January SnowAngels 2012, 2nd and 3rd Tri

Hi all,

Rees - No I wont get another scan unless MW decides baby is still small but Im not even seeing her for another 7 weeks so wouldn know until then anyway. They said they couldnt be sure if Annie was a girl but hey she definately is!!

My freezer has broken Im so peed off!

Sorry for not coming on sooner - I got home last night and just collapsed on the sofa and slept for ages! The hospital basically said that as everything seems ok, strong heartbeat, blood pressure normal, urine normal etc etc not to worry as they think it is most likely ligament pain. Although I was there 2 and a half hours (mostly sat in a room waiting) to hear that. Pain's on and off today, and this morning stood up to get out of the car and my back just suddenly started killing, for about 10 minutes then it went off. I feel like i'm falling apart and can't help thinking it's dreadful timing seen as how i'm back at work tomorrow and been fine all holiday! Also the nausea seems to have started again yesterday and i'm not feeling hungry much at all, Last week I was stuffing my face! All in all making me feel a bit down really, and like an old woman every time I try and stand!

We also had our re-gender scan yesterday and he is defo a boy! There was no missing it this time, his legs were mega long, and then there was a third leg ;) haha

Kezz any news huni???

Daisy hope your feeling better soon :hugs:

The things us ladies put ourselves through!!

Cant believe how expensive formula is, i want to breastfeed as long as i can, so hopefully that will cut some of the cost.

Yep I found a pram, its the mamas & paps ultima 9 in 1 system and i love it, I was really cheap and bought it off ebay for £140! with the extra things, such as car seat, carry cot, stand, car seat base, foot muff, bag, rain cover the lot, its last years colours but what the hell, baby wont know its second hand, i just couldnt justify the amount of money mamas and paps wanted and thought I would look and see what was online, I then spoke to mum and she said that she had a second hand pram for my sister and me cos they didnt have the money for new, nearly everyone used second hand stuff. So I thought who said I had to have all new :shrug: its clean and looked after and thats all that matters so i thought what the heck, we have been to pick it up this morning.

:wohoo: scan day tomorrow and im a Cantaloupe :hugs:

goodness kezz i was worried about you glad everything is oka.
glad to see all is going good ladies

LM what do they mean the baby is small do they think your due date is off or are the saying your baby is just going to be under size. they are all small right now Wesley measures 10 inches and approx weight is roughly 10 oz i would call that small especially looking at my big round belly lol

She said the baby is a small one due to the measurements on the sheet they print out to put in your blue folder.

All the marks were near the left end and one of the marks for something in the brain that they measure was more to the left than the graph line, which means it is below average. (if any of that makes sense to you?!) Im quite worried about that really but everyone says not to worry, Im going to talk to the MW about it and hopefully she will send me to get rescanned so they can measure it again, but I doubt it!

To tell the truth I cant believe baby is small as I can stop eating!!

glad baby is ok Kezz, hope you feel better!

OK ladies... The measurement that was really small on the baby was the transcerebellar diameter.
I found this info explaining what that means:

TCD: Transcerebellar Diameter, A dumb bell shaped area within the back of the head. When abnormally shaped (banana) or absent is generally associated with either a chromosome or/and spina bifida. In the second trimester is the measurement can be numerically equivalent to the number of weeks in pregnancy

baby has a lovely spine Im told so def no spina bifida but Im 21 weeks tomorrow and the measurement was 1.8 so 3 out to be numerically equivalent. Do you think its anything to worry about?

I wouldn't worry as the percentage difference including errors is so small.. Shape wise was fine... And that seems to be were problem was. Was the rest measuring small?

Everything measured below 1/2 way on the little graph lines on the scan print out in my folder but that was well below the graph line.

I guess Im just panicking, if it was serious OH said they would have got someone to speak to us straight away. Im just ultra paranoid at the moment as some of our friends have had serious problems with their pregnancies.

I think you've every right to be paranoid.. I know I would be!! But your OH is right... they would have told you straight away if it had been serious.

To me it just sounds like you're having a tiny one!

Isaac and I went for a walk around the local reservior this afternoon, mainly to go puddle jumping! But he walked the whole round and it's nearly 2 miles! I knackered now! I'm hoping for a better bedtime tonight rather than spending an hour putting him to

Lm try not to worry I am sure if it was serious they would have you back again and be keeping a close eye on you, I know it's hard not to panic though x

Leg is a lot better today! I am so glad b/c I wanted to be able to be up and moving around and enjoying my daughter's second birthday! 1 hour till the party guest arrive:) I am so excited!!

Kezz- glad you are ok!

LM- I agree, if there was a problem the U/S tech would have gotten your midwife and had a talk with you...I would assume. When I had blood in my placenta they went and got the doctor after the exam and showed her the pictures.

mrs g what hav they said about your low lyingplacenta i ave that two. i had a few spots of blood today so i went to doctor nothing appears to be wrong and i have to be monitored they also said no sex and may put me on bed rest. i go for another scan in 4 weeks which is 24 weeks for me. congrats on staying team yellow

my friend due in January is having a boy too must be the month for it

:wacko: well i have also had some light bleeding, but thankfully the baby seems to be doing ok. went to a&e on friday night/sat morn at 1am and they sent me to ward1 where the dr scanned me, i have another scan tomorrow at some point to check everything again.. it was pretty scary but i have felt baby moving abit more as if its saying 'mummy im still here' :) which is nice, and i have also lent my friends doppler so im reassured listening to the heartbeat.
I am currently on bed rest and not sure how long this will be for.. although the bleeding stopped im still discharging what looks like dark red/brown blood (old blood) and although its very light the slightest walk and its on my nicks :(
Fingers crossed my scan goes ok tomorrow too.. slightly worried but only because its the unknown.. and blood in pregnancy is normally a bad sign (as weve always been told) but aparently its quite normal at this stage im led to believe. so fingers crossed eh!

