January SnowAngels 2012, 2nd and 3rd Tri

Quick question - with having the vulvadynia etc the midwife and doctor think i should be okay with an epidural (preferably before any internal examinations!!) but has anyone here had an epidural? And what I want to know is... does it actually take away all the pain. I'm not bothered about the contractions etc, it's the crowning part really, as that is where the vulvadynia vestibulitis is... does it numb that area so you can't feel anything/feel less or what? Any words from people who have experiences one would be v helpful!!

Quick question - with having the vulvadynia etc the midwife and doctor think i should be okay with an epidural (preferably before any internal examinations!!) but has anyone here had an epidural? And what I want to know is... does it actually take away all the pain. I'm not bothered about the contractions etc, it's the crowning part really, as that is where the vulvadynia vestibulitis is... does it numb that area so you can't feel anything/feel less or what? Any words from people who have experiences one would be v helpful!!

the epidural will take the pain away if it is administered the proper way. the issue i would be concerned about with you is the pain you will experience after delivery and the epidural wears off but i also wonder if the stretching of that area will make things better for you and then you and your partner maybe be able to have intercourse. i think your doctor is being very intuned to your condition. i hope that helps

well due to injury i sulfured in the army my back has been a full stage of joint and disc deterioration. the pain has been really bad but since i quite being to active since i got pregnant it has been atleast tolerable well that is now seriously over. the lastfew days i have been tormented by pain just really bad. the baby is growing and is almost crippling my mobility

Sorry Iv not been around much lately guys, far too much chat to read through :hugs:

im sure ive put about two stone on, which seems to have slowed down slightly.

Im having trouble with trapped wind inmy lower abb :( it can be so painful some days. Also i have errupted in spots, my skin is going through puberty!!! iv never had spots but im now covered :( im convinced im having a girl, my hair is lank and dull and seems to have stopped growing, which is fab cos i only have to shave my legs once a week :rofl:

Im waiting for my glow but im running out of patience.

got my 16 week check tomorrow, very excited :wohoo:

kezz: i had a epitderal with my DD due to the fact the my contractions were lasting for 5 min straight i just couldnt handle it. But i felt nothing. They did have to put it twice cuz they missed the first time. But i felt nothing during my labor. When it is time to push they should have to you a practice round. If you are pushing well then they will leave the epideral as is if you are having trouble because you are not feeling anything then they will turn it down so you an start to feel pressure. Even during crowning you should only feel pressure not really pain. For me they turned the epideral off when i was ready to push cuz i wanted to feel my baby being born and not miss anything. So i did feel everything when she was born. The pain after it has worn off then they will give you some medicine for the pain but me i didnt have to much pain after i felt great. The only thing i didnt like about it was having to be laying down the whole time and they would come in and check me every so often so i could not get any rest before it was time to push.

Wow all you ladies are getting great bumps. I just took one laying down at 14 weeks i will have to take another one and upload it. Im jelous of all you ladies that got to know the gender of your baby before you are 20 weeks. I finally will get mine at the end of aug or beginging of sept. I just cant wait.

I too having gained any weight yet i have acually lost a few lbs but im losing from other places as well as my belly is getting bigger lol. I gained 20 lbs by now with my DD so i am very happy lol

beautiful bump pics ladies

sorry kezz can't help you on the epi, both my girls are gas babys :)

lintu i feel your pain, i haven't stopped breaking out since i conceived :( and wind is shocking too :rofl:

sigh branxton hicks already

What exactly is gas and air? I have never heard of that in the us? Maybe its just a uk thing?

it's nitrous oxide. or "laughing gas" though i wasn't laughing i could have sworn i saw a white tiger in the room when i had DD1.

but does it really ease the pain. Does the baby come out like a little wierd from the gas?? I just find this sooo interesting i really wish i could try it. And how about you do you feel like kinda druged after baby is born or does it wear off quickly?

Kezz I had an epidural, it worked couldnt feel a thing, I had it topped up a couple of times and then cuz we went to theatre I got numbed from the neck down just in case it ended in c-section. I would recommend the epi, I want it this time but dont want it topped up right before the pushing as it made it hard to tell when I needed to push.

Gas and air had me in stitches I was laughing so hard my mum told me off for using it too much!

I dreamt I had Braxton Hicks last night which was wierd.

My friends sis gave birth last night at 25 + 6. The baby weighs 2lb!

Anyone living in London? Stay safe if you do!

Have a good day all!

I hope your friends sister and baby are doing well LM, baby must be so tiny!
I love the bump pictures, hope to see more.

Sorry cant help with the Epi question Kezz, although I had one with dd1 I was soon taken for my EMCS and put under so cant really remember it. TBH they scare me.

I've put on 2kg so far (thats around 5lb I think) I will be asking the MW to weigh me every time I see her just so I can keep an eye on it creeping up.

Did loads around the house and garden yesterday and really felt achey by the end of the day so today is a work free day, going to take the girls out to a lake for some bike riding and playing, not been before though so hope its ok there.

