January SnowAngels 2012, 2nd and 3rd Tri

K447 your right it child bnefit is income based now. Forgot to say Lintu you get the forms to apply for all your benefits in a bounty pack you get in the hospital when the baby is born.

My little girl has started talking in her sleep and was singing happy birthday at 5am this morning whilst out cold!

I didnt realise CB had changed. Baby has to be registered before you can apply for anything, so get that done as soon as you can because not all benefits get back dated (or if they do its not far)
I find benefits so confusing and stressful, we get CB (for my 2) and £10wk CTC and that's it.
This new system probably means we're even worse off now then.
OH sometimes wonders why he works as hard as he does to have to pay loads of tax and get little help back. Its worse when you see the programmes on tv with the scammers and wasters. But I know OH has more pride and self respect than that.
Of course there are genuine cases (was one myself and that was difficult enough) but to know some get everything on a plate is hard to take.

Opps mini rant there :blush:

Cheers guys xxx my problem is DH is on minimum wage so if you take mine out of the equation he gets just enough to cover the bills and that doesn't take into account fuel/food/savings zip.

I dont really wanna go back to work after baby cos with childcare I will only be about £200 per mth better off! Aaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhh it's very annoying that it's looking like I'm not going to be able to raise my own child, just let's hope prices don't go up :(

Lintu - Have you thought about DH giving up work to look after LO? I know it's prob not what you want, but it may help?

What is everyone up to today? I'm waiting for a new tumble dryer to arrive....

Maz - go and buy! I bought everything already apart from the pram, and that's only cause we can't afford it right now so we're asking both sets of grandparents to contribute as a Christmas present. Can't believe I'm going to have to wait till then to get it!!

I was relieved last night to feel my lil boy start squirming again. Hadn't felt him for two days and was getting worried, but he suddenly decided to start doing somersaults (or thats what it felt like) for about ten minutes, so now I know he's definitely ok! I did feel it on the outside at one point as well, but OH was busy watching football downstairs, and last time I called him up he'd stopped anyway so thought better of it this time! Will wait till it's a bit more obvious and definite before trying to lure OH into feeling it again! lol.

It's terrible cause i'm back at work next week (a week today actually) and i'm getting less and less motivation and getting up later and later! I dunno how i'm gonna do a 6.30am start again, and I haven't got all the stuff done that I need to before I go back. Must sort myself out! I can't even be bothered to wash my hair and I really must cause it's getting all greasy now! I just wanna slouch around in my pj's all day and watch films! Is that so much to ask? lol

Lintu I know exactly how you feel, My OH works PT for the minimum wage. His boss said he could have more hours if he wanted but we went onto the government calculator on the internet and it said if he worked an extra 10 hours, after rent and council tax etc we would be £3.68 better off!

It is very hard. We claim benefit - Child benefit, child tax credit and working tax credit and were told we would be entitled to some income based jobseekers allowance but we refused the JSA as the council would pretty much take all of that for rent and council tax and we would be worse off. We dont live a luxury life, have holidays or flat screen TVs like some of our friends who dont and wont work and its frustrating.

As for managing with the baby when Annie was little we asked people to buy her clothes, and shoes/trainers etc for Xmas and its amazing how much little things like that can help out. You will manage because your a mum and its just what we do!

high guys just reading what all you guys are talking about. we are military and i am a vet and we qualify for nothing the army is good to us in a way but also now. we moved and it costed us like 6000 to do so we are to be remebersed some of that but they hold the money for 6 weeks well how do you pay bills until then well this has been the worse month ever especially since we havent any family to help and also ex husband hasnt been on time wih support checks either which has made everything worse. we get paid nxt week and will be back on track but i have deffinately shed a few tears.

kezz thank goodness for the baby wiggling he was resting this growing stuff is big time work;)

:hugs: mmcheek, it definately sounds like you have been through it the past few weeks. You must be a very strong person to still be standing.

Lintu - I know exactly how you feel and it sucks. My OH doesn't earn a lot either. I keep plugging the same figures into the calculator hoping a different total will come so I don't have to go back to work, but it doesn't!!

Lintu - Have you thought about DH giving up work to look after LO? I know it's prob not what you want, but it may help?

I have thought about that but prhaps im being selfish but i think why should i? why should i go through 9 mths of crap and labour for then DH to have all the fun stuff :shrug: plus I hate my job, if i had a career or a job that i enjoy then it may be different and my job costs me £200 a mth in fuel so would need to add that to the outgoings! and i wanted to go back to uni next yr.

Problem is my DH is a plodder, he knows we need more coming in and he knows all along since we started TTC that i wanted to stay at home and raise it, i just dont like nurseries:shrug: he hates his job too, he moans they dont pay enough and its crap but does naff all about it, it really does grate at me, im constantly thinking how can i earn more and he just comes in and watches TV, and to top it off when I suggest cutting back on his spends or getting rid of sky he wont even discuss it, its a flat out no :grr: im giving up everything and he wont even give up sky, theres no way in hell im letting him give up work too, plus he wont do the housework/garden/shopping/washing/ironing everything else that goes with it

sorry ladies rant over.

