies in the US and Canada, I've got some freebies that I found online:

https://www.uddercovers.com has a really neat thing called breastfeeding aprons. They provide full coverage and they're free with the promo code: Breastfeeding -all you pay is shipping and handling!

https://www.sevenslings.com has really fun cloth slings for carrying baby from newborn to toddler. They're also free with the promo code: Breastfeeding OR you can enter promo code: ucovers -both give you the item for free. You just pay shipping and handling. If you purchase the gift packages for the slings or the breastfeeding aprons, they do charge $5 plus shipping with the promo code. Still a good deal. I ordered mine already. :) Just thought I'd pass the savings along.

Hi all

I have a quick question.

My belly seems to be swollen on one side. i think that is the side that the baby is on as i heard the heartbeat at the docs yesterday and that is the side that she found the heartbeat. But I also feel a kind of sharp twinge/on off bruise feeling (not all the time it just lasts like a second or too and then on and off for about ten minutes..then comes back later)on that side too. Could it be the baby or could it maybe something else?

i was supposed to have a scan yesterday too but they messed up my appointment (again) so now i have to rebook that. Hopefully that will aleve my fears a little.

Hope everyone is doing well today :)

my bump is higher on the left size due to my left sided anterior placenta (especially when i lay down or after DTD :blush:). it's a bit early to see if bub is sitting on either left or right but i'd say bub was snuggled against your placenta anyways, like a pillow :winkwink: since you found the heartbeat there.

hi ladies how is everyone ?

morning ladies :wave:

:cake: just thought i'd give myself a cake because its my birthday:blush:

so what is the best cloth nappies? i had terry toweling ones with my first and i hated them

Daisy those are great pics!!!
I am also sleeping very poorly to you ladies also having difficulties.
FMDJ i too suffered alot from stretch marks in my first pregnancy. Sometimes there is nothing you can do. This time i have lotioned with palmers as well and they seem to be fading at least lol. Thanks for those pages very helpful.
Fruitymeli hi to you as well

hi ladies how is everyone ?

morning ladies :wave:

:cake: just thought i'd give myself a cake because its my birthday:blush:

so what is the best cloth nappies? i had terry toweling ones with my first and i hated them

Happy Birthday!!!!! :flower:

Cloth nappies..... Personally I like Motherease onesize.. never had a leak! Check out the natural parenting section, as there are loads of reviews there. Lots of people like the prettier ones, but I've always found they leak!

Stretchmarks - I had loads last time and dreading it again!!

Paula.. Hope that shopping therapy works!! I caved in and dug out my maternity jeans the other week... last time I didn't need to until 25 weeks!

What is everyone up to today? I'm taking Isaac to Active Antz then swimming, then HAVE to go to Meadow hall and return some trousers.......

Happy birthday 3RARwife. Hope you have a lovely day.

I have horrendous stretch marks from my previous pregnancy. I tend to describe it as freddy cruger attacked me with a cheese grater! I should really be putting cream on religiously but I'm dreadful at remembering to do it!

Well, I've managed a cup of tea (no milk) for two mornings in a row and have only felt sick if I've eaten too much tea and stayed up too late. Normal service may be resuming?! Still very exhausted though and having to sleep in the day.

I've found the sling I want, trouble is it's £50-£70 ish !! I'm either going to have to bake lots of cakes or rob a bank for all the stuff I want! Nappies, new pushchair, bednest etc etc! Aghhhhh!

Hi All! Midwife today - get the dreaded bloodtest results, but very eager to hear bubs again, and annie is excited to go and see the baby doctor!

My mums neighbour gave me an advent microwave steriliser with two bottles and a dummy never before used for free- how nice is that? We were going to use a cold water steriliser with the tablets as thats what we did with Annie but cant turn down a freebie can you?!

Good luck with the scan today Kezz, very excited to know (mine is 4 weeks away!)

Happy birthday 3RAR.

Hope everyone has a good day

Good luck kezz. I remember how I excited I was on Sunday! Can't wait to hear if you're pink or blue!!

Kellz.... Check out the Cloth Nappy tree... I picked up an almost new sling/wrap for £20! Normal price around £55!

Yay for frebbies LM! I was given a microwave steriliser.. and they are quite good - much quicker than tablets.. I BF so never used bottles that much, so was never organised to use tablets! Oh and goodluck at MW!

Thanks k477uk. I've just bid on a Kari-me on eBay. They haven't got any hugabubs and they're just ridiculously expensive really. I just want to be able to carry baby when dropping Sam off at school and be able to breastfeed discreetly. I was very shy with Sam and didn't leave the house much when I was breastfeeding. Will have a nosy at that website though and see what other goodies I can pick up.

Freebies are the best, although I've been promised girls clothes from 4 different people, one of whom had 2 girls!! Have a feeling I'm going to be over run! Don't mind though, the only trouble is baby isn't going to have her own room until we move so she's sharing ours and only has a small chest of drawers for her clothes! Me thinks Karl may be losing some wardrobe space!!

Thanks k477uk. I've just bid on a Kari-me on eBay. They haven't got any hugabubs and they're just ridiculously expensive really. I just want to be able to carry baby when dropping Sam off at school and be able to breastfeed discreetly. I was very shy with Sam and didn't leave the house much when I was breastfeeding. Will have a nosy at that website though and see what other goodies I can pick up.

Freebies are the best, although I've been promised girls clothes from 4 different people, one of whom had 2 girls!! Have a feeling I'm going to be over run! Don't mind though, the only trouble is baby isn't going to have her own room until we move so she's sharing ours and only has a small chest of drawers for her clothes! Me thinks Karl may be losing some wardrobe space!!

I missed that! congrats on your little girl hun :flower: ours will only have to share our room too for now and will only have his/her own set of draws .... got a feelling I will have to be very organised :haha:

you girls are making me jealous with all your shopping! I cant wait to start :happydance: starting after 21 week scan....cant wiat to find out pink or blue now :blush: looking forward to getting all tiny baby clothes out the loft and going through it and washing it :D

I will say it again ladies...............still no movement :shrug: be patient Paula :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->