Hope everyone has a good day and indeed if your in London or now Birmingham stay safe, its bloody scary. We were meant to be going to football Sunday in London but may well give it a miss now.

mmcheek - that sucks!

I know i've had really painful trapped wind, but it always starts at night and then I spend half the night trying to pass wind and tossing and turning all night. Usually wake up fine again in the morning but doesn't help me get a lot of sleep!

Thanks for all the epidural answers ladies! I'm terrified of the birth part, I've not had an operation so I don't know what it feels like to have a part of you numb, which scares me, but not just that - if I can feel any pain while baby is crowning it will be torture and I dunno if I would just pass out or something. If I can't get a tampon in for the pain then how am I gonna push a baby out? I'm scared of tearing and being in agony from the stitches. I half wish they'd just say 'oh let's just do a c-section it will save all the trouble' but everyone i've spoke to so far seems unwilling, although the doctor did say she wasn't ruling it out. She wasn't very nice though, and basically looked at us like 'why did u get pregnant if you can't push the baby out?' I'm hoping to get to speak to the aneasthetist soon, but I don't know if they'll be able to help much as I assume it's up to the doc/midwife at the time whether they turn the epi off or leave it on throughout. It's all a bit scary

but does it really ease the pain. Does the baby come out like a little wierd from the gas?? I just find this sooo interesting i really wish i could try it. And how about you do you feel like kinda druged after baby is born or does it wear off quickly?

I found because I was breathing it in during a contraction it really helped control my breathing. It really just takes the top off ur pain but I love it. They don't let you have it while your pushing and is completely out of your system in 2-5 mins. It also doesnt cross over to the placenta so bub is just the same is you had no pain relief.

Iv just got back from my 16 week check and all my bloods are fine, but she couldnt tell me my downs range, said i had to ask as the 20 week scan cos its not on the system only in my notes!!!

But she said my iron is fab at 120 :wohoo: found the hb :hugs: she couldnt tell me the bpm cos it wouldnt keep still :haha: but yeahy its all good

Hi ladies. Can you update my due date to the 19th as was put back at scan.

Hope everybody is well just wondering if anybody else is suffering from all day headaches, I didn't have them with the previous two dd's so don't really have any idea what to do about them. Sometimes they get really severe.

i have them on and off huni, but when i get them they are horrid :(

Kat - sounds like a fun day out :)

mmcheek - wow! What an amazing story, my friends mum was told that she was menopausal and that she had stomach cancer, they operated took out a tumor and didn't see my friend hidden! They only found out she was arriving 4 weeks before she was born! But that was back in 1985 :)

Duejan and 5 - pillows on the floor sounds like a good plan :) Bet she'll miss though...

5 - you've got such a cute little bump :)

Kezz - wowzers :) so jealous, I have a bump with an overhang too!

LM - we have a white snowsuit as well as 2 leopardprint ones (with ears :lol:) I love baby's in snowsuits in the winter :)

Blaire - :wave: I did wonder where I'd seen your name before on PK's journal :) have updated you :)

Maz - :hugs: glad everything's ok!

mmcheek - :hugs: can the Docs give you anything for the pain?

duejan - gas and air does nothing to the baby and it's bloody wonderful! I don't know why they don't offer in the USA! You feel like you're drunk, or at least I did. I think it's useful as it helps you to concentrate your breathing.

LM - that's a really good weight for 25+6! Do they know why she went into labour that early?

Lintu - yay for a good appointment :) I asked my MW about the ratio for downs, even though I got the letter saying low risk. Apparently they no longer give it out on Cornwall? Think that's a bit of bollocks to be honest!

ELSMUM - changed your dates, they put you back quite a bit! I thought mine was a lot with an 8 days difference!

The rioting scares me a bit, there was an "unrelated disturbance" in Newquay last night and they're talking about calling off the footie in Plymouth and Exeter, don't understand why with the Exeter game, but Plymouth are playing at home to Millwall so I guess they anticipate trouble.

I know Penzance is near enough the furthest away you can get from the riots, but it's still scary, knowing the local twats here will probably follow suit, hopefully they'll wait until next weekend once we've moved away from the bottom end of town where the kebab shops and the club is! Apparently there's graffiti appearing on one of the pubs around the corner :( Wasn't there last night when I walked past!

Packing up is going fairly well :) I think my OH is getting slightly ahead of himself though with packing, most of our stuff is now in boxes, like all of my books! I only have one that was with me yesterday! There's no way that's lasting until Monday! At least I have a new book on it's way from Amazon so I'll hopefully have that soon :)

My bump now feels hard when I wake in the morning :) I'm gonna try and take a bump pic later, I feel nice and pregnant now :) I took my shirt off before we shut the shop on Sunday and my cashier was shocked at how big I was looking (my work shirt is rather tent-like!)

Hope no one on here's been caught up with the riots :(

Rees I know i was gutted but really didn't have a clue due to cycles ranging from 26 - 42 days so was really a hopeful guess!!!

Maybe you'll go early ELSMUM :) I was put back and then forward with Tegan, she came a day before the last date so I was annoyed! They should never have put me forward 4 days to slap bang between 2 dates, would have been more accurate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->