Hope everyones had a good day, yeahy for more movement Kezz, cant wait to start feeling bean more

Lintu it is hard in the uk isn't it. I think childcare costs are just ridiculous and the fact that most people will be better off if they don't go back to work and claim benefits is ridiculous.
Ihope you can get your dh on board.

Is anybody going to the baby show in manchester next weekend?

Lintu - I can appreciate that! I'd hate for oH to benat home whilst I'm at work!! But personally whilst childcare is expensive of you can find a goodnone it can be great. I love the nursery Isaac is in... We could afford for us both not to work, and I an very lucky in the fact that I'm at home for 13 weeks of the year. But it doesn't stop me hating my job most of the time! Maybe you should split All your money and see if he can afford sky then!!

Mm - hope things start improving hub x

Hi ladies

Havent been on for a while. Lots of lovely bumps growing!!! i still look like I ate all the pies!!

We are getting ready for a hurricane here after a little earthquake last week so all fun and games!

about benefits - we are Ex pats in USA so will get diddly squat here or there. Maternity leave here is like 8 weeks or something which is a bit poo! i am currently muddling through all the insurance crap and just found out the the new doc I just found (who isnt a nut job like the others) and who is awesome!!! does not accept the insurance that my company are moving me to on Sept first. Looks like I am searching for another doc again boooooo.

I have had a right poo time with docs so far and dont want to have to go through that agan. anyway on the plus side looks like bubba is doing well and I heard the heartbeat again today so all good :)

i finally bit the bullet and bought some maternity clothes and now am the proud owner of some stretchy waistband jeans teehee.

Well ladies I hope all is well. i missed a lot of the posts so will try to keep up over the next few days.

k477- i dont know about strong but i do turn into a nazi when i feel threatened and i have been one thing i am amazed of is how strong we get when we have to. i get paid my living by going to school and beause of our finances i had packed a bag to sleep in the truck cause i was afraid i wouldnt have enough gas to make it back to school the next day and luckily a child support came through and i could get gas and groceries. i cant believe how comfortable we get when things are good but next week good will be back thank god

Yes.... once again I fell off the face of the earth when it comes to checking in on this thread. I'm horrible. :( We did have our 20 week ultrasound and were quite surprised with the outcome. Our baby is very healthy- everything looked great.... except there was no "winkie". We're having a girl!! Total shock. We thought boy for sure. Nope. Not happening. We're happy- we were thankful for whatever God gave us. And thankfully we've been set on a girl's name all along. :) I'm so excited now knowing what color and outfits to get.

Congrats on Team Pink FM! What is your girls name?

Stay safe during the hurricane firstpreg, hopefully it passes quickly.

Lintu I'd love to go back to uni too, I didnt finish it the first time round and I really want to, but I just dont know if we would be able to manage it financially.

Yes.... once again I fell off the face of the earth when it comes to checking in on this thread. I'm horrible. :( We did have our 20 week ultrasound and were quite surprised with the outcome. Our baby is very healthy- everything looked great.... except there was no "winkie". We're having a girl!! Total shock. We thought boy for sure. Nope. Not happening. We're happy- we were thankful for whatever God gave us. And thankfully we've been set on a girl's name all along. :) I'm so excited now knowing what color and outfits to get.

Congrats on team pink :pink:

I am still sooo undecided if we are finding out the sex or not :wacko: :haha:

FM - I know what you mean, I so thought I was team pink again! But no, there was a mahoosive pair of balls there yesterday! Jago is not as shy as his big sister and kept flashing them!

Have got the few team updates now and will change them in a bit.

When did CB change to income based? I still get the £80 for Tegs, but then we also get a whack of benefits because Luke is a stay at home dad while I go out and work (43 hours this week when I'm only meant to do 30, but it's Tegan's 2nd birthday next month so we'll need the money!)

Lovely bumps ladies :)

Found out yesterday that our internet won't be connected for another 2-3 weeks :( the swines!

At the scan everything was fine, I cried when I saw it was a boy (so bloody hard to miss!) But was told I have to go back next week so rearranged work so they could check out his lips, his chin was on his chest, at fist he was the wrong way around, so I went for a pee and came back, he'd swapped positions and they could see his top lip but they want to check everything!

So I was getting maternity trousers for work and I get a phone call, scan isn't next Thursday anymore it's 5th Sept! Argh! And looking in my notes I get a growth scan in 4 weeks. Which means I'll have seen Jago 5 times at least before I have him!

My notes also showed an anterior placenta, which is why I hardly feel anything, I did ask in the scan and got the "every baby is different" answer :(

So I'm adding to the boy list! Can't believe Tegs was bang on from the very beginning that mummy was having a boy! Thank god he's ok though after the chicken pox, seems to have long legs though!

Hope you're all well and good luck to those who're having scans soon :) xx

Congrats on the blue bump Rees, one of each thats lovely, and how great you get so many chances to see him!

Paula you've got so much more willpower than me if you stay yellow!!

The weather is so rubbish here, its keeping us trapped indoors, hence why I have been on here loads! Got a day out to Coventry tomorrow though so will have a change of scene.

My scan is next Saturday and Im actually getting really nervous! Since Ive been pregnant a couple of people OH and I know have had some probs with their pregnancies and its really playing on mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->