hope your ok... the low laying placenta cant harm the baby but apparently can cause some bleeding from the pressure on the cervix, although it normally moves upwards (its quite common i believe) 1 in 200 pregnancys and 95% of these have a later scan at around 31-34 weeks and the placenta has moved upwards with the upward growing uterus.. if it doesnt its a c-section xxx

Daisy glad your legs are feeling better! I forgot you were a Septembryo too!!

I can't believe I have to go to work tomorrow.... :cry: and my little boy has to go back to nursery :cry:

Good luck for your scan! It is quite common - although still needs checking out - I had a small one last time, and the only thing they could account for it was an irritated cervix!

Sorry for not coming on sooner - I got home last night and just collapsed on the sofa and slept for ages! The hospital basically said that as everything seems ok, strong heartbeat, blood pressure normal, urine normal etc etc not to worry as they think it is most likely ligament pain. Although I was there 2 and a half hours (mostly sat in a room waiting) to hear that. Pain's on and off today, and this morning stood up to get out of the car and my back just suddenly started killing, for about 10 minutes then it went off. I feel like i'm falling apart and can't help thinking it's dreadful timing seen as how i'm back at work tomorrow and been fine all holiday! Also the nausea seems to have started again yesterday and i'm not feeling hungry much at all, Last week I was stuffing my face! All in all making me feel a bit down really, and like an old woman every time I try and stand!

We also had our re-gender scan yesterday and he is defo a boy! There was no missing it this time, his legs were mega long, and then there was a third leg ;) haha

im glad everything went well for you hun at the hospital.. i think these half way through scares are playing with us all at the mo, i hope your not too exhausted now..xxx

ps what did the little boy parts look like? were they 3little white dots in the lower region?xx

Hey ladies.
I have been checking in although dont have too much to say! lol. (makes a change)

LM2104 - Dont worry!! 1- The measurements on the scale (i am oxfordshire too so know what you are talking about) is a average! the centre being what we call the 50th centile. As long as babies measures between the two furtherst lines you are find.
2- Again dont worry! lol. THe brain measurement... same goes really. and if there was ANYTHING you had to worry about they would have told you and arranged followup for you.
Your mw will measure your bump and if you measure small or the growth is not consistant she will refer you for a scan. Try and relax and enjoy.

Mrs A - I have had a fair few bleeds so far! they always make you worry, they have never found a reason for mine. Placenta is tucked away on the right and not near the os (cervix) if you have a low lying placenta it is more than likely that and if you are still feelign babe etc im sure you will be fine. Out of curiosity has you been told to refrain from DTD???? and if not was the last bleed after DTD ??
I only ask as one of my bleeds before they knew where the placenta was my cons told me if it was low it would mean i couldnt.... no that i have! :Blush:

So is anyone else experiencing Pelvic girdle pain yet or SPD as it was? I am horrified that i am 21wks and already suffering! :cry: work was really busy today and i didnt sit once and my god i can barely walk tonight! :cry: i think i am going to have to go and see a Osteopath much sooner than i thought!!!
Kezz - reading your posts i did wonder whether you are experiencing this too!! Ligament pain is common, but groin pain etc tends to be the ligaments and pelvis muscles/bones softening. the weight of the uterus puts strain on these and for some can be extremely painful. others never have it! Lucky them!! lol.

Anyways so much for not having a lot to say! lol. I suppose i just save it all up! lol.

xx

morning ladies. been a while since i checked in, was and am still quiet tired.

congrats Fruitymelli, Tasha, KristalB, Jaz, FM on team :pink:

congratsJfor3, Radience, Paula, Rees, DueJan, mmcheek, BlairUK on team :blue:

glad to see there is still some yellows left :happydance: i will be tempeted again at a scan at 32 weeks :dohh: i guess i'll just have to leave it to fate.

glad your feeling better Daisy and happy birthday to your daughter :cake:

K477uk i'm glad you got to take Issac in with you, even if chuggington is more interesting than a black and white baby :winkwink:

:happydance: glad everything's ok Kezz

LM my girls always measured small and it's no different this time. mind you they are still shrimps :haha: my almost 3 year old is the same height as a 2 year old and my 5 year old is the same height as a 4 year old. but there is absolutly nothing wrong with them :thumbup:

Fm that sux about your washing machine, maybe it would be cheaper if you could see if it could be fixed rather than getting a new one :shrug:

Paula i hope your DH is good at that type of thing and you can clean up the mess soon.

Lintu goodluck with your scan today :thumbup: second hand stuff can be just as good as something new. my cot and cradle was my husband's as a bub. needs a good wash and paint this time round though as it has been sitting in the garage for 2 years.

goodluck with your scan MrsGAnderson it all sounds very scary :hugs:

Maz :hugs: i hope your feeling better soon

Been craving coke lately, can't seem to get enough :blush: but i do try to be good and only have one a day.

goodness ladies all the 2nd tri concerns. small measurements, pre term labor and early bleeding. lets start the 7weeks countdown to baby could survive if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->